- Text Size +
“What is it Princess?” Brian asked as he got up from the couch and walked towards Elly.

“I can’t sleep,” she went straight into Brian’s arms and he lifted her up. “Can I stay with you?”

“Ok, you can stay here till you go to sleep,” he said walking over to the couch and sitting down. Claire wasn’t sure how Elly would react with her being there. She was used to her and Brian being friends but if she had seen the way Brian and Claire had been then she would know there was something going on.

Brian sat down beside Claire and Elly put her head in his lap.

“What are you doing here?” Elly asked Claire.

“I’m here watching a DVD with your daddy,” Claire explained.

“Are you sad?” Elly asked.

“No why do you ask?” Claire asked Elly.

“Daddy was hugging you when I came down,” Elly said looking up at Claire. “I don’t like when people are sad.”

“Me neither,” Claire said.

“My daddy gets sad sometimes,” Elly said and Claire looked at Brian who weakly smiled at her. “He cries when he thinks I’m not there.”

“I thought you were going to sleep,” Brian said changing the subject. Elly put her head back into Brian’s lap. Claire couldn’t help but think about what Elly had said about Brian crying. She knew that he was heart broken when Rachel had left him and that he found it hard sometimes with Elly but she didn’t know how badly he had been hurt by his break up with Rachel. She looked at Brian and saw him watching the DVD. When he realised she was looking at him, he turned to face her.

“What?” he asked.

“Nothing, I was just thinking,” he said.

“What about?”

“Nothing much,” she answered.

“Ok,” he said even though he didn’t believe her. Soon Elly had fallen asleep and Brian lifted her back up to bed. He came back down and sat down with Claire and put his arm around her.

“Is she ok?” Claire asked.

“Yeah out for the count. Hopefully she’ll stay like that for the rest of the night. I don’t fancy being woken up several times tonight,” Brian said and Claire yawned. “Looks like someone else is tired.”

“A little,” Claire said.

“Come on then, let’s get you to bed,” Brian said standing up and pulling on her hands.

“No we can watch the rest of the DVD,” Claire said. She didn’t want to ruin what they had and she was scared that it would change when they went to bed and that Brian wouldn’t want to be as close to her.

“We can watch the rest of it in bed and if you happen to fall asleep, I won’t have to carry you anywhere,” he laughed.

“Ok,” Claire laughed as she followed Brian upstairs. Claire had never been upstairs in Brian’s house. She never had any reason too before. Brian went into Elly’s room to check on her and Claire stood at the doorway. She loved watching him with her. It just showed how caring he really was. He closed the door behind him and took Claire’s hand.

“Are you sure you want me in here with you?” he asked Claire.

“Course I do,” she answered and kissed him.

They went into Brian’s room and Brian handed Claire a T-shirt and a pair of his boxers for her to change into.

“You can change in here or the bathroom,” he said.

“I’ll change in the bathroom,” she said nervously as she turned and left the room.

When Claire came back into the room, she was really quiet and really nervous. She had never shared a bed with a guy before and she didn’t know how to react.

“What’s up baby?” Brian asked when he noticed that Claire was shaking.

“Nothing,” she said quietly.

“Tell me. You’re shaking,” he said taking her hands into his.

“I don’t know what to do,” she said softly.

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve never slept in the same bed as a guy before,” she said softly and suddenly regretting it because she thought that Brian would think that she was stupid.

“Oh baby, it’s ok. I know you aren’t ready for anything to happen so I’ll be good. If you don’t want me in the bed, I’ll even sleep on the floor,” he said giving her a hug.

“I do want you in the bed though. Forget it I’m just being stupid,” she said.

“Come on,” he said and lead her to the bed. They both got in and Claire couldn’t help the butterflies in her stomach. “If your uncomfortable just say ok?”

“Ok,” she said as Brian put his arm around her and she cuddled into his chest. Within a couple of minutes Claire had fallen asleep.

The next morning Claire woke up and Brian was nowhere to be seen. She got up and went in search of him. She could hear his voice in the kitchen.

“So princess what do you for breakfast?” he asked Elly.
“Cereal,” she said. “Where’s Claire?”

“She’s in bed sleeping still,” he answered putting a bowl of cereal in front of Elly.

“Is she going to be my new mommy?” she asked Brian.

“No princess,” Brian answered.

“Why was she here last night?” Elly asked.

“Well she’s a friend of Daddy’s,” Brian explained. Claire choose this moment to walk into the kitchen.

“Hey,” she said and Brian turned round.

“Hey, how did you sleep?” he asked.

“Great,” Claire smiled.

“So what do you want for breakfast?” he asked.

“Whatever you are having,” she said sitting at the table with Elly.

After breakfast, Claire got showered and decided it was time to face going back home.

“Hey baby,” she said leaning over the back of the couch and kissing the top of Brian’s head.

“Hey, you all showered?” he asked looking up at her.

“Yep. So what are you doing today?” she asked him putting her arms around his neck and resting her head on top of his.

“Just taking Elly to the park and doing some shopping,” he said, “what about you?”

“Well I’m going to go and see what AJ has to say and then just do nothing for the rest of the day.”

“You could always come with me and Elly,” he said.

“I’d love to but I’ll have to let you know,” she said. “I better get going.” She kissed him and left.

On the way back, Claire was wondering what AJ was going to say to her when she got home. She really didn’t want to have another argument with AJ about her relationship with Brian.

She walked in the back door to walk straight in to AJ.

“Where have you been all night? Actually don’t answer that. I know you’ve been with Brian having sex,” AJ said harshly.

“Don’t start,” Claire said as she went to go upstairs.

“That’s where you were wasn’t it?” he asked.

“Yes but we didn’t have sex!” Claire said starting to get annoyed.

“I can’t believe he lied to me. He said that he didn’t know where you were!” AJ shouted.

“He didn’t when you went round. I went round after you had been round. What is your problem?” Lena screamed.

“He doesn’t even like you!” AJ screamed.

“That’s where you’re wrong. He loves me!” Claire screamed back.

“What?”

“You heard me. He loves me and I love him too.”