- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Bribe Love

By AngelgirlDorough

© Jan, 2008

 

Disclaimer:  I do not own the BSB or know them particularly but I got to meet Howie while back but other than nothing else.  Do not take any part of this story is mine and only mine and from my imagination.  And yes I won some build up bears and that's where I got the idea of the event.

           

Author's Chapter Notes:

Feedback is well appreciated!

 

 

Chapter 1

            A late afternoon, Howard Dorough was greeted by his partner and friend,  "We landed a major account, with   Angel delight corp.  They want us to help them spand," say Cox with excitement for this new account. "Oh, yea, who are they and why they want us? Howie asks, "Who knows I guess because they have seen our excellent job, don't you agree? Cox say disbelieve of his friend ability and skills. "I guess, ‘You don't know why- the reality and the severity of this new account and the persistence of them to work with us, with me.' Howie thought to him self as he sees his friend leave his office to tight a few lingering minor details of work in order for this to realize. Howie leans back on his chair stare into nothing while thinking about that account.

~Flashback~

A year ago Howie Dorough is having dinner with his beautiful girlfriend Leigh, when he is approach by a tall thin somewhat handsome guy, "Hey, you are Howie Dorough are you?  The guy that sings with the Backstreet Boys," he says and Howie smile apologetic to his companion and turn and with the same smile says, "Yes I am."

"See, well my daughter has the hugest crushes on you and it's her birthday would you say hi to her, she is due any minute, please?" Once again Howie gaze at Leigh and with a sighs she let Howie know, to do what he need to do, "Ok." "Thanks and thank you madam I know I'm intruding but it's my baby girl and..." "It's ok Howie and I are glad to do it," she reply interrupting his explanation in defeat knowing all along she knew the fans are always first and that she had to share him if she expected to be his wife. With everything set the man moves away happily of what he have achieved his goal.

            "Howie you think we have a gateway weekend with my family in NJ?  It's been a while and they are hoping to spend some time with you now that we are engage..."Leigh telling Howie when she is interrupted by the man again telling that she has arrived but instead of Howie saying hi he insisted that Howie carry the birthday cake to her if he didn't mind.  Her face was priceless when she saw him carrying the cake.  After singing happy birthday Howie was invited to sit with them at the table and that's how the connection was made.  Howie receives a call a few weeks later, "Hello Howie." The person spoke thru the phone, "Hello," was Howie's reply waiting to hear from whom he is receiving the call. "Howie, I'm Otrbe Arveri..." Howie is brought back from his memories as his brother comes in talking about the account and the obvious opposition to the matter. Whilst, Howie understood why however, he wanted his brother to understand that no one was a victim and everyone at gain.

            John says trying to put some sense into his little brother, "I don't think you are doing right, accepting that deal.   You're selling yourself for the company benefit.  I thought you had more integrity than that.  Dad, mom, and I taught you better!  What is going on with you?"    "Nothing is going on with me, I thought it better, after Leigh change of hearts," Howie says stubbornly.  "That's no excuse! For what you are doing to that poor young woman," John says scolding.  Well its not, is a fact John!  Plus I get what I want, THE ACCOUNT and a wife..." Howie is cut off by his brother ranting, "Yeah, a wife that is in love and you are not.  You know she is your fan, right?  You are going to hurt her for what-an account.  I just can't believe that He and you can do that to her, to a sweet girl like her," says John loosing hope to save his brother from himself.  "WHAT SWEET GIRL!?!   She knows about the deal and agrees to it, she is not a victim here," fuming mad Howie replies to his brother.  Astonish from what he just heard John asks, "How do you know she is involved?  Was she there when you two struck the deal? Because she has been coming to the DLF and cooperate in  and she seems smitten with you like any other fan and nothing else, or she..."John is cut short by Howie's outburst, "NO, but her dad had told me so, and dropped it.  I'm going Home," with that Howie walks away.  "Howie, Howie, Howard we are not done!" John calls after Howie stunt by his little brother's actions.  Howie reaches his car, getting in he sighs, knowing full well that his brother is right and he is just concern about him.  Meanwhile, he is been asking himself the same questions as he put his car in gear and drives away.

            Meanwhile, someone is very happy about the pending merger and wedding, which he is having his own little celebration. "Finally the merger is going to happen and I'll be rid off my sweet daughter Jacqueline for sure.  I just hope that he, my dear Howard makes her life living hell.  He won't disappoint me, I know he doesn't love her, yes he treats her curtly but there is no love and my naïve daughter does." He says with a smirk on his face and twirls the whiskey in his hand with satisfaction that everything is going according to his plans.  "I love when LOVE is not in the way, you get everything you want," he says with a cackle to no one in his home office.  "My dear daughter, only dad, can give you what you want and the sweet thing is that you want a loveless marriage.  I cannot ask for more," he finishes saying and takes a long gulp of his whiskey, before leaving the office to go bed.

            Couple of days has pass and there is a DLF which Jacqueline goes winning at the auction event, where Jacqueline bid on the builder bears and won them where she is able to take pictures with Howie afterwards.  Which she took full advantage of it and got really close to him that she could even smell his cologne. There Howie begins to make light conversation with Jacqueline.  He even asks her if he can call her Jackie for short where she was delighted. 

            "How many times, have you come to these kinds of events?" Howie asks, to his prey, with an angelic smile while waiting for her reply.  "Many, I think five or six of them", Jacqueline reply a bit shy.  "Wow! But have you been to a DLF Cruise yet?" Howie ask Jacqueline to continue the conversation.  "No, but I don't think so," answer Jacqueline.  Where then Howie ask surprise, "Why?!?"  Which Jacqueline reply, "I just don't," and smile.  At the corner, John watches helplessly and feels sorry for them both.  "You get a lot more, than in this event," says Howie.  "Yeah maybe so, but your attention would be more strain than what is now.  And called me greedy if you like but I want all the attention to myself and in the cruise it would be almost impossible," replies Jacqueline trying to make Howie understand that she really was interested in him.  He just smiles, at the comment and thought to himself, ‘More and more time I spend with her I see how right my brother's words were'. "What other interests Howie Dorough does besides have DLF events and real estates?" She asks but he never had the chance to answer her question because another fan wanted his attention; so, Jacqueline moves away and when he looks back for her she wasn't there.  He sees her walking through the door and she is gone.

            One afternoon at the club John heard a knock which he went to see and was surprise to see Jacqueline standing there with her blue jeans and a t-shirt that says, "I'm here what's your other two whishes?"  He had to smile at that but recover quickly and let her in while welcoming her.

            Right away she is in the club office Jacqueline asks, "John, can I talk to you?"  Where John motion for her to sit and say, "Yes, you can Jackie.  What do you want to talk about?" "Well, I want to know what you think about your brother and me." Jacqueline asks while looking into his face.  "I think I'm not the right person to have this conversation and asking this question..." Jacqueline interrupts him by asking him, "Why?"  "Because, I do not want to hurt you," he answers the best he can without hurting her with the truth.  "What do you mean?" Jacqueline challenges him.  "Don't know..." "Tell me!" Jacqueline demanded.  "I won't, I got to go," he answer while standing up and walking away when he hears her say in a whisper, "I know." 

He turns around and she repeat it again quietly, "I know why your brother is getting married with me. I'm not stupid but you see if I do not get marry my dear old father would get it all, what it's rightfully mine.  He thinks, marry to your brother he can get my money, well I got something else coming for him, he can't. Howie would be the only one to it.  There was little capsule in the testament that he forgot or don't know; which, I can careless either way.  I just want to leave and if that entail marrying your brother, so be it-I will.  See, he was right when he told you that I knew of the deal."  John interrupts her explanation to asks, "How do you ..." "I know, well, I was coming to see Howie when, I over heard both of you arguing about it; but, is not the way he thinks, I knew my dad was going to pull something like that in order to get his hands on my heritance.  However, I never knew that he would be trading me too for the corporation benefits and that your brother would agree.  Apart from that, I can't be too surprise he would do it but I'm very astonish that your brother did.  So like your brother said, we are getting what we want.  But thank you, for your concern and appreciation," with that Jacqueline walks up to him kiss him on the cheek then walks away leaving John shaking his head and feeling more sorry that he has been for them both.

            The wedding day comes and goes and of course there were no honeymoon; as it can be expected.  No love, it was one way street but the couple was contempt with what have transpire.  As the couple had the chance to sit down and talk.  There, honesty shines thru and the reason Jacqueline felt in love with him in the first place was there, sweetness and consideration among other things.

 But that was shadow by Jacqueline's fathers' wrath, upon discovering that he no longer holds the shares of the corporation as Jacqueline's executor.  He goes into Howie's office in rampage and encounter Jacqueline, "You! You knew!" "I knew what," replies Jacqueline walking besides Howie.  "You knew that I no longer would be your conservator in your assets and you too," he says yelling and pointing at Howie, where Howie's only reply was, "Yes we knew," getting the phone and calling security; which they came and drag him out of the premises.  Back in the office, Jacqueline is shaking with fear which Howie dissipate with a bear hug and a promise that he would not let any one harm her, now that she is his wife and friend.

They never saw the person in the shadow or heard the person saying, "This is not over."