- Text Size +
Brian carried his bags to his room and was startled to see his hotel room door slightly open. Puzzled he slowly pushed the door open unsure of what he would find on the other side. He stepped into the hotel room peering around trying to figure out why the hell his door was open. His eyes fell upon the bathroom door. The light was on and he could hear someone inside.

His heart jumped in his throat and he glanced around quickly trying to find some type of object to protect himself but all he could find was a hardcover version of the Bible sitting on the desk by the door. He snatched it up in his hands and raised it over his head fully prepared to clobber whoever was on the other side of the bathroom door. The door opened quickly and he yelled as he charged towards the door with the Bible in hand. He ran smack into a hard body and stumbled backwards. He felt the Bible being ripped from his hands and a strong hand on his shoulder. He lifted his head and came face to face with his cousin.

“Kevin, what the fuck?” Brian yelled stepping back and walking into the main part of the suite.

“Don’t what the fuck me. I’ve heard of Bible thumping but that’s taking a little bit too far don’t you think Brian?” Kevin said crossing his arms.

Brian looked at Kevin closely. He looked…happy. “You scared the shit out of me. You weren’t supposed to be here. I find the door partially open and knew someone was in my room. I had no idea it was you. The Bible was the closest thing. I had to protect myself.” Brian said angrily.

“If you were so scared why didn’t you go get one of your body guards?” Kevin asked walking over and sitting beside Brian on the bed.

Brian thought for a moment before blushing. “I didn’t think of that.”

Kevin laughed and laid down across Brian’s bed. Brian followed suit and looked at Kevin closely. “What’s going on Kev?” He asked curiously.

“I’m back baby.” Kevin said breaking out into a wide grin. Brian looked at him carefully.

“Are you fucking serious?” Brian asked excitedly. “How did this happen?”

Kevin laughed, glad that Brian was alright with him coming back after he had left them high and dry when Kristen demanded he come home. “I caught Kristen cheating on me. That clearly violated our pre-nup and any other legal document she could try to throw at me. So I made up one of my own. I took the proof to my lawyer and spilled the whole story to him and he helped me come up with a plan. I had to pay her more than I wanted to but she had to grant me my divorce and if she ever went to the press with any information she would lose everything and be charged with slander. She was quite pissed with herself that she allowed herself to get caught.”

Brian looked at him amazed. He couldn’t believe that Kevin was back. “This is so great Kevin! The others will be thrilled.” He said smiling.

Kevin sighed. “I sure hope so…”Kevin said staring off into space for a moment. Brian hesitated but then decided he had to tell Kevin about Nick and AJ.

“You need to know something though Kev. Things are not always going to be pretty. I think Nick and Alex have something going on.” He said softly not meeting Kevin’s eyes.

Kevin though for a moment before he spoke. “Doesn’t matter to me. I never had him to begin with. I just want to be around him. I missed him so much. “

Brian nodded. “So how and why are you in my room?: Brian asked shoving Kevin’s shoulder gently. Kevin laughed.

“We’re rooming together until we get to the next city. They were not expecting me and there are no more available rooms. So surprise!” Kevin said laughing.

“Well you are one hell of a surprise Kevin.”Brian said smiling at his older cousin.

They were interrupted by the ringing of his cell phone. “Hey Nick. Long time no see.” Brian said sarcastically. They had been off of the bus for less than an hour.

Nick laughed loudly. “Want to join us to get something to eat? D and J are coming too.”
Brian thought about it before looking over at Kevin and smiling softly. “Sure. I’ll meet you down there. And by the way, I have a surprise for everyone.”

They quickly hung up and Brian grabbed his sweater out of his suitcase. Kevin kept staring at himself in the mirror and asking how he looked. Brian laughed and had to practically drag Kevin out of the hotel room. Once they reached the elevators Brian began to get excited. He knew the other guys were going to freak when they saw Kevin there with him. When they arrived to the first floor Brian quickly looked around for a place to stash Kevin until it was time for him to make an entrance.

“I’m not hiding Brian.” Kevin said laughing at Brian’s antics.

“It will be perfect though, please?” Brian pleaded.

Kevin nodded causing Brian to smile like a kid at Christmas. Brian motioned for Kevin to wait while he went to find the rest of the guys in the hotel restaurant. He spotted them quickly off to the side with a mass of body guards at the surrounding tables. Brian smiled and made his way over. Nick laughed loudly at something Howie said and smiled as he saw Brian come up to the table. He was so excited about what the surprise could be. He loved surprises. Brian smiled at the others and took his seat.

“Well, where’s the surprise?” Nick said looking at him curiously.

“I’m here to join you, isn’t that surprise enough?” Brian said teasing his best friend. He knew how impatient Nick could be. Nick glared at him .

“I thought there was a real surprise.” Nick said pouting. AJ laughed at the way Nick was behaving but he had to admit his curiosity had been peaked. He could tell Brian was hiding something. The twinkle behind his beautiful blue eyes was a dead giveaway. AJ hated that he could still read Brian like a book.

“Ok, I give up. There really is a surprise. “Brian said laughing slightly.

Nick yelped in excitement and anticipation. Brian made a motion with his left hand and smiled as the surprise slowly walked to the table. As Nick’s eyes landed on the god of a man in front of him he worried he would pass out. Howie and AJ jumped out of their seats and rushed forward to hug the older man. Brian chuckled as he watch Nick sit stunned.

“You alright Nicky?” Brian asked softly.

Nick opened his mouth to answer but could not make a sound come out. He closed and opened his mouth several times before he finally spoke. Brian watched in amazement. He laid a hand on his best friend’s shoulder for support.

“He’s back for good. This is real Nicky.” Nick sighed and felt his eyes fill with tears as he drank in the man before him.

“Hey Nicky.” Kevin said reaching out a hand to shake. Nick stood up tentatively at first before he sprang forward wrapping his arms tightly around the older man. Kevin buried his face in Nick’s neck inhaling the scent that was purely Nick. He felt Nick shake slightly and rubbed his hand in small circles on the boy’s back to sooth him.

“I missed you, “Nick whispered hoarsely into the embrace trying not to sob like a little girl. Kevin held him tighter. “I missed you too Nicky.”

They stood that way in their own world oblivious to the stares and awkward looks from the other men. They finally pulled apart and joined the others at the table. They quickly fell into an easy conversation with Kevin explaining how he had caught Kristen cheating on him.

AJ sat in amazement as he watched Nick interact with Kevin. Ever since Nick had told him how he felt about the older man AJ couldn’t even imagine it, but right then after being reunited he could see the love and admiration plainly in the younger man's eyes. If the wasn't mistaken however he could see the same thing in Kevin's as well. He made a mental note to watch it and see how Nick acted when they were alone. It felt good. The five of them together again. They needed their fifth member.