- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay guys! Here with another update, let's get those reviews up and coming! Let's really see what's going on into Neanna ville!!
He kept speeding, there was no one on the lone, deserted highway. No one, not even a police car. He knew she’d seen this in movies before, and it always ended badly. Either they’d both die, she’d die, or something very bad would happen. Nick could hear Leigh-Anna’s nails tighten into the leather seats, as the speedometer went from one hundred, to one-twenty. She gulped deeply and Nick could feel her looking at him, just like a helpless little kitten.

“Nick, I-I think you should slow down a little bit!” Leigh-Anna’s nervous voice warned him, he could hear the scrunch of the leather, as her sharp and feline like nails dug into the cars black interior. He chuckled darkly, and applied more pressure to the gas pedal. “Nick, seriously stop it! You have who knows how much alcohol in your system stop it!! You’re scaring me!”

“Shut it, I’m fine!” He snapped at her, making her eyes go wide. Did I really just say that to her?”

He didn’t say a word after that, his eyes were fiery on the road, not caring about the scream that was defiantly present in her eyes, he took a turn, a sharp one, and the tires screeched along the road as Leigh-Anna’s body whirled to the left, her head crashed against his shoulder, the car stopped and then it went quiet. Leigh-Anna eased back into her own seat, breath quivering and very uneven, trembling to the absolute full. Nick watched her at the corner of his eye, her breathing evened out after a few tries, and she was staring at him now, her big, eye lined and darkly shadowed blue eyes were burning on him, tears stinging from the edges. “Nick...” She spoke slowly, “What the hell are you doing? And where are we?”

“You said you wanted to talk, so I took us to a place where we could do so.” He shot back coldly. Signalling to the park they parked to, enough people there for almost midnight. “Maybe now you could tell me just what hell you’ve been up to for the past four years.”

She flinched at his words, her eyes clamped shut again, and her body seemed to remain stone still, like she was waiting for something, or stalling about something. “It’s just...Nick, a lot of stuff has happened, things I can’t take back, no matter how much I try, and no matter how much I want to, I can’t change what happened.” She spoke lowly, whisper like, to keep herself from crying.

“You honestly think you’re the only one who’s done something, they’ve can’t take back. You’re not the only foul player in the game Leigh-Anna.” He hinted to her, hands gripping the leather steering wheel, her head snapped toward him, and first the first time in such a gut-twisting long time, he looked at her back, meaningfully. “I did shit I can’t take back too, shit that can’t be forgiven.” He said, his voice was quiet, emotionless, as he stared out the window into the pitch black night.

That’s when he felt it. Leigh-Anna’s warm touch was on his face again, his heart quickly quickened it’s pace, beating so hard it was a miracle she didn’t hear it. Her eyes were locked into his, the blue warmness he still remembered, was still there. But something was different, he could see a yearning and burning to do something, to tell him something? Her lips edged closer to his own, he wanted to pull back, and storm out of the car, but he stayed in his seat, he sealed the gape, covering his mouth over hers, running his hand into her hair. He should do this, things were so out of whack, it was wrong, he knew she was hiding something, something big. And he was hiding something, something big. But still, in that moment, all of it seemed to be, gone? Things, for that small and everlasting moment, felt right.

“I’ve wanted to do that for a long time.” She said, after the kiss ended.

“So have I.” He admitted, it was his turn to sigh, he put his head on the head rest, and looked at the hood of the inside, of the car. “Leigh-Anna, why are you back here? I don’t mean here, as in Orlando, but here, as in, with me. Why are you showing back into my life after four long years?!”

“I thought that, maybe I could come back, and beg you for forgiveness, for everything I did. I thought it’d be easy to tell you, because I was sure that I was over you, or so I told myself countless times before, but then I saw your face, and seen the hurt, disappointment and anger toward me and what I did, and now, I-I just can’t tell you! Because you’ll hate me forever, and Nick, I can’t have that, I still need you Nick, I love you, I never stopped and I never will.”

Was she having a flash back or something? From the look that was on her face, she looked like all the events that happened, washed over her again, letting her emotions get the better of her, she dashed out of the car, and into the walkway along the park. Nick groaned and locked his car, and walked over to where she collapsed, on one of the benches, half way through the park, her forehead was rested in her hands, breathing in tear filled deep breaths.

I swear, mood wise, I’m worse than that girl. He thought to himself, first, he wanted to kill her, now, he’s trying to comfort her? He was still angry, but now, his temper is flaring down. Why?

“Leigh-Anna, whatever it is, I’m sure it’s not as bad as you’re saying.” Nick tried to sound confident, but something told him, that this was the furthest thing from an exaggeration. “As I said, I did things too, so your blaming yourself for everything.” He softened, elbowing her lightly, trying to get her to come around. Back then, when they were a “secret fling”, whenever Leigh-Anna was upset, it didn’t take much to lighten her spirits, but now? Wow. What exactly happened over those four years? And who did the worse? She, or him?

“What did you do then? What exactly did you do that could be so much worse than this, Nick, I wish I could tell you, I really wish I could, but seeing your face right now, I don’t know, something stops me!” She cried, Nick lifted his arm and took her into his own, and for the first time in a long while, he felt the need to comfort someone. Whatever was going to happen, was about to sneak it’s way to the surface.