- Text Size +
Chapter 5
Both Nick and AJ turned to look at Howie, who stated that so strongly. Almost like he had a personal case against her.

“D, where did that come from?”

“No where. Just, forget I said it. But, for real, you two do not need to get involved with the likes of her. She just ain’t worth your time.” He glanced down at his watch and smiled. “Gotta jet, Leigh is making a special dinner. Later.” He quickly left, leaving both of the guys bewildered by his outburst. It was plain to both of them that Howie had some personal issues, but he wasn’t about to claim what they were.

-----
“So, I heard you had a date?” I rolled my eyes as I laid down on my couch.

“Who squealed?”

“Actually, AJ did. I’m happy for you. Alex is a great guy.”

“I’m getting a sense he is. Would it be odd for you if, well, we did hook up?”

“Theresa, why would it?”

“I’m not sure. You know I value your friendship, even thought it was quick.”

“I know. Really, you have nothing to worry about. AJ needs a good girl.” I laughed at that. “You know you are.”

“With a devil inside.”

“Oh, fine, true. But everyone does have that.”

“True indeed. Well, Mr. Brian, I have to get going.”

“Before you do, you have no idea about Howie, do you?” I frowned, not quite understanding Howie. The story goes that he was the ‘Sweet D’ and yet my one meeting did not prove that.

“No, I don’t actually. I have never met him before.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize for him. He is a grown man, you know.” Brian chuckled.

“Yes, I know. I’ll let you go girl, and I’ll talk with you later.”

“Yup. Have a good one Bri.” I hung up my phone when I heard his response. I frowned once more, really thinking about Howie. It almost felt like he knew me, but there was just no way. I knew none of these Backstreet Boys.

-----
“What are you doing?”

“Laying down and reading a book. Why do you ask, Alex?”

“Thought you would allow me to take you to dinner.”

“I know you won’t take no. So, what time?”

“Well, since its Saturday night, how about you be ready in an hour.” My eyes flew to the wall clock hanging in my living room. By the time he got here, it would be pushing 8:30.

“Are you gonna be ready?”

“Haha, very funny. Oh, and wear something nice, yet comfty.”

“Fine, see you than.” I hung up and flew to my bedroom, figuring the clothes would have to wait until after my shower.

-----
58 minutes later, I grabbed my hand bag and opened the door, smiling at Alex.

“You said an hour.”

“Okay, but I really couldn’t wait to see you.”

“You saw me yesterday.” He rolled his yes but quickly placed a quick kiss upon my lips. His eye ran over my sheer blouse, the white tank top underneath, the black skirt and down to the high heals.

“Are you gonna be okay in those?”

“You told me nice.”

“And comfty.”

“They don’t mix in the female language. Alex, where are you taking me?”

“It’s a surprise.” I shook my head as I locked up my apartment and made my way over to the Mercedes. “I, um, we’re double dating.” He opened my door and I glanced in the back seat, groaning mentally.

“Hey Nick.”

“Hey sweetness. This is Jennifer.” I turned to the female by his side and smiled. Shit, this was gonna be a long ass night.