- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, I'm sorry I was away for so long, I was on a huge case of writers block, mixed with no inspiration, doesn’t really make a good concoction. Anyways!! I'm back, hopefully for good now, so enjoy!! But just to be aware, the next couple of chapters will be in Leigh-Anna's perspective!!!
Leigh-Anna’ s head spun around so fast it made her feel sick to her stomach, just like, when someone rides that really fast roller coaster too many times they feel like falling over and dying. Well, she felt worse. Did it really just slip out that easily? Well of course it did! If it didn’t, her back wouldn’t be rested against the wall outside their hotel room, with one hell of a black river pouring down her cheeks. The moment was one of those that just dragged on painfully. Until she heard Nick stomp his way toward the door, ever likely to get the whole truth out of her, but she acted on impulse, instead of being the tough girl she wanted to be and face Nick, instead, she just raced into the elevator and pounded her finger against the button that would take her to the main floor.

Leigh-Anna jumped the whole eight miles when she saw the door fling open, the only thing she saw before the doors closed, was Nick’s hurt face, coated the color of anger. Leigh-Anna cringed and felt like screaming till her lungs jumped out of her throat. She’d hurt him so badly, she could see it when she briefly caught his eyes, they were red too. Had he been crying? He was in there a good while before he came out again. Nothing could come out good now, not after this, Nick would find her in a matter of time, a part of her wanted to run away and never look back, a part that wanted to dominate her whole being, but her will wasn’t that weak. She still hoped that Nick would see why she did it once she explained to him, and it’s a pretty safe bet, that tempers will flare beyond belief, a river is going to be cried and everything else will get on the table.

The doors slowly slid open, and she took off once she could squeeze through, something told her to run, Nick was angry, she knew that for sure, and when Nick got angry, who knows what he’d do. She blotted out of the hotel, people looked strangely at the young crying woman running out of the hotel, but she didn’t care. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her, when she finally reached A.J’s car, she opened the door, slid the keys into the ignition and the engine roared to life, with that, she sped off into the night. She didn’t have the sweetest clue where she was going to go, but thankfully, there was a GPS in the car. And luckily, A.J had given her a key to his black Mercedes to use on her own terms, and right now, she couldn’t be more thankful of that fact. She sped down the freeway, her breathing hadn’t even came close to evening out, and she couldn’t stop quickly glancing at the GPS whenever she had the chance, the screen read that there was a park about twenty minutes to her next left, she sharply took the turn and made sure nothing was behind her, no sign of Nick’s car yet. She knew it’d just be a matter of time until he would find her, but the more time he had to himself, maybe the better it would be for the situation.

It’s okay Leigh-Anna, Nick isn’t behind you yet, and hopefully he won’t find you tonight, maybe he stayed in the hotel, went to the bar to try and calm down? Yeah! Let’s go with that, we’ll find somewhere to stay for the night, let him cool down, go back in the morning and try and talk things through. She kept telling herself over and over, she groaned and stopped the car, turning off the engine and walking into the neat and clean barely-lit park. She swiped her hands over her arms fiercely, the night was starting to get more and more chilly. Her tears acting up again, the emotions that she thought she could bury were all coming up from the surface again, Nick would never forgive her, who was she trying to kid? After this, nothing would be the same between them again, not ever. A baby was killed, and in that same moment, Nick’s trust would forever be lost with her. And that had the ability to make her cry even more, no one could love him more than she could, that she realized that summer she left, she would never stop loving Nick, not ever. Nick would never give her a second look again when this was all over. All hope is lost...

Her sobs got more heated when she sat down, she passed a wooden bench half way through the park and almost passed out into it, all the tears she’d buried over the past four years have finally turned on overload and were starting to erupt just like an ultra violet volcano. She curled her legs on the bench and tried to get comfortable. Her palm rested on her chin as she tried to even out her hectic and petrified breathing.

“Leigh-Anna?” A soft male voice called out to her, making her jump from one end of the bench to the other. She whirled around and here comes Brian! Coming down the trail with his dog, Tiny, on the leash. The tiny terrier leaped up into the bench alongside Leigh-Anna and nuzzled into her leg, when Brian jogged over to her side. The southerner got down and one knee and placed a caring and concerned hand on her leg, looking into her eyes, just yearning to help her. “He knows what happened, doesn’t he?”

Leigh-Anna couldn’t even speak her tears were so violent, all she could do was nod, she felt Brian’s arms wrap around her, this was another thing that was going to piss Nick off to no end, she and Brian kept tabs when she left to go to University in Newfoundland, and they grew very, very close. And very fond of each other, Brian was one of her best friends, someone she could tell anything too and not worry about him telling the one person that needed to know the most. And she was thankful for that. It seemed selfish at the time, very, very selfish but the truth couldn’t come out at that time, she needed to tell someone about it, and that’s when she found Brian.

“He’s never going to forgive me for this Brian, I’m a murderer for this!! I deserve to be out of his life for good!” She sobbed, gripping onto his shoulders, crying into the length of his neck. Leigh-Anna felt Brian pick her up and start to walk again, he was carrying her out of the park?! Leigh-Anna felt a hint of warmth when he did this, Brian was one of those rare people in the world who were good as gold, you couldn’t find a better person than Brian. And that’s why Leigh-Anna loved him the way she did, not like the way she loved Nick, but like a close brother and sister. Her arms wrapped around his neck and relaxed in his arms.

“Yes he will Leigh-Anna, Nick’s the type of person to get angry at first, then he’ll calm down in a couple days, then we can talk to him about it, but for the time being, you my sweetie, are staying in my room until Mr. Carter is ready to talk.” Brian announced as he set her down on the ground gently, when they reached the parking lot, but still, one hand was still slipped firmly around her waist, keeping her held upright so she wouldn’t fall backwards, the little terrier jumped into the black Mercedes and Brian carefully put Leigh-Anna in the passenger side of A.J’s car, and jogged over to the drivers end, opening the door and purring the engine, Leigh-Anna was just too drained to even ask Brian what was he doing. She just wanted to get back to the hotel and talk to Nick.