- Text Size +
Chapter 14

“Okay, it’s not that I don’t love you girlie, but two times in less than a week is a bit much.” I glanced over at her and shook my head, throwing my Porsche into 5th gear and speeding down the highway, easily doing 95. “And what’s with the car, we never go out in it.”

“I needed a pick me up. That’s why I’m taking you with me while we go shopping.”

“In this car? You don’t go anywhere in this car.”

“Today I am. We’re shopping, splurging, going to dinner, and a club, on all Alex tonight.”

“Pardon? Cause I know I didn’t hear that right.”

“Yup. About two months ago, he got a joint credit card for us. I believe it’s a 500,000 dollar limit. I intend to come as close as possible.” Terri’s eyes opened wide. With that mere thought, I pushed the car to 110. Terri swallowed the lump that was quickly forming in her throat.

“What did he do?”

“Do? What makes you think he did anything?” I watched as the speedometer read 120 now. I could feel the fear in Terri, and I did feel bad. But AJ was pissing me off, as was Howie. Right now, men in general, just sucked! I slowed the car down a bit, easing it back to the 100 mark. She released a soft sigh. “I’m sorry. I’m just a bit ticked.”

“Oh, wow, I’m thinking you’re lying. But, I can also see we’re not going to be talking while you’re driving. So, we can wait till we’re at the mall.”

-----
I pulled her into a store, oohing over the amazing bracelet that was sitting there.

“Girl, you’re kidding.”

“You don’t want it Terri?”

“I do. I just don’t have the money.”

“Lucky for us that my boyfriend does.” I ushered a sales clerk over and said I wanted two of those bracelets.

“Theresa, no!”

“Shut it. I already told you, we’re going to use this baby up.” I pulled the Gold American Express out of my wallet and laid it on the counter. The sales clerk glanced at the both of us.

“Excuse me, that’s um, roughly twenty thousand dollars.”

“I know. Can you please put it on this?” The lady glanced at the card than nodded her head.

-----
Thirty minutes later, we were both loaded down with bags and made only a small dent on that card. We walked over to the food court, deciding ice cream was sounding pretty damn good.

“You’re gonna spill?” I pushed the ice cream around before I glanced up at her.

“AJ accused me of lying.”

“But you did lie.”

“Yes, okay, I did. It’s just…he keeps pushing the issue and I can’t let him keep on doing it. Things…Terri, I…you know…” I stopped rambling, wiping the tears from my eyes. “I feel like I’m going to kill him if I leave him. I don’t want to leave him, but after the other day with Howie, and admitting I care for him, I know staying in this relationship is going to be hard.”

“Resa, there’s no way you can have Howie. He’s married, and even though you might have something for him, and he might have something for you, he won’t divorce his wife. We both know this. You love AJ; don’t risk hurting that relationship for anything.”

“Even though he can be a jerk?”

“Aren’t all men?”

“I suppose you’re right.”

“So, are we done shopping? Cause my feet are hurting and these bags are killing me.”

“If you wish. Want to go to the club?”

“If you invite a couple of guys along.”

“Terri, I think you’re boyfriend might have a problem if you hit up on my boyfriends friends.”

“Josh is over seas for now.” I shook my head, picked up our bags, and we headed out.

-----
I pulled into a parking space, seeing him sitting on the first step. I grabbed my bags and walked up the stairs, sitting down next to him.

“Hi.”

“Hi Alex.”

“Went to the mall?”

“With Terri. Good therapy.”

“There’s quite a few bags.”

“We had a rather high spending limit.” AJ chuckled and shook his head.

“It was a mistake getting that card, I see.” He stopped, turning slightly to me, his hand grabbing mine. “These past few days of not having you around, of the fighting, it’s killing me darlin’. I’ve missed you so much.”

“AJ, I’ve missed you too. Look, that night, when I said THAT, I didn’t mean anything. You are the person I love. Nothing happened between Howie and I. I’m begging you to believe me.” Alex smiled, leaned over, his hand cupping my cheek.

“I believe you. I know you wouldn’t lie to me. Nor would you hurt me.” With that, his lips brushed mine. After a few seconds, he pulled a way, a smile lingering on his lips.

“Terri wants to hit up a club. Wanna join us?”

“Let me see, leave you to the mercy of other men? I’m there.” I smiled and winked.

“Think you can invite Nick.”

“Doesn’t she have Josh?” I shrugged and made my way into my house, waving as AJ walked down to his car.

-----
“The Porsche again?”

“Oh shut up already, Terri, you know you like it. Sides, if I’m going clubbin’, I have got to look my best.”

“Does AJ know he has a prissy woman on his hands?”

“He knows. Why do you think he got me the car for?” We laughed, pulling into a spot right next to AJ’s car. We got out and I wrapped my arms around AJ’s neck. “Terri is complaining about my car.”

“Thought you all loved it.”

“I do, she doesn’t.”

“Don’t be lying over there Theresa.” We all laughed, and were making our way inside, when I saw Howie and Leigh coming in right behind us, with none other than Samantha in tow. Oh shit, that was not good.