- Text Size +
After I get done with the dishes I go up stairs to my bed room to go to sleep. I was really tired it was 3:00 in the morning. I make it to my room and change into my night clothes. I turn my lights of and I lay down on my bed. I slowly drift off to sleep when I was woken to my cell ringing.
“Hello?” I answered annoyed. Why would somebody call me at 3 in the morning?
“What’s up with you and that guy?” I heard a manvoice asking. “Oh my god Nick! I can’t believe you. You seriously calling me at 3 am to ask me about something that has NOTHING to do with you?“ I yelled.
“I’m just looking out for you. You’re my best friend” he said
“Yeah well Nick.. There’s nothing going on with me and Chris. I just met him a couple of hours ago.“
“Baby.. I just don’t think you two should get together.” he whispered.
“Nick! If I shouldn’t get with him.. Who should I get with than?” I asked just because I wanted to know his answer. My heart picked up its speed waiting on his answer. I could barely hear his voice. “M……M………E….” I hear a beep before he could finish.
“Baby I got to go. I got another call coming thru … I’ll talk to you later”
“Yeah later..” I answered disappointed.
“I love you, Baby”
I been wondering recently if Nick really did love me. If he really ment it when he says it. I hang up without saying it back and fall asleep more tired then I was before

LATER ON THAT DAY:

I was sitting on my bed listening to my favorite song No One else comes close to you when I hear my phone ring. It was a number I didn’t know.
“Hello?”
“Hi Sweety”
“Who Is this?” I asked confused.
“Wow .. It hasn’t been a day yet and you already forgot about me? Its Chris!”
“Oh Hi Chris. I’m sorry I didn’t recognize your voice” I apologized .
“That’s alright. I was wondering if you had any plans tonight?”
“No I don’t. Why? You have something in your mind?” I said smiling.
“Yeah actually I do. it’s a surprise. So you want to go out?”
“Yeah I do!” I grinned.
“Alright . I’ll pick you up at 8.”
“Yeah that’s good. But since you’re not telling me where we’re going, can you atleast tell me what I should wear?”
“All I’m telling you Is to wear flip flops” he laughed.

After we hung up I hopped in the shower to get ready. I decided to dress casual, so I took my jeans out of my closet and combined it with a pink t-shirt. I found my matching pink flip-flops and put on some pink lip gloss. Just when I was finished my phone rang. It was Chris saying that he was in front of my door. I rushed downstairs and saw Chris standing in front of my door. I walked over to him and greeted him with a hug. We walked to his car and he opened the door for me like a real gentlemen. “So where are we going?” I asked curiously. Chris just smiled and said that was still a surprise. I knew he wasn’t going to tell me anything yet so I decided just to wait and see. I turned on the radio and sang along with the songs that came on. After a couple of songs the host took over. “We’re going to hit you back to the 90’s with No one Else Comes Close.” I let out a satisfied sigh “I love this song.” I close my eyes and listen to the song as Nick’s face pops into my head. I start to remember the day we went to our school dance in the 7th grade.

Flashback

Nick, me and our dates walk into the gym area where our school dance was being held. I was here with my boyfriend Chozin and Nick was here with some girl he asked for the dance named Noelle. Me and Nick go our separate ways. I was dancing with Chozin and we were having a good time. The dance was almost over by now. The DJ said he was going to more dance songs and end the dance with a slow song. “I’m going to the restroom real quick, ok?” Chozin whispered in my ear. I smile and nod my head. I head over to the punch table to get a drink and wait for Chozin. When Chozin stayed away for 5 minutes I got tired so I walked to the restroom to find him. But what I saw was something I wasn’t expecting. Chozin was at the corner of the restroom kissing a girl from our class. I couldn’t believe what I saw. I run back to the gym before they see me. Just as I enter the gym the last song started. The DJ played my favorite song No One Else Comes Close. I could feel the tears sting in my eyes, but I hold my tears in. I didn’t want anybody to see me cry. “Do you want to dance?” I heard a boy whisper in my ear from behind me. I turn around to snap on Chozin and get scream but I turn around to a smiling Nick. I smile and place my hand into his and let him lead me to the dance floor. Nick holds me close to him as our bodies sway to the music. I didn’t realize I was crying until Nick lifted my face to look at me. He saw me crying and I saw him looking at me with a concern expression on his face. “What wrong baby?” I couldn’t talk that much, after a lot of swallowing I managed to saw what was wrong. “Chozin was kissing some girl.” “Ah come here baby” Nick pulled me closer while we were still dancing to the song. “I swear, Nick. You’re the only boy I will ever love.“ I cried. I heard Nick taking a deep breath “And you’re the only girl I will ever love, baby.”

End of Flashback

I opened my eyes and noticed that the song playing on the radio was already finished. We got to the destination and I smiled as Chris opens my door for me and helpes me out. We get out and as I looked around I noticed we were at a pitch dark beach. “What’s this Chris?” I asked confused but still excited at the same time. “Its still a surprise.“ Chris said laughing. He took my hand and
we start walking through the sand. I take my sandals
and hold them in my hand. I look out into the distant when I see a little campfire in the middle of the sand. As we get closer I see a basket and a blanket laid out on the ground. I looked at him in surprise and asked if this was for me. Chris gave me a shy look and nodded. I couldn’t believe this. Nobody has ever done something this sweet for me. I watch Chris as he sits down and signs for me to join him. He opens the basket and pulls out some strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and a wine bottle. He hands me a glass and pours some wine in for us. I was about to take a sip when he looked at me like he wanted to give a toast. He gave me a smile and hold his glass out. “To the new people in our lives.” I repeated what he said and took a sip of the wine. I grabbed a strawberry and dipped it into some chocolate sauce. I noticed him watching me as I took a bite of my strawberry. “What?” I asked shyly. “You’re really beautiful” he smiled. I could feel my cheeks turning red as I thanked him. I wanted to change the subject quickly so I started some small talk. “So do you have any brothers or sisters?” “Yes I got a twin sister but she’s still in Virginia with my dad. She’s coming in a couple days. What about you? Do you have any other brothers besides Howie and Kevin?” I nodded. “I have another older sister and a older brother, but he lives in Australia.” He gave me a weird look as if he couldn’t understand why my brother lived there. I explained that my mother was really young when she had him so my grandma took care of him. He practically become her son and they moved to Australia. He could tell this was a difficult subject for me to talk about so thankfully he didn’t ask more about it. “I can’t wait for the dance Tuesday” I smiled. “Me neither” Chris responded “Specially since I’m going with you.” I could feel my cheeks turning red again. “You’re really sweet Chris” I said looking in his eyes. He had amazing eyes, although they were nothing compared to Nick’s. “Is that a good or a bad thing?” Chris asked. I took a deep breath thinking about Nick. “Well its not a bad thing, but Its just that somebody else has stolen my heart.” I honestly replied. “Its Nick isn’t it?” he asked out of nowhere. I was shocked for a minute. How did he know? Was it that obvious? “Uhm” I looked down to the sand and slowly nodded. “Destiny.. I like you.. I like you a lot. And I really want to get to know you better. I hope you give me a chance so I can make you change your mind.” I looked in his eyes and could tell that he really ment it. I never thought a boy would still want to be with a girl even though she loves somebody else. But guess I was wrong. He really did want to get to know me better. And you know what, he’s right ! Nick has a girlfriend, and whenever he’s around her its like he totally forgets who I am. I should give Chris a chance. He’s sweet, nice , caring and most definitely not bad looking at all. “You mean you still want to be with me even though I’m in love with Nick?” I asked for him to confirm what I thought. He nodded “Yes I do.” If I wasn’t in love with Nick so badly this would be the perfect guy for me. He is everything I’ve ever wanted. I should give him a chance. I got a feeling he can be the best boyfriend. “Alright , I’ll give you a chance. Just please don’t rush it. I want to take it slow. So don’t push me into something I’m not ready for.” I saw Chris’s eyes light up. He was definitely happy with my answer. He gave me a big smile and gently leaned forward a bit. He licked his lips and looked at my lips. “Can I kiss you?” he asked in such a sweet voice. I smiled and leaned forward aswell. He kissed me gently and I return the favor, not noticing that I had my hand in the chocolate sauce. I stopped kissing him to look at my hand covered in chocolate. I started laughing “That was one heck of a first kiss huh?” I laughed looking at my hand. Chris cracked up laughing and fell backwards in the sand. I took my hand covered in chocolate sauce and put some on his face. He wiped the chocolate off. “Ah what was that for” he pounded “You’re about to get it now.” I saw him reach for the bowl filled with the chocolate sauce, I got up and started running away with Chris behind me chasing me. This was the first time I was really having fun with someone else that wasn’t Nick.