- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's a really sudden shift of mood, for Nicky! Hope you all like it!
The jet landed, they knew when the wheels of the plane touched down into the airport, the sound of screeching wheels coming to a stop, filled the room they were sitting in. Once they were all allowed to stand, they unbuckled their belts and some, swiftly stood, some got up rose with hesitance. They started walking toward the staircase, Howie was behind Nick, and his little roommate, right in front of him. Nick sighed and waited for everyone to exit out of the doorway. Slowly, one by one, they did so. A.J, Kevin and Brian were all off the plane when it was their turn to exit. Leigh-Anna stepping off first, in those gigantic five inch heels she always wore, Nick had a feeling nothing good would happen to her if she wore them on a plane.

And he was right.

Leigh-Anna’s heels caught up in one another, and she stumbled, it was like in one of those movies, where everything seemed to be in slow motion when it happened, all heads turned toward her, snapping even, A.J was getting ready to dart up the stairs to try and break the fall, along with Brian and Kevin right behind them. But they wouldn’t get there in time, she was almost down, not yet, Nick swiftly clutched her arm tightly and pulled her, his muscles feeling ten times stronger than they’ve ever felt before. He jolted her toward him and pulled her to her feet, and into his arms. Pressing her tight against his chest. Her quivering breath evening out as time progressed slowly. She was clearly shaken, her arms were shaking like a high voltage wire cut lose, as they snaked around his neck. Nick scooped her up into his arms and carried her down the staircase, while they all watched in utter disbelief. Nick had a lot of time to think about it, the BBQ, the whole week break, when they didn’t even lay eyes on one another and the plane ride here, which was what he needed. He wanted to know, everything, why she left, everything she did, and what she wants to do now. He wanted to get closer to her again, he wanted her all to himself, again. And it was very possible, when they’re finally together again, he could get the god damn secret out of her. He know, that they’d get through it together, right?

Nick carried her into the van, and placed her trembling body into the leather seat, he sealed her into the seat by buckling her seat belt, giving her a reassuring nod when they’re eyes locked into each others, Leigh-Anna eyes were scared, clearly, when she almost fell, it scared her, he couldn’t blame her. Nick pecked her on the forehead, his warm lips remaining on her smooth, silky skin for a long moment. Hesitant, he pulled back and nodded once again, before shutting the door with a little thump. Jogging lightly into the van, he sighed into his seat, and told one of the many divers there, the directions to the hotel, in the little Swedish he knew, and they were off. Leaving the rest of his band mates, with their others, to fend for themselves in the other vans.

“Thank you Nick, if you weren’t there to catch me, I probably would’ve been in pretty rough shape right name.” She roughly chuckled, smiling a gentle and small grin, looking over his way.

“No problem, if I didn’t do that, I wouldn’t be a very good person if I didn’t catch you now would I?” He said, making his way toward her, sitting right next to her, placing his hand and her knee. He looked up at her, her smile was the one he wanted back, warm and care free, the one that made his world feel right at home every time he seen it. She was speechless her assumed, she had to be in shock, he would be too, but he needed this. He needed her back. To heal the open wounds, that only Leigh-Anna knew how to heel. “Just do me one favour?”

“Sure!”

“Take off those Jesus heels before you’re killed!!!” He chuckled looking at the death shoes, she wore black strappy ones today, stilettos, about four and a half inch heel on them. Fucking unbelievable.

She chuckled and smiled directly in his direction. “I think I can do that for a little while.”

Once the van pulled to a stop in front of the hotel, Nick was on his feet automatically. Getting out of the van and coming around the back, opening the door for Leigh-Anna to get out, she unbuckled her belt and took a step outside the van, it was warm out, but the sky was a sickly shade of gray he noticed. She stumbled and almost fell down again, again, Nick sprang and caught her before she was on her feet. Only this time, the way he caught her, was like a dance move, her back was rested on his arm, his other arm wrapped around her lower waist. He couldn’t help it, his eyes roamed her body, it was too easy, she was wearing a pair of dark blue jean shorts on and a skin tight purple tank on. Their faces were inches apart, how he wanted to just lean in a little more and kiss those perfect lips.

Until her hand went to the back of his head, forcing his lips to press against hers. It was a shock to him, send in invigorating shock waving down through his body. It would be stupid to pull back, which is why Nick Carter is genius because he never pulls back! He kissed her back hard, passionately, swinging her to her feet, but his arms will still locked around her. Pulling her tighter to his chest his fingers played with her hair.

Until he heard the wear roar of multiple van engines start to pull into the driveway. He pulled back and groaned, grabbing Leigh-Anna by the hand, dragging her into the hotel elevator very quickly. Her back rested on the wall, while she watched the doors slowly close. Her head turned to her former lover, she smiled and walked toward him, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head against his chest. Nick gently stroked her back, rubbing his hand up and down the small of her back. He checked his watch, seven-twenty it read. She was getting tired he judged, her big blue eyes began to close shut against his chest, her head felt heavy and her breathing lightened from the heavy, exasperated breathing it once was a short while back. “Tired?”

“Yeah, a little bit.” She said once the doors opened and they walked into the middle of their hotel floor. Once they swiped the card, they went into the hotel, it was the typical suite, nice big bathroom, nice lounge room, mini kitchen, but, only one bed? Both of their eyes seemed to be plowed to the bed, how stupid were people these days? They called saying that they were in the room together. Wait a minute?! I bet they thought the firm meant as a couple, god damn shit heads!

“I could get on the couch if you’d like.” Nick said, breaking the thoughtful silence, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Hell no! There’s no way you’re getting on that couch when this bed can fit seven people! We’re sharing buddy, whether you like it or not!” She said, trying to be bold.

Nick smiled, maybe she was coming around? Perfect. Just like he wanted. “It’s not the worst thing that could’ve happened, I’m sure you don’t kick, unless I want you too.” Nick winked.

The brunette laughed and rolled her eyes playfully. Nick sensed that she liked his perverted humour, of course, why wouldn’t she? He wasn’t totally like it in reality, but who said he couldn’t joke? He leaned in and kissed her cheek, Leigh-Anna eyes closed to enjoy the moment while the sweet smile sprang across her face. “I’m going to take a shower, can we talk after?”

She nodded. “Talking sounds like a very good thing to do right now! I’ll see you when you get out. Enjoy your shower.”

The last thing he saw before closing the bathroom door was her smiling face, he turned around and rested against the door. Sighing deeply, he couldn’t believe how quickly he fell back into her again. And how quickly she was falling into him, literally. It amazed him, but he didn’t want it to go away.


He couldn’t wait to finish his shower, for he hoped that everything that needed to be said, would escape their mouths.