- Text Size +
Me and Nick pull up to the school and he parks his car in the student parking lot.
We get out of his car and he slings his arms over my shoulder and pulls me close as we walk into our school. We see a lot of people we knew from last year and say our hi’s and keep walking. We walk to the office to get our schedule and see a familiar teacher working behind the desk.
"Hello Ms. Abbeywood ,Me and Nick need our schedule"
She looks up at me and smile "Hey you guys I see you two are still an item."
Nick starts laughing "No, Ms.Abbeywood, We are just friends."
Ms. Abbeywood raises one eyebrow and shakes her head in disbelieve. She walks away to go get our schedule."Nick we must be missing something because people sure love to assume that we are together." I wisper and Nick winks at me. "Yeah, I know." Ms. Abbeywood comes back with our schedule and we leave the office looking at our schedule. "Let me see yours, baby" says Nick. I hand him mine and he hands me his. "I see we got first hour and lunch together" I notice. Nick compares our schedules and noddes.

I look around the hall and try to find our friends. When I finally see them we walk over to them. I see my brothers Kevin, Howie standing with their girlfriends Kristen and Leigh. Next to them is Nick's good friend Brian and his girlfriend Leighanne. We all compare our schedule and it seems we all got lunch at the same time.

"You guys heard about AJ throwing a party tomorrow night, right?" Howie says. "Hell Yeah! That boys always throws the best parties!" Nick answers getting all hyper. “DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" Kevin screams and puts his fist on his mouth. Everybody looks in the direction he’s looking at , and I see a girl around the same age as us. Kristen hits Kevin in the arm. "Ohh! What was that for?" Kevin starts pouting. Kristen looks at him mad and shakes her head. "dint standing right next to you , and you check another girl out?”
"Noo I wasnt checking her out.. I was just uhm you know uhm…"
"Whatever Kevin never mind ."
Nick rubs his hands together and continues to look at the girl "Well while you two over here are arguing, what’s gonna go and talk to her.” Nick walks away from us and begins talking to the girl. All my friends suddenly look at me with eyes wide open. "What?" I ask not knowing why there staring at me. "Are you just gonna let him talk to that girl?" Leighanne sissed. "She's right, you better get your man back" Leigh agreed. I took a deep breath "You guys all know that Nick is NOT my man! he is…" Before I could finish my sentence the whole group finished it off for me "JUST A FRIEND" they finished all together. "Good to know that you guys listen" I laughed.

"I don't understand you guys," Howie mumbled "I mean you've been best friends for 6 years now. You know everything about each other. You're ALL over each other. Its obvious that you guys like each other. Why not make it official?" "Oh and what about the whole I LOVE YOU thing. You guys say that to each other at least 3 times a day" Kevin added. I started to get a bit annoyed. “Nick is my best friend. So what if we tell each other that we love each other. We do. And we don't hide it.” "You don’t tell us you love us every time you see us." Kirsten said. "Oh and you guys always go on dates!!" Brian said jumping in the conversation. "We don't go on dates!" I said trying to defend myself "We just do stuff for fun.. that’s it." Kristen walks up to me and stands in front of me. She puts her arm around mine and asks "Who pays when you guys do ''fun stuff?'' "He does ofcourse" I answer still not knowing what is wrong with that. I mean a guy should always pay right? "Well than its a date!!! As soon as a guy pays, its a date!" Brian says screaming. When I wanted to answer Brian and the rest , I saw Nick walking towards us with the girl..

He had his arm around the new girl and she started introducing her to us. "I would like you guys to meet Paris. She's new here. She just moved.” We all say hi her, we stand their quietly but I still noticed all my friends staring at me. Nick asked her what kind of class she had first period and we found out she has the same class as me and Nick. I don't know why , but I don't like her.. AT ALL.. She doesn’t seem a ''good'' type of person or nice or whatever. There’s something wrong with this chick and I can tell already. I walk away from them and go to my first period class. The one I got with Nick and Paris. I was kind of mad at Nick, and I don’t know why. He was all over that girl he just met. I walk into class and I take a seat in the last row where me and Nick usually sit. I look in front of me and I see a girl I remember from last year. I never talked to her but she seemed nice. She was a shy person. I smiled at her and she smiled back. She reached her hand out to me "Hi I’m Vanessa." I introduced myself and we started talking a bit. All of a sudden I noticed Nick and Paris walking to the front row and sitting next to each other. I thought Nick would come to the back and sit next to me. Like we've always done for the past 6 years. For some reason I’m starting to dislike her more and more. Vanessa looked at me and looked back at Nick. "Isn’t that you're boyfriend?" she asked kind of insecure. I shook my head and told her he wasn’t.

The teacher walks in the class and the bell rings around 10 students come rushing in filling the rest of the seats. "Hello ,My name is Mrs. Lucket and I will be you Chemistry teacher for the year. I would like you al to get a partner today and pick wisely, because you will have this partner for the rest of the whole year.” Without thinking twice I got up and walked towards Nick. We've always been partners and everybody knew that. So nobody even bothered asking any of us to be partners. "Nick you're my partner right " I asked even though I knew I Ad’s have too ask. Nick looked up at me and started to turn red a bit "Uhm sorry Destiny, I just promised Paris I’m gonna be her partner. She doesn’t know anybody else in this class." I looked at him with a shocked expression. I was kind of hurt. It felt like Nick was pushing me away for a girl he just met a half hour ago. But what reallllyy bothered me was the fact that he called me Destiny. He has NEVER called me Destiny. It has always been baby. I rolled my eyes at him and just walked away back to my own seat. I saw that Vanessa didn’t have a partner yet , so i asked her to become partners.

"Does everybody have a partner?" Mrs. Lucket asks. She looks around the class. "Well since you have that done, you can talk amongst yourselves for the rest of the hour". The whole class starts talking and so did me and Vanessa. "So did you 2 broke up in the summer?" "Who?" I asked not nothing what she was talking about. "You and Nick. I mean last year you 2 were the ''role models'' for every couple. Like the couple of the year." she laughed. I laughed at her comment but corrected her "No that is a mistake. Me and Nick never went out." Vanessa's eyes got even bigger behind her glasses. "But I thought that you and Nick… I mean…" I cut her off "For some reason everyone thinks that." i said mumbling. "Think what?" I hear a man voice asking. I looked up from Vanessa and saw Nick standing next to me smiling. "Nothing." I said trying to ignore him. Nick grabs a chair and sits facing me and Vanessa. I looked behind Nick and saw that he left Paris sitting by herself. "You left your partner" I said with a attitude. Nick sighed and looked at me "I wanted to talk to you…" he said. He looks at Vanessa and finish his sentence by saying "Alone."
Vanessa was about to get up, but I grabbed her arm. I shook my head and told Nick that she can stay. "No seriously, Destiny. I want to talk to you."

Did he just call me Destiny again? He NEVER called me by my real name. Why do I have a feeling this is the fault of that new chick. I raised my eyebrow and looked at him "I said she can stay. She's my new friend and she can stay. So what do you want to talk to me about?" I asked crossing my arms. "Why do you have a attitude? Why are you acting weird." he asked noticing my attitude towards him. "because you just totally blew me off!!" I explained. "No I didn’t!" he said defending himself. "How Did I do that?" I looked down at the table and whispered "Because you didn’t pick me for your partner."
"The only reason I’m working with Paris is because she doesn’t know anybody in this class."
"Well you didn’t even give her a chance to get a partner besides you. She could of met someone else."
"Maybe I wanted to get to know her!!"
I looked up quickly from my desk to his face. Why didn’t I like that answer? Shouldn't I be happy for my best friend? "For what? Why do you want to get to know her?"
"Because I can ! Is that a problem, Destiny?"
I start to get a bit angry and I tried not to show it to him "What? No its not my problem. You're not my child."
"You act as if you don’t like her."
"Well maybe I don't!" I admitted.
Nick gets this weird look on his face. "You don’t even know her.. Why don't you like her?"
"Because I can! Is that a problem NICKOLAS?" I answered copying him. I could tell by the look on his face that he was getting angry. "I don’t know what your problem is but ever since we came into the building you got a attitude problem!" he got up from his chair and started talking louder and louder "But right now I don’t have time for your attitude. Whatever reason you have stop acting like a BITCH!!"
The whole classroom gets quit and looked at me and Nick. This was the first time me and Nick argued. The first time in 6 years and my classmates were as shocked as me with this fight. I stared at Nick and I didn’t have anything to say to him. I felt tears coming up so I got up and I walked out of the classroom.