- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm back!!! Finally, I got the vibe back for the sequel!! So, this is what I came up with, let me know what you think. And, if your thirsty for more!!
“She’s coming home, she’s coming home, she’s coming home!” A.J repeated himself, over and, over and over again, prancing all throughout the house, just like a kid anticipating his parent’s arrival, after a long trip. Nothing could bring his sprits down, not today, nothing could. For the thousandth time this day, he checked the green glowing digits on the clock, and it always made him more and more anxious, she was coming home, soon.

Nick on the other hand, was in a much darker mood, he convinced himself that, after she left that, he didn’t a woman, he didn’t need anyone to make him feel the way Leigh-Anna did, he didn’t need to confide in anyone they way he confided to Leigh-Anna, and he didn’t need the brain bending and completely exhausting stress that their relationship put him under four years ago, he didn’t need anybody, not anymore.

The first year was hard without her, he had to get used to the fact that, she wasn’t going to magically pop up anyplace he wanted, unlike his dreams he had dreamt, she wasn’t going to call back, she wasn’t going to e-mail, she wasn’t going to do anything for him, the way she used to. Then it got easier, from time to time the liquor, had completely flushed her out of his mind and the faceless and nameless girls kept piling at his door, soon, after the realization that he and Leigh-Anna could never be again, came to him, he soon found her memory becoming more and more distant.

Then, around late 2003, he stared dating a poison, self-conflicted, air head Paris Hilton, they dated for a while, about seven or eight months, it didn’t bother Nick, all the attention he got with her, was just more credit he got at the clubs, the sex wasn’t all that bad either, but it got old, and the nights she spent three hours in the bathroom, straight, looking at herself in the mirror, just got plain idiotic. So, the night he called her, words were exchanged, and the break up was official, but Paris did mean one thing she said, she screamed over the phone, “You be sorry you broke up with me!” guess what? She meant it, she made up a ludicrous rumour, a rumour stating that he beat her black and blue, a big mess that still wasn’t even half cleaned yet. But he didn’t care, he had money, still had girls lining at the door to spend one night with him, he was still famous and he still had most of the media on his side. Fuck Paris. And fuck everybody else who disagreed with him.

And now he finds himself, here, sitting on the couch, beer firmly in his hand, listening faintly to the chatter was the proceeding all throughout the room, everyone was oozing in excitement and glee, her home coming was much anticipated, he didn’t want to be a part of it, but he was forced, maybe he wanted someone not to see what was on the inside of him? Whatever that was.

Reluctantly, he agreed to coming, he convinced himself he’d stay for only an hour, two tops, absolute maximum time he would stay, if he seen her, he seen her. If he didn’t, oh well.

“Yo Nick?! You okay man?” Howie asked him, swinging his hand in front of his face.

Snapping out of his daze, Nick swapped Howie’s hand away from his face and nodded. “I’m fine, just a little shocked she’s coming home.” He half lied, he knew she would come home, he just thought, she’d come home, so much sooner, for him.

“It’s crazy isn’t it? But it’s time she came home, she belongs here.” Brian cut in, smiling.

Everyone in the room was quiet for a bit, well, there wasn’t many people in there to begin with; A.J took off somewhere upstairs to get something, Gabriella was fixing something in the hallway, Leigh and Leigh-Anne were fixing the food, as gut hurling as it was, they were having a welcome home party for her. Fucking peachy.

Then, they heard the loud horn in the beginning of the driveway, and everyone darted toward the door, everyone but him, his heart pace quickened, for some reason, he didn’t know why, but his feet went to the ground, and he slowly stepped out into the main hallway, everybody was out in the front porch, but he didn’t go there, he stayed in the window, peering out, as everyone crowded around the large and hefty Black SUV, he didn’t see her step out, that make him sign, for a reason, he still wasn’t sure of. Rolling his eyes, giving up on the chance to see her, at least till the crowed herded away from her, he turned around and began walking toward the living room once again.

“Nick?” The familiar little voice made his heart stop, eyes widened, and made him stop completely still, as if cement filled his feet to the floor.

Automatically, he turned around, slowly, taking a deep breath, rolling his eyes before he turned around completely, when he did, and really seen what she now looked like, he was blown out of the water. All, over, again.