- Text Size +
Chapter 5
I sat down on the stool, watching Alex fool around with his guitar. His body bent slightly over his instrument, his focus only on the few notes that was raging threw his mind. I stood up and stretched, his eyes finally glancing up at me.

“I’m sorry sweetie.”

“Don’t even worry about it baby. I understand what happens when you get a tune, beat, or even words in your head.” He stood up and walked over, his hand cupping my cheek and his lips brushed mine.

“I do believe you’re too good for me.”

“Do you want anything?” I asked as I headed to the door way.

“A soda. By the way, D’s wife is having a party tonight and she invited us.” My hand froze on the door and my eyes closed. Damn it! It was bad enough seeing him the other day, this morning, and than tonight! I really had to get, not just my thoughts, but my feelings in cheek.

-----
I adjusted my top and glanced at AJ who was staring at me.
“What?”

“I don’t recall that top, or skirt. Or even those shoes. Not that you don’t look sexy in them,” he said, his hand grabbing mine and placing a kiss on the back of it.

“Thank you. But I’m already you’re girlfriend, you don’t have to charm me.” He busted out laughing at that, just as Howie opened the door.

“What did I miss?”

“Nothing little man. Nothing at all,” AJ commented as he placed his hand on the small of my back and ushered me in.

“Thanks for the invite Howie.”

“It’s nothing. AJ’s girlfriends are always welcome.” I smiled, feeling so very uneasy as his eyes raked over my attire. I wish I could explain why I wore this outfit, after all, it was the one I wore the night I slept with Howie. Yet, I couldn’t, other than I just had this urge to wear it.

“Leigh, I believe is in the kitchen, so let me introduce you.” With that, he started leading the way.

“I’ll be right be back, baby.” I turned to him, a look of distress in my eyes. “Don’t worry, Leigh will love you. Promise, right back,” he said, his lips brushing my cheek. Howie quickly glanced behind him, frowning as he saw the retreating back.

“Did I miss something?”

“Well, I’m guessin’ so, ‘cause I missed it to.” Howie shrugged as he walked into the kitchen.

“Honey, this is AJ’s girlfriend, Theresa. Theresa, my wife, Leigh.” I held out my hand and Leigh barley touched it.

“You look familiar.”

“I can assure you, I’ve never meet you before.”

“I’m sure of it. AJ’s girlfriend, the one he met in rehab?”

“Leigh!”

“It’s a simple question, D.” I glanced between the two and tried my best to smile.

“That’s me.”

“Explains so much. If you excuse me, I have some other guests.” I nodded my head, feeling the cold shoulder for being what it was.

“I’m sorry.” I held up my hand.

“Don’t explain.”

“She’s not…”

“D, I remember everything that happened that night. Believe me; I don’t need you lying for her, okay?” He nodded his head at that.

“Can I get you anything to drink?”

“I would love a rum and coke, but I’ll take just a coke.”

“Let me get that for you.” I leaned back against the counter as everyone left me. What in the world was I doing? I wiped my hand down my face, more lost and confused than ever. AJ was amazing, okay, with lapses, but damn it all to hell, who did my heart long for? D, of course.

“That was rude of our hosts.” I looked up and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“You left me, Alex.”

“I’m sorry baby, really am. You know how to clear a room here,” he whispered, his hands encircling my waist.

“I have that affect. Leigh left to attend to guests and D went to get a soda.”

“Ah, so I have a few moments to sneak a kiss?” I smirked as his head descended and his lips captured mine. Damn, that boy and those lips! Can we say unfair? I moaned, his body pushing me slightly backward on the counter.

“Pardon me.” We quickly pulled apart and I glanced up, right into the burning depths of Howie’s eyes.