- Text Size +
Chapter 10
“Wanna talk?”

“Nope.”

“Wanna dance?”

“Nope.”

“Wanna do anything?” I looked at my best friend of forever and shook my head.

“Nope.” She laughed and threw some popcorn at me.

“Wanna explain what happened?” Now, where the hell did I begin?

“Not really.”

“Hey, I’m up to two words.” I glanced over at her and smiled. “And a smile!”

“Terri, I love you girle, but you’re a dork!”

“It’s been two days chica, and I ain’t seen you this upset.”

“I’m not upset. The asshole can drop dead and I would love it!” With that, I got off the couch and made my way into the kitchen, actually longing for a drink. Crap, the urges I thought were long gone, but one fight, okay, one huge ass fight and I was back to where I started from. I reached on top of the fridge, grabbed his package of cigarettes and opened the sliding glass door to my balcony. I quickly lit up the stick and took a deep drag, although, it sure as hell wasn’t calming me down right now.

“It’s gotta be bad.”

“Why?” I took another hit, not turning to glance at her.

“Because you don’t smoke.” I sighed, finally turning around, not wanting to cry.

“He’s been engaged before. To Samantha, in fact. Terri, he never felt it important enough to tell me. Do you have any idea how much that hurts?” Within moments, Terri was by my side, her arms wrapped around my shoulders, and I just couldn’t hold it in anymore. I let the tears flow. And flow. And flow some more. It felt like twenty minutes had past before she finally pulled away and wiped the remaining tears.

“You love him.”

“I do Terri. What happened with Howie was stupid.” At her look, I sighed. “Okay, it wasn’t, and some part of me will always love D. But he’s married, and he’s moved on. I have AJ and I can’t dare to hurt him.”

“Do you love him like you should?”

“I don’t know right now, but I know I’m willing to try.” This time, it was her turn to sigh.

“I guess you’re at least willing to try. But, before you go on trying, make sure your doing it for the right reasons.”

“I am.”

“Really? You’re doing it because you want to be with AJ, not because you’re first choice is takin?”

“Some times I hate talking to you.”

“Why, because I’m right?”

“No, because your mean. I’m willing to try for AJ’s sake.” Oh, hell, could I have uttered a bigger lie? Wait, wait, wait…I did care for AJ. Let me rephrase that, I did love AJ. At times, he was the cutest, sweetest, lovingest man around. And other times, he was a huge jerk. And that might have a lot to do with him being an only child, and being spoiled. Well, I was the baby of the family, and by my own rights, I was spoiled and both of us always didn’t get our way.

“I love you Resa, you’re my girl, and you always will be. But these boys have been my favorite group since forever! I would hate to kick your ass simply because you break one of their hearts.”

“And it’s okay for them to break mine? Thanks for defending me here.” I glanced down at my cigarette, tossing it over the side, unfinished. It was useless if I didn’t have a drink to go with it.

“Pardon me, but that was a waste.” I quickly turned around, staring at the Devil’s own eyes.