- Text Size +
“You what?” Brian asked her stunned.

“I really like you. It’s you that I like. I know that you’re my cousin’s best friend but I can’t help how I feel,” she said as she watched him.

“I don’t know what to say,” he told her honestly. Part of him wanted to kiss her but another part told him to tell her that it would never work with her. Those parts were his heart and his head. They were battling each other and he could feel his heart winning. “I like you too but things are complicated.”

“Why?”

“I have a daughter,” he said.

“That doesn’t stop you from going out with some one.”

“Yes it does. It’s not the same for me as it is for you. I can’t go out with some one who Elly hates or who hates Elly,” Brian said sitting down on the wall.

“I don’t hate Elly and she doesn’t hate me. Give me another reason,” she said sitting down beside him and he looked at her.

“AJ. He will kill me if he finds out that I like his little cousin. He’s really protective of you,” Brian explained as Lena took hold of his hand. He felt a weird feeling as her hand touched his.

“Tell me the real reason. You’re scared aren’t you?” she asked, “You think I’m going to leave you heart broken like Rachel.”

At that moment Brian looked up at her again. He couldn’t believe that she knew him so well. He looked her straight in the eyes and leaned closer to her and pressed his lips to hers. He had never felt like this when he had kissed some one before. Even when he had kissed Rachel, it hadn’t felt like this before. She let go of his hand and moved it to his hair. It felt like a lifetime before they finally pulled apart and they smiled at each other.

“We really should go back before AJ wonders what I’ve done to his cousin,” Brian smiled.

“Yep,” she said, her smile reflecting his. They got off the wall and as they were walking back to the house, Brian took hold of her hand. Before they got to the house, he let go which was a good thing because AJ appeared in the doorway.

“Where have you two been?” he asked.

“We just went for a walk,” Claire said quickly.

“Alone?”

“Claire was just trying to cheer me up,” Brian said.

“Why do you have lip stick on your lips?” AJ asked Brian.

“Erm,” Brian stuttered wishing suddenly that the ground would swallow him up. His mind seemed to shut down and he couldn’t think of a reason to tell AJ that would stop him from flying off the handle at him.

“Did you kiss my cousin?” AJ demanded.

“What’s with all the questions? Let’s just go inside,” Claire said trying to get in past AJ to avoid an argument.

“No I want to know what you pair were up too,” AJ said. “Did you have sex with her?”

“No,” Brian said shocked.

“So you just kissed her?” AJ said.

“Well erm,” Brian started.

“You did didn’t you?” AJ asked getting annoyed. Brian nodded his head. “I can’t believe you.”

“AJ we just kissed,” Brian started to say but AJ cut him off.

“So she’s just a kiss to you. Move on and go to the next,” AJ accused.

“No that’s not it, if you would just let me explain,” Brian tried.

“Go on then, explain.”

“I like her and she likes me. We kissed and it meant something to both of us. I ain’t just fooling around with your cousin,” Brian said quietly.

“Yeah right, Brian. No way are you and her getting together so you can screw her and get her pregnant,” AJ said with hatred. “You’ll have her stuck with a brat like you have.”

“Don’t you dare call Elly a brat. I’m not going to get Claire pregnant and even if I did I wouldn’t leave her. I didn’t leave Rachel or Elly. I’m there for Elly all the time. You don’t know anything about me if that’s what you think. I can’t help liking Claire but I’m not sorry that I do.”

He turned to Claire and said,

“I think it’s best if I go,” kissing her softly.

“I’ll speak to you tomorrow,” Claire said as she watched Brian walk away.

“No you won’t,” AJ said.

“You can’t stop me,” Claire said walking into the house.

Claire couldn’t believe what had just happened. She really did like Brian and she couldn’t believe how it felt to kiss him. She had waited so long for that to happen and now it finally had and AJ was ruining it. With AJ acting the way he was, Claire was scared that Brian would change his mind and think that she was too immature to be with. She got into bed dreaming of Brian and hoping that everything was going to work out the way she wanted it too.