- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: This is my third writing challenge that I take upon myself to do for everyone's entrainment only.  Please do not take any part of my story, if you want to become a real writer with original thoughts and ideals that can be an excellent story.

 

Chamuel Candy Shop

 

"If you are good, I let you pick out some candy at the counter," a mysterious man say soon as Brenda lee walks into the store. The only store she finds on her five miles walk long.  "Huh, sorry but can you help me?  My car won't start about five miles back," she tells him in hope he can help her out of her predicament.  However, he only smiles sweetly and repeats again pointing at the counter, "If you're good, I'll let you pick out some candy from the counter."  "Oh, hmmm ok. I am good, I get the candy and then after, can you help me out?"  She asks a bit frustrated by his persistence that is strangely odd to say the least.

 He nods, so she walks toward the candy; all of the sudden, he asks, "Have you been good?"  She thought for a minute or two, ‘Haven't chat with my father for the longest but he was the one that every time I  call  trying to built a relationship with him he ditch me,' blocking the bitter thought she responds, "Yes, I have but being good has cost me heartache and a lot of stress."  "I'll let you pick out candy from the counter because you have been good." He says then continues saying, "Being good doesn't mean that you'll get everything you want but instead what you need."  The sweet man state who no longer looks odd or strange instead give out a feeling of peace. 

She is choosing her candy when the man disappears into the back through a dark curtain and as soon he disappear he re-appear with a small teal green box in hand.  He says, "You are special and for your honesty, I'll give you a bit more than what you need.  Here is my specialty of all my creations and only give out to those chosen ones like you that walk in to my store-‘Chamuel-beloved one candy store'." "Yea, that reminds me, do you have a phone I can use to call for a tow truck because my cell phone die when I needed the most," she says biting into a chewy caramel.  Then comments after making the call, "Everything seems to be against me," "Don't worry, it might seem that way, that everything might be against you but you are not alone.  There always will be someone there to offer you candy from the counter, if you're good.  Just need to be yourself and be strong while remembering that even though you are good, doesn't mean you'll get everything you want; but instead, you'll get what you need."  She hears as she walks out after thanking the kind man, and grabbing his special gift where she went to pay for the candy he waves his hand and say, "You needed my help and I gave you a hand.  You don't need to pay me at all."

Brenda lee walks out the store deep in thought as she reflects on his wisdom words, ‘Yea, well I need some love and to know that someone is looking out for me...,' unexpectedly, a SUV stops just a few feet from her.  Rolling down the dark passenger window, as she got near it, she sees the man of her dream.  His lips are moving saying something but she did not understand for a second as she is still processing the fact that he is there.  "Can you help me; I'm trying to get to the interstate to get to California." He asks where she replies getting out of her daze, "Hmmm, yea, I'm going there too myself but my car die a few miles back."  "Oh, yeah the midnight blue mustang I saw at the side of the road back there," he says.  "Yea that's it," she says a bit somber, "Well have you ask for help yet? He asks her and she replies motion back to the store, "Yea, I'm waiting to arrive."  "Well, we can wait for the help to get here together, if you like and when they fix your car you can take me to the interstate.  By the way I'm Howie." He presents himself getting out of the SUV with a sweet smile stretching his right hand to greet her.  "Brenda Lee, nice to finally meet you," Brenda lee responds to him shaking his hand when she suddenly hears the words of the good man, "Being good doesn't mean you'll get everything you want but instead what you need." 

Brenda lee at that moment realize that she still have the teal green box in her hands.  There she offers to share it with Howie when they sat at the wooden bench saying, "If you are good, I let you taste my candy."  He crock an eyebrow upwards while she blush realizing what she just said where she quickly retorted motion to the box as a deep red huge appear on her rounded cheeks that complements her round face; while, straight onyx long hair that went to midst of her body. However she is not too tall herself just the right height for him, "This delicious candy," there they both laugh while chewing and savoring the delicious heavenly candy.

Brenda lee however also notice, opening the box, the inside the top lit was gold velvet fabric with script lettering that reads, ‘I'm helping you with your spiritual and soul mate relationship,' there she finally understood Chamuel words.

~The End~
Chapter End Notes:
Review is well appreciated as I thrive for it so don't forget :D