- Text Size +
Nick sat alone in his hotel room alone and more bored than he remembered being in a long time. They weren't supposed to leave the hotel since they would be leaving so early in the morning, but he was running out of things to do in the small hotel room. He was glad that he'd had the evening off by after countless hours of video games he had run out of things to occupy his time. He was beginning to get restless.

He wished he could just call and ask Brian to come over to play games, but Brian hated being bothered when Leighanne was on tour with them. He missed his best friend. As much fun as he'd been having with AJ the last few days only made him miss Brian more. He wasn't sure what was going on with his best friend anymore. Actually he wasn't sure what was going on with any of his friends.

Nick sighed frustrated and threw his game controller. There had to be something he could do. He momentarily thought about going to AJ's room, but they hadn't ever talked about the little kissing incident that had happened the other night and Nick wasn't sure what he was supposed to say. They had just shrugged it off like it hadn't ever happened.

Nick wasn't sure how or what he was feeling anymore. He wasn't sure his feelings for AJ but he knew it was getting harder and harder to be around him without wanting to kiss and hug him, among other things.

Nick jumped slightly as there was a knock at the door. He jumped up off the floor and yanked the door open forcefully. He stopped shirt when he saw AJ standing on the other side. He smiled cheekily and held up a bag of Doritos in one hand and a game controller in the other.

"Want some company?" AJ asked cocking his head to one side and peering up at Nick.

A huge smile spread across the blonde's features and he stepped to the side to allow AJ into his hotel room. AJ flopped down on the floor and ripped open he bag of chips. Nick quickly joined AJ on the floor and grabbed chips out of the bag. He was glad to see AJ in an upbeat mood for once instead of being sad all of the time. He picked a game and put it into the playstation and started it up. He laughed as he saw the look of concentration on AJ's face as the other man attempted to beat Nick at a game he'd won a million times.

Nick smiled and looked away trying to keep his mind on the game and not on Nick. Nick scooted a little closer to the older man and leaned into him a little showing him which buttons he needed to push to better play the game. AJ moved his hands into the correct positions and looked up at Nick to see if he was doing it right. He swallowed hard as he saw there was nearly no space between the two men. Nick looked deeply into AJ's eyes and hesitated for a moment before he leaned and took AJ's bottom lip in his own. He kissed AJ softly, tender and loving. AJ sat shocked for a moment before he kissed Nick back. The two men broke apart and stares at each other, chests heaving, emotions running wild. AJ brought his fingers to his lips still feeling Nick's lips on his. Nick pulled back and stared at AJ unprepared for what happened next.

AJ looked at Nick for a quick moment before getting up and fleeing the room. In his haste to return to his own room he ran smack into Brian who had left his room for ice. The bucket and the two men went tumbling to the floor, AJ landing on top of Brian. The two men stared at each other. AJ's eyes grew wide as he realized what had happened.

"Let go of me, let go! Get off me! Leave me alone! God Brian, let me go please!" AJ yelled frantically trying to get up off the floor. Brian's eyes filled with tears and he had to look away. He could clearly see that AJ wasn't going to get over what happened anytime soon. AJ finally managed to get to his feet and stumbled down the hallway to his own room.

Brian got to his feet and collected the ice bucket, trying to stop the tears from falling. Suddenly he wasn't so thirsty anymore. After Brian had retreated to his own room Nick shut his door and leaned against it. Maybe AJ was more messed up than he originally thought. After seeing the two other men in the hallway Nick was convinced that something terrible had happened between the two band mates and what ever it was that happened had completely screwed AJ up.

~*~

AJ collapsed on the hotel room bed trying to calm his racing heart. He felt like a moron. He normally could handle himself better than that. He had completely acted like an idiot. He felt drained. Being that close to Brian took all the energy he had before. His mind was reeling and he couldn't get it to calm down.

He couldn't believe he had run away from Nick. All the younger man had done was tried to make things better for him and he freaked out in the process. He had liked the kiss, enjoyed the kiss. Hell he wanted to do it again, which surprised the hell out of him. He figured there would be no way he could ever be attracted to another man after Brian, but he was beginning to feel more than just a little friendly towards Nick. He wasn't sure if that made him happy, or more upset.

He rolled over so he was lying on his back and got comfortable on the small bed. On one hand Nick didn't have any previous attachments and he couldn't see him being ashamed of them the way Brian had been. Maybe things with Nick could actually work. He wasn't Brian, but then again AJ didn't think he would ever have a love like he felt for Brian for anyone else. But was that fair to Nick? Maybe Nick didn't even want anything. God, what if Nick only wanted him for sex the way Brian had done. Countless questions swirled in AJ's head making sleep impossible. He should have stayed and talked it all out with Nick, but he just couldn't.

He got up and dug around in his duffel bag for the sleeping pills. They were his one solace in life, the one thing he could always count on. He popped to in his mouth and chugged down the rest of his water bottle. Immediately feeling better he stripped down to his boxers and crawled under the covers smacking off the bedside lamp as he went. He tried to still his mind by telling himself he would talk it all out with Nick tomorrow. He lied in the bed for a while longer before blissful sleep overtook him, making him momentarily forget all of his demons.