- Text Size +
Chapter 1
“Hey, are you okay?” His fingers wrapped around my chin and lifted up my face so my eyes were meeting his. “Resa?”

“AJ, I’m not ready.”

“It’s only the guys.” Oh yeah, only the guys. These ‘guys’ were his best friends, his brothers. Hell, I was starting to wonder if they were closer than his other family. And I meet Denise. She was shocked at first, really seeing how I looked nothing like his ex’s, but she told AJ after that she totally loved. I was please by that, but that did not prepare me for the rest of the guys. “They will love you. Besides, does it really matter what they say?”

“Don’t lie! You know it does. That’s what scares me!”

“Really.” He squeezed my hand, letting my feelings just swooshed over his head. He opened the door, ushering me in before him. I really didn’t want to be here. At least I should be thankful that it was a small together. I closed my eyes, whispered a silent prayer and stepped into the entry way, hearing the rowdiness coming form the back yard. AJ grabbed my hand as he led me through the house and into the back yard. I glanced around me and saw all the family pictures. There was tons of Brian and his son, but only a couple with Bri’s wife. “Leigh took most of the pics.” I turned and smiled, thanking him. He squeezed my hand as he led me outside. “Let the party begin, AJ is here!” All eyes turned to him and than to me. “Guys, this is my love, Theresa.” A tall blonde stepped up to me and offered me his hand.

“I’m Nick.”

“It’s a pleasure.”

“I’m sorry, but you’re not what I was expecting.” I smiled, already knowing this was the comment of the day.

“A blue eyed, blonde hair looking super model?”

“I’m sorry. That was really shallow of me.”

“Look, don’t sweat it Nick. No, I’m not what anyone is expecting. And that’s good, since I’ve turned AJ around.”

“You have. So, it should be around for Theresa.” I held up my hand, refusing the drink he was about to give.

“No, please.”

“Damn Nick, it’s too early in the day for you. By the way, I’m Kevin. And the man at the grill is Brian.”

“It’s a pleasure. And thank you for inviting me. You have a lovely home, Brian.” Brian quickly glanced over AJ. “What did I say?”

“AJ doesn’t usually date woman who have manners. But, thank you. Leigh did most of the decorating.” I covered my smile as I saw AJ glare at Brian. Talk about turning the Backstreet World upside down.

“Yo, Rok, when is D coming?”

“Oh, called a little while ago, said he was running a tad late. You know him.” AJ rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“I’m sorry, that’s the last member you have to meet. Want anything to drink?”

“Just a coke is fine.”

“With rum?” I glanced over at Nick, and than back to AJ.

“You didn’t tell them?” He pushed his glasses down to cover his eyes, a sure fire sign that he was lying. “Don’t you lie.”

“No.”

“Alex!”

“Tell us what?” I turned to them, running my hand over my face.

“How I met AJ, exactly.”

“No, he’s never told us the story.” I glanced from Kevin, to Brian, and than to AJ. I was pissed! He said he loved me, wanted me to meet his friends, yet he couldn’t tell them the truth. Hell, was he embarrassed? I wasn’t. And in fact, he should be pretty damn grateful. I was the hard core bitch that turned his life around!