- Text Size +
Brian’s point of view

I get up and walk to the front desk. I need to know if it was Nick that was with her in the car accident. I hope not.
“Uhm Excuse me could you tell me if you have a Nick Carter here? He was in the car accident with Destiny Hope.”
The woman looked up to me. “Are you relative?”
“That means he is here. Is he alright?” I said ignoring her question.
“I can’t give you that type of information unless your related to the person”
Thankfully Howie came to me and stood next to me . “He’s our brother in law” he said looking at the woman. The woman nods and starts to look thru her files on the computer. We stand there for a while when she takes a quick intake with her breath. That breath of hers made me know something bad happened. I leaned over the counter trying to see what she was seeing.
“Could you please tell me what’s wrong?” I whispered.
The woman slowly looks up to me and takes another breath.
“Uhm I’m so sorry sir.. He… He … He didn’t make it.”
“What? What do you mean he didn’t make it? WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!” I started yelling ready to cry.
“I’m really sorry sir. He died in the crash”
Everything started going into slow motion. I grabbed my head as the tears rush from my eyes. No god. Please don’t do this to me. Not nick !!! No this can’t be happening. This was like my brother. Noooo. I suddenly couldn’t feel my legs anymore and fall on the ground. With my back against the counter I started crying louder and louder.
“I’m really sorry sir , When the car crashed he was protecting the female in the car and threw his whole body on top of hers which made him fall head first into the dashboard. The impact of the crash was so strong which made his neck snapped. He actually sacrificed his life for your sister” she explained assuming Destiny was my sister.”
I felt someone wrap me in their arms and I turn around to my girlfriend Leighanne.
“He’s gone.. Nick is gone” I cried looking at her.
She let me go and covered her mouth as the tears fall down on her face.
“What? He’s gone? Nick is dead?” she cried.
I just nodded and a couple of minutes later the whole waiting room was filled with tears when everybody heard the news.