- Text Size +
6 : Promise

I had to hop out my shower cause my cell phone ringer was ringing nonstop. I wrap a towel around myself and go to my room to answer my ringing cell.
“Damn, baby! I called you like ten times what were you doing?”
“For you information, Nick, I was in the shower. I’m getting ready for AJ’s party.”
“Yeah about that baby. I know I promised I would give you a ride, but do you think it’s possible to catch a ride with Kevin or Howie? Because you know….”
I was getting mad “No Nick I don’t know…”
“Well, I’m trying to be alone with Paris.”
“Nick .. You’ve been alone with her ever since you met her!!”
“Please understand, baby… do this for me please ?” he begged.
“Fuck you Nick… “ I hang up on him and walked to my closet. I picked out my outfit for the party and curled my hair. Spray a bit of my favorite perfume (Dolce & Gabana Light Blue ) and did some finishing touches on my makeup. I grab my purse and just as I walk out of my room, I see my brother Kevin walking out of his room. “Kevin , Can I ride with you to the party?” I asked.
“Yeah sure, but we have to pick up Kristen first.“
I told him that was ok and we walked downstairs. My mother Lynn and her boyfriend Joshua were in the kitchen. “Where you 2 going all dressed up?” she asks. “AJ is giving a party, mom.” Kevin explained. We say our goodbyes and we hop in Kevin’s car. He starts it up and we start driving to Kristen’s house. Kevin looked at me from the corner of his eye. “Why didn’t you ride with Nick?” “Because Nick has a girlfriend” I said rolling my eyes. Kevin looked at me shocked, because Nick has never dropped me for anyone. “So Nick likes her?” he asked. “yeah, guess so.” I answered while texting Leighanne that.
“You should of made your move on Nick a long time ago sister!”
“What?” I asked confused.
“Ah, come on! Why are you still pretending? Everybody knew you had a thing for Nick.”
We got to Kristen’s house and Kevin hops out of the car. He runs to Kristen who was standing outside her front door. They start kissing and hugging. “I can drop you guys off at a hotel and go to the party myself If you want too!!” I yelled. They notice me and they start coming to the car. I hop in the back seat so Kristen can sit in the front with my brother. My brother starts his car up and we pull off.

AT THE PARTY

We finally make it to the party and as we go in I saw Nick’s car outside so I knew he was already inside. The party was packed and plenty of people were dancing. While I was rocking to the beat , I felt someone grab my waist. “I have to dance with you at least once today.“ I hear a man voice say. I turn around and I start smiling. “Hay AJ!” I said and gave him a hug. We talked and we ended up dancing. After dancing to 3 songs I was getting tired a bit. I whispered to him that I was going to sit for a minute.I walk away from AJ and I look at all the couch areas and they are people kissing and touching. I turn away from them and I head outside and I see Brian , Leighanne, Howie and Leigh. I run up to them and gave them a hug. We started talking and laughing and for a minute I totally forgot about Nick.

“Well enough talking, I want to get on the dance floor.” Leighanne said while pushing me to the dance floor. “no, I’ll stay here!” I said and sat down on the stairs.
“Hey baby. Need some company?” I hear a man voice asking. I didn't turn around cause I knew who was behind me. “No I don’t need any” I said shaking my head. Nick didn’t listen and sat down beside me anyway. “You know, you’ve been getting mad at me a lot lately.” he said smiling.
“Yeah well you deserve it.”
“How did I deserve it?“ He asked shocked.
“Ah nick, you really need me to tell you?“
“ Ok Ok , I’m sorry!”
I rolled my eyes at him and just ignored him.
“What about I make it up to you” he said with a huge smile.
“How?” I asked curious.
“Well instead of staying at school for lunch, I’ll take you somewhere.”
All of a sudden I remembered something. “Nick did you ask Paris to be your girlfriend?”
“yeah I did.. She said she’ll think about it,” he explained “But anyway, how about the lunch thing?”
“I don’t know Nick. You’ve been canceling a lot on me lately.” And that was true. I didn’t want him to cancel anymore. I was getting sick of that.
“Come on, baby. I said I was sorry. I won’t cancel. “
“Promise?”
“I promise, baby.”