- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another update, time to get those reviews up people! :) PS: I hope you know that the sentences in italics are Nick's thoughts! Keep reading!
“Yo Nick! Did you find those batteries yet?!” A.J bellowed from down stairs, making him jump and hit the door slightly, enough to make Leigh-Anna notice something was up. Oh shit!! He quickly took off into A.J’s office, and scattered to find a pair of triple A batteries, he didn’t find any. But he did come across a small rippled sheet of white paper; it seemed to be old, and tattered. He flipped the side over, and Nick’s eyes roamed its contents, he knew this was wrong, but he couldn’t help it. Maybe this could help him find out what he heard only five minutes ago. Scribbled across the sheet, was Leigh-Anna’s e-mail address, an evil smirk crept across his face as he stuffed the paper in his pocket, and quickly exited the office, but not before he ran into her, yet again today.

“Hello? Is someone in there?” Her voice called inside the office. |

Nick rolled his eyes, scoffing lightly to himself. “It’s only me Leigh-Anna, I needed to get batteries for A.J’s remote!” He called out, coming out of the room, closing the door with his arm. He didn’t realize how close her body was to his own, there was only centimetres between them both, Nick looked down at her meltingly, he wondered if she could see the hurt in his eyes. “Hi.”

“Hi, h-how are you?” She stuttered her words, looking lost, as she looked at him with big eyes. Guilt radiated from her body’s energy, now what the hell is going on?

“Pretty good.” He lied. “How about you?”

Leigh-Anna took a deep breath in, she exhaled swiftly. “Not good. Nick, I really, really missed you, and I want to talk about something with you, would you mind meeting me on the back patio in five minutes?” She asked.

What the fuck? Now she’s pleading, but hey, I could get some more out of this! Nick looked at her intently and studied her face. Her expression looked helpless enough, and her pools of blue were threatening to flood. If she cried here tonight, he was going to shoot himself. “Alright, I’ll be there.” And that was all he said, before slithering himself around her, walking down the stairs and into the living room with the boys.

“Find any?” A.J asked, looking at him.

“Not even one. You really need to keep your office stocked Jay, seriously.” He snickered. And don’t forget, you need to keeps the things you don’t want seen, out of sight. After a few minutes of the movie, the film finally ended, Nick clapped his hand against his lap and stood up. “Well bro, if you don’t mind I’m going on your patio for a minute, then I’m going to head home.”

“Alright man, you need any company?” A.J asked, he knew better not to irritate Nick, especially not like this.

“Nah I’m alright, I’ll only be a minute.” He explained, heading out into the hall once again, and walked out into the crisp, midnight air. The breeze made him feel better than he felt all day, it made him forget some things, for the very short time it lasted. Until he came around the corner and seen Leigh-Anna, playing with her fingers on the top of the wooden deck. Wearing a dark red T-shirt with black lettering and a dark pair of jean shorts, the moonlight made her completion look darker, much, much darker. Suits her.

“Hey.” He said quietly, walking onto the top step, standing by her.

“Hey, I’m surprised you came here.” She smiled, turning to her side to face him fully. Her make-up was darker as well, brown lip-gloss, black mascara, brown eyeliner, and dark coloured eye shadow.

“Well, I didn’t really have anything else to do.” He said coldly, the intensity in his voice made Leigh-Anna quiver for a moment, she closed her eyes tightly for another, breathing in deeply.

“Yeah, but I’m really glad you came out.” She smiled again, this one wider and warmer , she tried to take a step to him, attempting to seal the space between them. But Nick took a step back, she looked at him with the widest set of puppy eyes he had ever seen. But then she sighed and raked her fingers through her much darkened hair. “There’s a lot to talk about huh?”

“A lot to talk about?! Leigh-Anna, I haven’t heard from you in four years! Four long god damn years, you left that day with me thinking we had a possible chance at the long distance thing, but nope, I never even got a freaking phone call from you! Fuck yeah we have a lot to talk about!” He exploded, he grabbed her by the arm, gripping her tanned skin tightly, dragging her behind him into his car, opening the door and shoving her inside. He stomped into the divers seat and purred the engine to life.

“Whoa! Where are you two going this time?!” A.J asked, jogging outside.

“Out for a bit. To talk, we’ll be back in a while.” Nick said, before screeching out into the open street, speeding out into the open highway. Leigh-Anna’s face tattooed a number of different emotions at once; fear, anxiety, wonder, blankness. He had no idea why the hell he was doing this, or why he was even with her, but whatever happened inside him, when she said her last sentence, something inside him, deeply planted inside him, kicked into overload, causing this sudden change in attitude toward the girl, now he wanted to find all this out, and what exactly was up her ass for the last four years.

“Nick, where are you taking me?” She asked, trying to keep her voice, still and hard, attempting respectively to keep steady.

“You’ll find out when we get there!” He snapped. “But I promise you, this is not the getaway you think it’s going to be. It’s been four years Leigh-Anna, do you realize what the fuck that’s done to me, and what the hell its cause me to do!”

“I’m sorry Nicky, I really am.” She whispered, head down and looking out the window. Nick sighed longingly and hard, but no matter how hard the memories were to think about, he began to think the same thing over and over.

And you think I’m not sorry, for what I did you, for any chance of us?