- Text Size +
“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Ten- Reservations to Die~**



He stands outside of the hotel against a wall breathing in the chilly air. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. He knew Aaron was safe, it is Howie’s turn to watch the teenager tonight and Brian uses this chance to get some fresh air outside. He hears the wind blowing softly through the trees and puts his arms around his chest taking in the air. He feels the hairs on his arms rise as he feels someone approaching. He pushes away from the wall and stands on the lawn of the hotel, staring around, trying to find the source of his uneasiness. His blue eyes stare at the impending figure. The figure steps out of the darkness and into the streetlight. Brian sees the brown curls down the woman’s back and her soft brown eyes. Her small petite body was wrapped in red halter top and black leather pants. He hears the clicking of her black high boots as she stands in front of him. She smiles, her red gloss lipstick shines in the moonlight.



She grins and fingers the white cotton choker wrapped around her neck. Her peach fingers rub the small oval emerald gem in the center of the choker. The gem glows a brilliant green. Brian stares at the green gem, tempted to pull it off her neck. He knew that within the glowing gem his soul as well as his friends are held in there. His life is in that gem. He remembered how Harmony sucked their souls into that gem, and how horrible it was when she laughed in their faces stating they all belong to her. But he knew that he couldn’t touch that gem, it would kill him. Only the chosen one can reach the gem and release them of their pain. Brian forces a smile as Harmony nears him. Her petite body, Blue’s body, stands close to Brian, facing him.



“Love, you seem so frightened.” Harmony whispers softly, her brown hair tonight blown out straight, hangs down her back. The wind softly blows some of her brown strands across her face, almost innocently. Brian stares at her all white eyes and feels a shiver down his back. She gazes up at the hotel to the floor where Aaron’s room is at.



“Mmmm, interesting. You took what I said seriously. Good! Don’t worry, I’m not here to go after that boy. I just wanted to visit you and see how things are going. It’s temping to know that the slayer is only a few feet away from me in the hotel sleeping her pretty little body away. Really how ironic it is to know I can come and kill her now and she wouldn’t be ready.” Whispers Harmony, caressing Brian’s face with her fingers. He jerks away in disgust from Harmony’s touch and rolls his soft blue eyes.



Brian gulps and knows that somewhere in the hotel, poor Summer is working out, training for the biggest battle in her life.



Harmony breaks his thoughts away as she whispers in his ear. “Precious, come with me now. I’m going hunting. I’m a bit hungry and bored. I figured you can come with me and I’ll show you how to really hunt. I can show you my true powers as I hunt and destroy lives.”



Brian swallows softly as he stares at Harmony’s all white eyes. “Why? Didn’t you torture me enough?” He whispers angrily.



Her brown eyes narrowed in slits as she stares at Brian. “Why do you insist in being such a human at times? I suggest you take this chance to come and learn from a professional. Maybe if you’re lucky you can learn a thing or two.” She whispers in his ear enjoying Brian shiver from her soft breath in his ear.



Brian sighs and nods his head sadly. Anything to get her away from hotel and not risk the lives here, he thinks to himself. He reaches her arm and grabs it softly. “Ok fine, lead the way, my queen.” He whispers almost sounding as if he had given up.



“Mmm, that’s more like it my child. Let’s get ready to have some fun.” Harmony whispers delightfully. Smiling, she holds his hand and pulls him away from the hotel.

~*~



Summer yawns as she steps out of the shower in the hotel room. She just came back from training in the gym and she feels exhausted. She hears Paige and Ana laughing at a joke Becky said. Smiling, Summer wraps a towel around her wet blond locks and throws on a cute yellow pajama pants and matching yellow tank top. She steps out of the room and crosses over to where the girls are laughing about something.



“Hey, what’s so funny? Summer asks, eying the girls through the corner of her sparkling green eyes. Summer takes the towel off her head, and passes the towel through her wet blond tresses.



“Nothing, we were talking about an old TV show we grew up watching, you know the Wonder Years. Well any way there’s a show calls “Reruns” that’s making fun of that show along with some other old shows. It’s funny and Becky here was showing us by acting it out.” Paige states giggling softly, her blond locks tied up in a high ponytail, her brown and red streaks easily showing from it. Her blue grey eyes lit up in delight.



Summer smiles and nods her head, “I remember those shows, wow, I can’t believe a show is making fun of it. Those shows are like our historical T.V. past.” Summer states laughing.



Ana rolls her bluish green eyes and stares at the door, “Shh, I think someone’s at the door.”



Summer looks at the door and waits to hear a knock. Sure enough, a soft knock was heard. Summer stares at the girls and shrugs her shoulders. “Well, answer it, it can’t answer it self you know.” Summer states sweetly, batting her green eyes to the girls.



Paige yawns and heads to the bathroom wearing a light blue oversized t-shirt and small white shorts beneath it. Ana looks at Summer, “Well, hey I ain’t answering it. I just painted my toes and finger nails a cute color. It’ll get messed up.” Ana says quietly, sitting sprawled out, her legs out in front of her. She looks at Becky as she examines her military pajama t-shirt and shorts. Her light blond hair is hanging loose on her broad shoulders.



Becky smiles, “Well, let’s not all rush to answer the door now.” She says sarcastically, her dark brown curls bounces as she jumps up and makes her way to the door, “Since I’m on my way down to work, I’ll get the door for all you excited people.” She states jokily looking at Paige who’s on the bed stretched out lazily, at Ana who yawns tiredly and to Summer who’s sitting on a bright blue bean bag in the corner of the room, filing her nails. Becky rolls her blue eyes and turns the knob to answer the door. There in front of her stood the girl she had visions of. The copper skinned twelve year old stood there, her black curls in a ponytail. The young girl was already Becky’s height and she grins peering into the room. Her brown eyes lit up as she sees Summer and the others. The girl looks at Becky and says a quiet “Hi”



Becky stands there in shock, this is the same girl in her visions. Her mouth hangs open as she stares at the girl before her. She hears Summer’s voice coming from behind her as Becky looks at the girl.



Summer shouts again, “Yoo, hoo, Becky, who is it?” Asks Summer sitting on the bean bag chair, cross legged. Becky moves her mouth but no words could form. Finally after a minute, Summer stands up frustrated, “Becky, what up? Who’s there?” Summer states, approaching the door. Summer gently pushes Becky away from the door and stares at the girl.



A soft smile appears as Summer recognizes who’s at the door. “Well hey you, what are you doing all the way up here in upstate? I thought you lived farther away from here.” Summer asks the girl, Janice.



Janice smiles, “I’m glad you stayed the same sweet one since the day I met you.”



Summer raised her eyed brows and invites the girl in the room. “So, what are you doing up here?” Summer states softly to Janice.



Janice looks around the room in awe and sits down the same bean bag chair Summer was in a few minutes before, looking at Paige and Ana smiling. Summer turns her head to hear Becky stuttering.



“I, I, you know what she’ll say to you is true, I should know, I had a vision on this.” Becky stutters softly.



Summer looks at Becky confused and watches as Becky leaves the room all the while stuttering nervously. The door closes quietly behind her and Summer sits on the carpeted floor near Janice.



Janice’s big brown eyes open wide, “I came for you.” She whispers quietly.



Summer sits there as confusion is written in her face. “Huh? What?” Summer asks.



Janice moves nervously in the seat and stares at Summer, “I’m about to tell you something that I know you won’t believe me.”



Ana looks on in interest as Paige lies on her stomach and raises her head to listen to the conversation from the bed.



Janice takes a deep breath and tell the girls the real deal she came to see them. “See, I came because you’re in danger with Harmony on the loose.”



Ana’s bluish green eyes open wide as Summer asks in surprise, “How do you know about Harmony? You were never informed about her or what your sister did in her job as a watcher.”



Janice looks at her sadly, “Please listen to me Summer, It’s me Blue! I came to tell you that Harmony is using my body. I can’t rest until she leaves my body!” Screams out Janice.



Summer stands up frightened and not believing the girl at all. “What are you talking about? You should go back with your family Janice, I’m sure they’re worried about you, looking for you.” Summer states scared, nervously pointing to the front door.



Janice sighs and hangs her head in defeat. “Look, I can prove to you it’s me. The night Kevin called to state he had Paige captured. Look, you know only I knew that! We cried and hugged each other as I told you I won’t make it out alive from the whole ordeal. The time in the mansion, I was with in the hallway as Kevin, Nick and A.J. went after us. You didn’t want to kill A.J. and I told you I had a plan so you won’ t hurt them. Remember! Don’t you remember when I told you the plan to cut the wire and drop it in the lake of blood forming in the hallway. Come on Summer! Only I could know that! I told you to kill me because I was changing into something I hated so much! You cried and thought I was crazy asking you to do that. But you did. Come on Summer you know only I could know that. It was just me and you in the room and in the hallway. There was no way I could have told my young sister about all this!” Janice cries in confidence.



Summer stands up nervously as she lets the facts sink into her. Suddenly tears form in her green eyes as she drops to her knees. Placing her right hand over her chest in surprise, she cries out, “My God! It’s you Blue! You were the only one there to know that. Oh, God, but this can’t be right! How?” Summer cries out.



“Summer, Harmony is in my body, I had to come back and tell you this. I’m using my sister’s body to tell you this. I’m gonna be with you this whole time. It’s important that I keep an eye out for all your safety.” Janice states calmly.



Paige’s blue grey eyes open wide and her mouth drops open. “This can’t be! No!”



Ana shakes her head sadly, “Oh dear God, how is this possible? Summer saw Blue die, how can you say you’re her?”



“What more prove do I need to give you?” shouts Janice frustrated.



Ana stares in shock and hold backs tears, “Wait if you say who you really are? Do you still hate me for what I did?” Ana asks nervously.



Janice looks at Ana curiously and responds, “No, I forgive you. The past is the past, I can’t do anything to bring my brother back.”



Ana sighs and gets up to hug Janice, then Summer and Paige join in the hug and cried happily. They were all together again, back as a team, and facing Harmony won’t seem like a scary thing after all.

~*~



She walks into the raunchy club, Bounce, with Brian right next to her. The colored lights flash in the air as the dance hall is filled of people dancing. Harmony smiles and looks around at the scenery. Some people were at the bar drinking while others are on the dance floor grinding up against each other, yet still others were drunkenly making out leaning on the walls. Harmony breathes in the smoke, sweat and alcohol that lingers in the air. Brian stands there in disgust as memories of what he did with the guys at a club came back to him. He remembered how they all killed everyone in the club and that made him sick.



“What’s wrong my lil’ Bri bear, are you scared? Don’t worry, you don’t have to do anything. Just stand there and watch my child.” Harmony whispers in his ear just as Luducris’s song, “Move” blasts through the speakers.



Move. Get out the way, get out the way, get out the way. The music started and Harmony stares at Brian excitedly.



She makes her way through the club pushing people away roughly to clear a path for her. She hits the dance floor and stands in the center of it. All eyes are on her as her soft brown eyes change to scary all white eyes. Her fangs emerge as she begins drawing people to her. She starts moving to the music and a crowd of people come close to her, attracted by her presence. Brian watches horrified as Harmony begins slitting people on the wrists as she walks through the crowd of people. The crimson blood drips on the mahogany waxed floor. Brian feels his mouth drop as Harmony continues slitting wrists with her nails. She makes her way all around the club and stands in front of Brian. Smiling, she stares at him.



“Brian, the field is ripe, come and enjoy the treasured blood that’s spilling on the floor. It’ll only ease your hunger and urges.” Harmony states loudly over the music.



Brian shakes his head horrified at what he is witnessing. “No! Stop it! I’m leaving!” Brian shouts nervously, as he stumbles out the exit of the club. He clutches his chest and takes a deep breath. He feels his heart hammering in his chest. “Oh man. I didn’t need to see that.” He whispers to himself as he makes his way back to the hotel. Harmony peeks out the exit of the club and points to him, laughing. Her laughter sending chills down Brian’s back and it seems it follow him all the way back to the hotel. He knew tonight that laughter will ring in his head as he sleeps.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**