- Text Size +
Lunch Time

I haven’t seen Nick for the past 3 hours because we didn’t have any class together but its lunchtime now and Nick has lunch with me. I walk to the lunch room and I spot my friends all at a table and head over there. "Hi guys!" I said sitting down. "What happend between you and Nick" was the first thing Leighanne asked. I totally forgot how quick information travels in this school. A man voice behind me asked "What happened?" I turn around and saw my brothers Kevin and Howie standing behind me. I lied and told them there was nothing wrong. Brian walked up to me and sat down "I heard you and Nick broke up."
"Brian me and Nick were ..."
he cuts me off and starts laughing "I know you and Nick weren’t a couple. I was just playing, but seriously.. What happend? The whole school is talking about you and Nick 'breaking up’.”
Just then Nick walks in with Paris. He threw his hand in the air to say hi. And the boys said hi back. I watch Nick as he sits down at another table with Paris. I rolled my eyes and couldn't help but feeling jealous. "Girl , I’m going to get some fresh air." I said and walked away.

I walked away from them and made my way out side. I open the door to get outside and I walk to the place where me and Nick always used to sit. I sit down and I pull my legs up and wrap my arms around them and lay my head on my knees even though the sun was all in my face it felt good until someone standing over me blocked it all.
"Whats wrong with you?" I heard a man voice asking. I looked up and saw Nick with a concern expression on his face. I shrugged my shoulders and told him there’s nothing. "Well why did everybody come to me and said I need to check on you than?"
"How would I know? There is nothing wrong with me."
"Uuhhh hummm." Nick mumbled.
"So are you gonna continue to stand or are you gonna sit next to me?" I look at Nick. As he sits down next to me i look at his face. I notice he let his hair on his chin grown.
I’m just now noticing a lot of things about Nick. "So are you going to tell me whats wrong?" Nick asked.
"Nick I’m serious, nothing is wrong.."
"Baby, I’m sorry about the way I did after we uhm almost uhm you know."
"Nick..."
"No let me finish!" he cut me off. "That whole situation put a lot of questions in my head. It made me think." "About what?" I asked.
"Baby do you like me?"
"Ofcourse I like you, Nick. You're my best friend." I explained.
"Noo I mean do you LIKE me .. as in more than just a friend." he blushed.
"Nick, to be honest... I don't know. Seeying you with that girl.. It made me feel weird. It made me think about us and how I didn’t like the fact that you were getting close to her.."

Nick let out a deep breath and put his hands on his face and than started playing with his hands. He always did that whenever he was thinking hard or just nervous
"Baby.. You know I used to like you SO much. I was crazy about you. All I ever wanted was us two to be together, but then I realized you only wanted to be my friend. So I got over you.. It took me a while but I got over you.. And know you wanna confuse me by saying that ? I just find a girl I like.. who I can see myself with. And now you tell me this?”
"So what are you saying? We're not gonna be together?" I asked hoping I was wrong.
"No I mean yes I mean I... I just..."
I smile and stood up "It’s alright Nick. I understand."
Nick stands up too and we stand facing each other quietly until he breaks the silence "I’m uhm I'm going on a date with her tonight."
"Nick!!! We were supposed to go to the movies tonight and see Watchmen!!”
"AWWWWWWW SHIT! I totally forgot... I’m sorry, baby.. But we go to the movies all the time. How about we go another time?"
I shrugged my shoulders and pretend I didn’t care. "So are you taking her to AJ's party tomorrow?"
Nick nodded.
"Uhm.. are you going to ask her to be your girl?"
"She's really funny and sweet and if our date goes well tonight I'll ask her tommorow after the party."
I didn't say anything. I just looked at him. Guess he really didn’t want to be with me