- Text Size +
I’ve been locked in my room all day since the big incident at school.
My brothers Kevin and Howie kept coming to my room door, but I wouldn’t let them in so I guess they finally decided to stop.
I look at my clock trying to see the time thru my tears. My eyes were really watery so It was hard to make out what time it was.
It was 5 pm. I’ve cried for exactly 9 hours! I turn over in my bed holding my pillow. I was wondering why I did something so stupid.
I hear a soft knock on my door. “Leave me alone!” I said in a low voice but loud enough for that person to hear. “Destiny? It’s me Vanessa.”

I get out of my bed and open the door. Vanessa is like my new best friend. I opened the door for Vanessa so she can come in.
I lock my door back and go to my bed and sit on the edge of the bed. I start crying again. Vanessa walks up to me and starts hugging me.
“Don’t cry Destiny.” she comforts me.
“Vanessa what am I suppose to do? I embarrassed myself in front of the whole school” I cry.
“You didn’t embarrass yourself.” I looked at Vanessa and could tell that she was lying.
“Yes I did Vanessa.. And you know it” “Ok you did. But you had a reason.”
“What do mean?“ I ask Vanessa. “Well you’re in love and love makes you do crazy things.” she explains.
“So you’re saying I’m crazy?”
“No that’s not what I ment Destiny.”
I started laughing at Vanessa’s reaction. “Ok, so I’m not crazy, but what I did was.”
Vanessa looks at the ground and nods slowly. “Yes, it kinda was.”
I wipe my tears away and Vanessa just keeps consoling me. We sit quietly until Vanessa breaks the silence.
“So what are you going to do about it?” she ask.
“About what?”
“About the fact that you love Nick.” Vanessa says.
“I’m not going to do anything about it, I have a boyfriend and Nick has a girlfriend. I don’t want to hurt Chris and I don’t want to hurt myself.” I explain.
“Well you should at least talk to Nick”
“And say what?”
Vanessa shrugs her shoulders. “I don’t know, Maybe you won’t have to say anything. Maybe Nick will just know.”
I look at Vanessa and she got me thinking. I mean Nick does know me better than anybody else. Maybe he’ll just know.
“But what if he don’t?” I ask Vanessa just in case.
“Well, you’ll never find out unless you try.”
I had to think about this, but right now I wanted to change the subject.
“Yeah you’re right. So anyway how are things between you and AJ?” I ask my best friend.
I look at Vanessa and she was fully blushing. “Uhm he’s my boyfriend now.” she blushed.
“Oh my god girl ! That’s great. I’m so happy for you.” I jump up and down from happiness. I really am happy for her. They deserve each other.
“Destiny you’ve done a lot for me. Without you I wouldn’t ever had this makeover and I wouldn’t met AJ.” I just smile at her. She looks so happy.
“Destiny I got to go now, but please just call if you need anything.” Vanessa tells me.
I nod and give her a hug before she walks out of my room. I stand in the silence of my room. I knew what I had to do.. I needed to go see Nick.
I put my shoes back on and I grab my mom’s car keys. I run out the house before my brothers could see me and start driving to Nick’s house.