- Text Size +
AJ gently shook Brian awake as he pulled up outside of their home in L.A. Brian smiled sleepily as he woke squeezing AJ’s hand gently. Home. They were finally home. They had completed the tour and we’re finally home for some much needed down time. They were finally together and ready to really begin their life together. Baylee was dead asleep in the back seat. He had fallen asleep as soon as they had got on the plane and had stayed that way throughout the night.

AJ got out of the car and helped Brian out as well. He grabbed the car seat and took Brian’s hand, threading their fingers together. “Let’s go inside. We can get the bags tomorrow. It’s been a long night. I think we’re all ready for bed.” AJ said leading his family to the front door.

AJ had secretly hired someone to come and convert one of the spare bedrooms into a nursery for Baylee and had repainted and purchased and new bedroom suit for the master bedroom. He wanted everything to be perfect for when they got home. AJ wanted Brian and Baylee to feel at home here. He smiled he couldn’t believe they were finally here, together. Every day seemed like a dream he never wanted to wake up from.

The boys finally had time off. AJ was more than thrilled that the time off would give them plenty of time to fully move Brian into AJ’s home and allow the three of them to really bond as a family before they finally had to face the world again.

They made their way into the dark house turning on lights as they went. It felt good to be home. He took Brian’s hand and led him upstairs and down the hall. He turned and kissed Brian gently. “I have a surprise for you.” AJ said smiling. Brian’s eyes danced with excitement. “What is it baby?” He asked curiously holding the heavy car seat. AJ turned and opened the door to the nursery flipping on the light switch as he stepped inside. He was amazed at how well it looked. He had only saw pictures but was more than pleased with the outcome. Brian stepped into the room and gasped in surprise. “You didn’t have to do this!” he exclaimed looking all around the room. He couldn’t believe that AJ would do all of this for his son, their son. He smiled at the thought.

He took the sleepy baby out of the car seat and gently placed him in the crib in the center of the room. Brian turned and wrapped his arms around AJ’s waist. He kissed the younger man forcefully trying to convey without words how much this small gesture meant to him. Brian smiled against AJ’s mouth. “I love you.” He said sweetly. AJ smiled back. “I love you too Angel. I have one more surprise.” He said turning and pulling Brian out of the room. He led him down the hallway a little further until they reached the master bedroom. He pushed open the door and pushed Brian inside before turning on the light.

Brian gasped in delight again; having been in AJ’s house numerous times he noted the changes to the room almost immediately. Brian looked at AJ curiously. He couldn’t understand all the changes to the bedroom AJ had designed himself. AJ smiled. “I wanted to be able to start our lives together the right way. I didn’t want to share a bed that I had spent so many nights alone in.”AJ said kissing Brian’s cheek.

He wrapped his arms tightly around Brian’s middle and brought him as close as he could to him. Brian smiled and brought AJ down with him on the side of the bed. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a long envelope. AJ looked at him confused. Brian opened it and took out several pages, smoothing them out before handing them all to AJ. AJ took them carefully, unsure of what they were. He read the papers carefully his eyes lighting up as he went.

“You want me to adopt Baylee?” he asked hoarsely, the tears welling up in his eyes. Brian smiled and cupped his cheek with his hand.

“You’re already his father in every other sense of the word. You’re the only one I would ever imagine being with. If you’re not ready for this I completely understand. I just want you to know that I am ready to take this step. I have loved you for so long and now I can tell you that freely. I would love nothing more than to make you officially part of this family.” Brian said smiling at the younger man.

AJ smiled as well the tears falling freely down his cheeks. ‘I’m ready for this. I just want to make sure that you were sure. I would be honored to be Baylee’s father. I love both of you more than anything and I promise to take care of both of you. You two mean everything to me.” AJ said kissing Brian sweetly, tears shining in both their eyes.

They closed the master bedroom door behind them and collapsed on the bed. Brian laughed as AJ picked up a baby monitor off of the night table. AJ smiled and turned it on. “I didn’t want to freak when we couldn’t hear him. We haven’t slept away from him since he was born.” AJ said softly sitting the monitor down on the table. He snuggled down under the covers with Brian. Brian wrapped himself around him and kissed his cheek. “I can’t believe Kevin flew home with Nick.” Brian said lying his head on AJ’s chest. AJ laughed. “I guess it was bound to happen sometime. I’m really glad their finally happy. They deserve it.”

They quieted down both exhausted from their flight. Brian scooted closer loving being able to lay with AJ in their own bed. “Get your cold feet off of me!” AJ yelped laughing. Brian laughed and kissed AJ’s chest lightly. “We really are going to be great baby. I’m so glad we’re finally together.” Brian said. AJ kissed the top of his head and pulled him as close as possible, both men falling asleep in each other’s arms. “I love you,” Brian whispered moments before he fell asleep causing AJ to smile. “Love you too Angel,” he whispered back. It was amazing what could happen when two people so desperately in love with each other learned to let go.

“I need you to know, that you can let go”


~*The End*~