- Text Size +
“Brian befriends her, Howie hates her, AJ dates her, Nick wants her, Kevin loves her”

Chapter 1
Love is unpredictable. Rather, your heart is. It doesn’t understand can’t or won’t, or doesn’t. It loves whom it loves and you’re absolutely powerless to stop it. This is such a story. It’s a roller coaster of emotion. Its many butterflies in my stomach. It’s my love story of loving, losing, and forgiving.

-----
“You want me to go?”

“It’ll be fun.”

“Brian, you’ve only meet me a couple weeks ago. How will the guys feel about me coming to some group thing? They don’t know me.”

“Theresa, don’t worry. It’s only a small together at Howie’s club.”

“I’m an outsider. I wouldn’t feel right.”

“I’m beggin’ now.”

“Why?”

“Because, Resa…”

“You wanna play match maker?”

“No, no, that’s not it. In the last few days, you’ve become a really dear friend. Its LeighAnne’s birthday and I think you would have fun. Sides, she does want you there.” I twisted the phone cord around my finger, wanting to say no. But, Brian was right, he was a friend, one that I’ve grown close to and it would be for LeighAnne. I just had to make an appearance, that’s all.

“Fine, fine, I’ll be there. Just, give me directions.”

-----
I pulled outside of the club, already feeling the bass. Goodness, it had certainly been a long time since I’ve been in one. I put the car in park, wondering if I should just leave. I heard my phone go off and flicked it open, seeing a message from Brian, wondering where I was. I replied back that I was in the parking lot, just about ready to turn tail and run. Within a few moments of that sending, I saw him come of the club and start walking over my car. I got out, closing the door and arming it by the time he made it over.

“Turn tail and run?”

“I don’t know these people.” Brian gave me a quick hug.

“You know me, and LeighAnne, and that’s all that matters. Don’t worry about the rest of the guys. You know how we are.” I rolled my eyes but fell in step with him as he lead me into the club and to the booth. I reached over and gave LeighAnne a hug wishing her a happy birthday.

“I’m glad you made it. I really told Bri here you needed to come.”

“Well, I couldn’t miss this special occasion.”

“I know. The years just creep up on you.” I smiled and felt Brian touch my arm. I turned around, catching sight of the man walking over. I bite my lip, smoothing the dress down over my thighs, not really understanding why. Oh, yeah, nervous habit!

“Theresa, this is AJ. AJ, this is Theresa, a dear friend of ours.” I extended my hand and he captured it in his.

“It’s a pleasure.”

“Same here.” He smiled, but quickly turned his attention to LeighAnne and offered her his birthday wishes. “Want something to drink?” I shivered as his breath raced over my neck. I turned around and smiled.

“A soda is fine.”

“Brian has poor manners, not offering the lady anything to drink.” Brian shrugged and sat down next to LeighAnne. “Come on, if they start talking, you’ll be alone. I couldn’t do that to a lady.” I laughed and walked with him over to the bar. “Brian hasn’t mentioned you before.”

“I’m sorry.” AJ glanced over at me. “Is that a way of saying you want to know more?”

“Maybe. I must admit, I’m interested…” he stopped as he felt someone lay a hand on his shoulder. We both turned, seeing Nick standing there, his eyes a deep blue from the fire burning within.