- Text Size +
The scene of the accident

A group of men from the police, ambulance and the fire station were the first to approach of what was left of Nick’s car. It was apparent by then that the big Sime-truck had hit it head on. The front of Nick’s car was crushed. It now looked like the car was apart of the truck. The only way you could tell that those were 2 vehicles instead of one was by the color of Nick’s car. A man was whimpering on the side of the road by himself but he appeared to be unharmed. That was probably the truck driver. A man from the fire station took a flash light with him and tried to look in the car with his colleges . “Do you see anything yet?” The man with the flashlight felt his whole body shake as he looked into Nick’s car. He has seen a lot of things in his 40 years of life but never anything like this. The traffic had stopped everywhere. In all the lanes no one was moving across the high way now. It was dark in the car even though the streetlight were on. Everything was so crushed that it was really hard to see who was inside the car. The man with the flashlight tried to open the door but it wouldn’t open. It was jammed. They hear more sirens approaching the accident scene. A other policeman approach the passenger side of the car when he saw something that broke his heart in pieces. He has a unconscious girl in the front seat but what was more heartbreaking was the fact that the driver a blonde young man had thrown himself on top of her. To protect her from the crash. He arms were over body so that she wouldn’t slam against the front glass.
The man tried to open the door but it was beyond of opening. He than saw the piece of broken glass and broke it more so he can put his arms in it. He put his arms thru the glass and tried to touch Destiny. He thought she was dead but he checked her pulse and found out she still had one but it wasn’t a strong one. Her entire face was covered with blood. He than run to Nick’s side and tried to check if he still had a pulse.
Finally the other ambulance arrived with four police cars and 2 fire engines. A lot of people had called them from their cell phones and reported how bad the accident was.
The driver of the truck had been untouched expect for a few scratches and
bruises. He was crying like crazy in the arms of a stranger on the side of the road. Three fireman and two cops approach Nick’s car along with more paramedics. The police start directing the traffic trying to get them out of the way.
“What have we got here?” a policeman asks.
“We have two teenager one female and a male. We can’t get any of the doors open” the doctor explains.
The paramedics reached in to try and touch Destiny he than had the fireman call for the jaw of life to open the car doors.
“Do you think their going to make it?” the doctor gently asked the paramedic.
“I don’t know yet. We have to get them out first.”
They continued to check Destiny’s pulse because they couldn’t reach Nick’s. So far Destiny was alive. Finally all the equipment came to open the car. The paramedics were moving quickly so they could star an IV on Destiny. They put a small bag under her head so she couldn’t hurt herself more.
“Its obvious she has a head injury and god knows what else.” the doctor explains.
When they finally were able to open the door they went to Nick first because they didn’t know how serious his injures were. They pulled him out the car slowly and immediately checked for his pulse.
The paramedic looks at the doctor and the rest in shock.
“He has no pulse” he softly says.
Some complete strangers start to cry as they realize that the young boy has lost his life in the car crash. Shocked ears of grief for a total stranger.
The door open and the doctor got a chance to slip inside and get a better look at Destiny. Instead of breathing she was whizzing. The paramedics put an oxygen tube to her mouth. They knew if they don’t pull her out the car soon she wouldn’t make it.
“Come on girl…..come on……… don’t quit on me now….” The doctor whispers to Destiny. After a lot of pulling and pushing they finally were able to pull Destiny out the crushed car and put her into a ambulance. They put Nick in a different car to some place else.
As the doctor watches the ambulance leave he could of sworn that he heard a song out of the crashed car. He heard the lyrics ‘No one else comes close to you , No one makes me feel the way you do.’