- Text Size +
A/N: Hey, wow thanks so much you guys for the awesome reviews I received from Day Walkers in the last chapter. Well you asked for it and I’m providing. So for all you guys out there who love “Day Walkers”, here now is the continuation of the story. Let’s get ready you guys for the sequel to begin. Now for your enjoyment, here’s the Sequel. Please tell me what ya think of this story and review! Thanks, you guys are great!!!!



“Resurrection”



**~Chapter One- Alive~**



He throws some clothes in the suitcase and folds the remaining shirts into the folds of the side pockets in the black leather suitcase. The memory of what happened almost a week ago haunted him. He remembered that day so clearly, the day the sanctuary burned down before their eyes. He remembered the slayer holding the live wire and he remembered the room full of blood. He knew the plan the women had and he had to get out of the room to safety before a fire would break out. He had stared at Kevin, who desperately grabbed Nick and headed out the hallway to the lobby where Howie and Brian found a trap door hidden beneath the red rug. He watched as the guys shouted to run to the latch before he got hurt but he wanted to finish the job. He had to, or his life and the others will be endangered. He recalled running to Blue as she was kicking the window, before she knew what was happening, he had grabbed her and bit her neck as a piece of glass tore in her sensitive flesh. He knew it would be only a matter of time before she would change. She would change to a vampire though not a Day Walker. Only Harmony has the power to choose who to be a day walker. He felt he had to get the job done right, especially, if “She” found out.



“She” or as she preferred being called- Harmony- was the Queen of the vampires. The one who began the day walkers. The ruler of all the day walkers and vampires alike. They had never seen her before, just stories about how unbelievably powerful Harmony is. He shuddered thinking about the prospective of meeting such a being and he and the others had seen her.



When they all reached underground beneath the burning house, they had escaped through a doorway leading out in the garden. They were all safe, a bit burned but that’s expected from such a situation. He remembered jumping out of the small hole surrounded by grass and flowers. He walked behind the others in pain. His arm was burned a bit, first degree burn, not a big deal, since only his top layer of skin felt some pain.



He stares at his arms now, examining them, looking at the small scars. It was healing nicely. Not bad for surviving from a burning house. He recalls the event of seeing the Queen for the first time. Kevin was in front of the group, leading them away from the burning, exploding mansion, when he suddenly stopped and pointed. All eyes follow where Kevin was pointing and A.J. remembered the look of horror that crossed all their faces. In front of the group stood “Her.” The Queen of Damnation: the Queen of the vampires- Harmony. She stood at a height of five eleven with long straight black hair that cascaded all the way down to her ankles. Her complexion was white, white as the snow, un-humanly white. Her white skin glistened in the moonlight and she stared at them with white eyes. Her pupils in her eyes were white to match the rest of the complexion of her skin. A.J. remembered those eyes, how frightened he got just looking at her eyes. She seemed to see through the guys and can read in their hearts who’s frightened and they all were of her. Her black clothes brought out the unusual color of skin out. She wore a long black flowing dress, which bellowed in the breeze and her red lips sneered at the direction of the men.



Her voice, like the waves crashing onto a shore, spoke boldly to them. A.J. recalled the words she told them all. “You’ve failed me Boys. I’ve never taken failing too kindly. She’s escaped and so has the others. How could you allow this to happen? She wasn’t a difficult slayer to defeat, yet even you dared to let her live.” Her voice pounded in their ears and A.J. recalled watching Kevin shaking in fear comforting the youngest, Nick, in a hug.



Brian spoke nervously staring at the Queen. “My Queen, your highness. We were afraid, we let our human instincts take over and we fled the scene. I’m terribly sorry. I promise not to fail you again. But please, my queen, spare our lives and we can do it right this time.” Brian stated as he dropped to his knees, his blue eyes bright with falling tears as his shook at the sight of Harmony.



She smiled, “I normally don’t give second chances but since you’re all special, I’ll let this go for now. But! Remember, Fail me again and I keep your souls. Forget about living your normal lives and I’ll kill you if you dare to disobey again. I take no pity on mortals and note your part of that. Let this be a warning to you all. I don’t forget and I expect much from you now. Understand?” Her voice breaks the nervous silence surrounding them. The guys all shook their heads and ran back to the hotel where they were staying.



Now A.J. stares at the burn marks down his wrist and grimace thinking his future depends on what happens now.



“A.J.” Howie calls him as he enters the room, distracting A.J. from his thoughts. A.J. jumps a little in surprise and smiles. “Hey buddy are you ok?” Howie asks concern, running his fingers through his short wavy brown hair.



“Na, I was thinkin’ about that chick Harmony.” A.J. whispers quietly, putting some papers in a manila folder.



“Oh, Harmony. I can’t believe we saw her and lived. She’s expecting us to pull this off but I can’t do this.” Howie whispers frighten.



A.J. stares at his friend and smiles softly, “I’m afraid too. I can’t just go out and kill anymore. I do it only to please her. Howie, what if we don’t make it? What if she changes her mind, and damns our souls. D, I can’t stop thinkin’ that something will go wrong.” A.J. states worried.



Howie smiles and pulls his younger ‘brother’ to a friendly hug. “J, don’t think that way. She can’t damn our souls, it won’t be right. We didn’t deserve this punishment. I never asked to kill and be a creature. But she used our body and we can’t fight back. Our souls are in her hands. Let’s hope she doesn’t change her mind, otherwise we’ll be in big trouble. I told you that I’m planning on walking out of this right?” Howie whispers to A.J. hoping the others can’t hear him if any enters the room suddenly.



A.J. shakes his head, “You can’t leave now, not when our lives depend on it. If you leave, she’ll kill you. You heard her, she’s not playing around. She’ll take us out like nothing and it won’t even bother her.” His soft brown eyes open wide, staring at his friend Howie. “Please, don’t dig yourself an early grave by walking away from her. She’ll know.”



Howie gulps and nods his head, “I know, how can I continue living and killing? My life doesn’t belong to me any more. It belongs to Harmony. I don’t see it worth living like this.” He stares at A.J. and tugs on his red windbreaker and pulls on his black jeans.



A.J. takes a deep breath and nods his head, “I know, but our lives are worth the battle. She can’t own something if we don’t allow it to.”



Howie smiles, “You’re right. I guess we should get the stuff loaded on the bus. Talking about our possible future is depressing.”



A.J. laughs, patting Howie’s shoulder, “I thought I was the only one here feeling weird ‘bout this.” A.J. grabs his black suitcase and carries it out the room with them.

~*~



She traces her fingers across the granite words on the tombstone. Her tears wetting her face from the mourning and sudden loss of her friend. She stares at the tombstone where a small angel statue stood on top of it. She managed to put a smile on her face as she remembered how strong Blue made her to be. Her blond locks tied in a ponytail, blow in the wind softly.



“Summer, come on, let’s go.” Ana whispers quietly, her bluish green eyes rimmed with tears. Paige gently places her hand on Summer’s shoulder and gives Summer a small hug.



Her blue grey eyes stare at the slayer sadly, “I don’t know what to say. I can’t imagine what you went through. But we all feel the loss. She was important and I believe she can never be replaced.” Paige states quietly.



Summer looks up at Paige, her wet green eyes showed the pain. She stands up ready to walk away but before that placed a pastel bouquet of flowers on the ground next to Blue’s grave.



Ana whispers sadly as her tears fall freely from her face, “You’ll never be forgotten friend.”



Summer stares at the tombstone one last time and walks away with the other girls.



“Well, what are we gonna go now?” Whispers Paige quietly as she wipes away her tears from her face.



Summer sniffs softly and gulps, “We’re gonna get away.”



“Away? Away, where?” Ana asks softly placing her arm around Summer’s shoulder in comfort.



“Anywhere away from here. I can’t stay here, this place, just everything brings pain and reminds me of Blue and the suffering we all went through.” Summer whispers sadly.



“I know, let’s go and pack, we’ll just go anywhere you want to go. We won’t leave you alone. K?” Ana whispers comforting.



Summer nods her head and leans her head on Ana’s arm crying.



“I think it’s best we leave now, mentally it’s not making us any stronger here.” Paige whispers quietly. And with that the three young women walked away from their friend’s grave with lost hope.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**