- Text Size +
flashback to 6 months ago.

I was sitting at home by myself. My mom and my brother and sister all went out.
I was watching tv when I heard a knock at the front door. I got up to answer it.
When I opened the door I saw my little sister Destiny's best friend Nick.
Even though he was younger than me, he was way taller than me too. I look at Nick and smiled.
This was really a good looking boy. He and Destiny have been really good friends and in my opinion they would make a cute couple as well.
"Hey Nick. what's up?"
"Hi Carly." he smiled. "Is baby home?"
I shook my head and told him she left with my mom and my brothers.
"They can be back any minute now. So you can wait inside if you want to?" I offered him.
Nick accepted the offer and sat down on the couch next to me. We sat down and as we watched tv.
I look at Nick out the corner of my eyes. How stupid is Destiny? Everybody can tell that this boy is head over heels for her.
One thing is for sure, even though Destiny keeps denying it I know she likes him as well.
I turned around to Nick and looked at him. "Nick... you like my sister don't you?"
I could tell by Nick's face he was caught off guard by that question.
He was getting really nervous. "What? Uhm No. I don't like Destiny."
I started laughing, he was trying to deny it really hard which made it even more obvious.
"Ah come on Nick. I won't tell anyone. I promise." I was being really serious. I really wouldn't tell anybody, not even my sister.
I watch as Nick examines my face to see if I was serious. He lets out a deep breath and looked down to his shoes.
He looked back at me and decided he was going to tell me the truth.
"Yes.. I do like her.. I even LOVE her" he smiled to himself. "I fell in love with her that first day that I met her, but she doesn't feel the same." he told me.
I looked at him and I could see he was really hurt. "How do you know?" I asked.
I for one really think Destiny likes him as well, but I don't want to tell him that if I don't know it for sure.
"Well whenever somebody asks about us she's always the first one to deny it. She always says I’m just her friend."
I looked at Nick and noticed him getting more and more sad.
"You sound like you tired of that." I tell him.
"I am! I mean what do I got to do to get her to realize how I feel. I'm not going to wait forever. If she doesn't realize how I feel soon...I'm gonna move on."
"Well why don't you just tell her?" I suggested.
"Carly.. She should know by now. I do EVERYTHING for her. I hold her books, I always make plans with her and nobody else. I buy her gifts and not just on her birthday. I give her my shoulder to cry on every time one of her stupid boyfriends breaks her heart. I hold her hands, I tell her she's beautiful every single time." he explained. "Honestly, wouldn't you notice?" he asked looking at me.
I nodded my head "Yeah I would." I honestly replied. Nick got up and took another deep breath.
"Uhm could you just tell Destiny to give me a call when she gets back?"
"I will do that Nick." He walked towards the door and before he opened the door he turned around one more time.
"Carly, don't forget you promised." he reminded me.
"Nick don't worry. I always keep my promise." I walk to the door and let Nick out.
Before I close the door I shout out to Nick "Nick!" He turns around and looks at me.
"If she doesn't love you now sooner or later she will. Just give her some time. I think my mom dropped her when she was a baby." I joked.
Nick started laughing and gave me a thankful smile as he walked towards his car.