- Text Size +
A/N: I’m updating how exciting and wonderful. I hope all you guys are truly enjoying this story so far. Summer, I’m pleased to announce that I figured out a great way to end this story and you’ll be happy with the end results. It won’t end like I hinted before so **smile** Anyways my people here’s the next chapter and enjoy. Drop me a review when done! Thanks so much and until later bye!



“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Eleven- Lost In Darkness~**



His eyes shot open and he bolts upright in the bed. He feels the cold sweat running down his spine and recalls the nightmare he had. This isn’t the first time something like this happened. Sleep has never been an easy task to do since Harmony came into the picture. His heart is banging in his chest as he stumbles to stand up and get off the bed. He runs his fingers down his bare chest which tonight is covered in his sweat. He wipes his sweaty hands on his boxers and takes a deep breath. He quietly walks over to the balcony and stares out into the night. Tonight Howie is watching Aaron and tomorrow will be his turn. A.J. takes a deep breath and rubs his face with his hands. He places his hands on the cold railing of the balcony and stares out into the starless night.



“God, I gotta get away. I can’t stand being here.” A.J. whispers, wetting his lips with the tip of his tongue. His chocolate eyes glaze over the balcony as he tries to rub away the blurriness of sleep from his eyes. He hears his room door creak open and a tall figure enters the room. A.J. keeps his eyes focus at the balcony and the city below it. The figure walks towards the balcony as A.J. talks never turning his back to see the figure.



“Tough night for you too huh?” A.J. asks. The figure nods and says a quiet “Yup” A.J. turns next to him to see his friend leaning on the rail, his eyes lost in his thoughts.



Nick looks at A.J. and shakes his head, “What are we gonna huh? The plan Kevin states, makes it too obvious. I’d doubt Harmony will fall for that.” Nick states quietly as his passes his fingers through his messy blond locks. “Besides Aaron isn’t eager with this whole plan, I don’t think he wants to help us. He’s confused, you know. About me. About us. I guess just about all this mess. I can’t blame him really. I’m surprised he didn’t leave already. Don’t really know why he’s still here? I figured he would have left already.” Nick whispers confused.



A.J. smiles and pats his friend’s shoulder, “Stop worrying already. If you still have issues with him, go talk with him now. You’re bugging me telling me ‘bout how pissed off you are with him. He’s not a little boy, he’ll understand, if not, tell him to get over it!” A.J .states annoyed yet caring.



Nick laughs, pulling on his white t-shirt and boxers, “I’m annoying the hell out of you, ain’t I?”



A.J. nods his head and points to the door, “Go, and next time solve your problems instead of bothering me with it!” A.J. states jokily.



Nick laughs and leaves A.J.’s place but not before throwing a pillow towards A.J’s head. He leaves the room quick to hear A.J. on the other side laughing softly.

~*~



Nick heads over to his brother’s room quietly, going down a flight a stairs to reach Aaron’s place. Knocking on his brother’s door quietly he realizes Aaron must be asleep, he was going to walk away from the door but something in his heart was nagging at him to open the door. Behind the close door of Aaron, something is terribly wrong. Knocking the door, loud this time, he waits to see if anyone will open. After waiting for a minute, Nick frustrated pushes the front door of Aaron’s suite. The door surprisingly is open and Nick enters the room shutting the door quietly behind him. He stares around the suite surrounded in complete darkness.



“Howie, yo D. You awake?” Nick whispers in the silent room. Nick is blinded in the dark and he can not see anything in front or around him. The windows are covered in thick dark colored curtains, blocking out any moonlight from entering. Stumbling over what felt like suitcases, he feels someone’s arm. Pulling on the arm, he uses his hands to guide him to figure out the identity of the person. He recognizes it as Howie as Nick’s fingers touched Howie’s hair. “D, what the hell? I can’t see jack in front of me. Where’s the light in this room?” Nick asks, as his eyes become adjusted with the darkness.



Howie makes no response and Nick feels his heart hammering against his chest. Knowing his friend, he’s probably asleep through all this no matter how loud it gets, Howie known for the ability to sleep through anything, seems to prove that statement right tonight. Nick hits a dresser and reaches around the top shelf for a flashlight. His hand hits something and the object rolls into his hands.



“Yes a flashlight.” Nick whispers softly. Knowing his luck, the flashlight might not even work. He fumbles with the flashlight until he clicks the flashlight on. The soft glow from the flashlight, shines down on the beige carpet. Nick smiles as he moves the flashlight to where Howie is. His heart beats rapidly at the sight of his friend, with sweaty hands he touches Howie’s cheek to see if any movement can be found. His blue eyes trail to Howie’s throat where a rope is hanging off, tied around Howie’s neck. Shaking in fright, he touches Howie’s wrist to see if a pulse can be found. Relief washes over him as a soft pulse was located. Nick passes his hand on Howie’s face to see what other damage is done. He finds none and takes a large deep breath as relief floods his body. Howie looks like someone tried attacking him but he seemed to have gotten knocked out. Other than that, Howie wasn’t physically hurt and the rope around his neck didn’t look like much injury was done.



Nick smiles and looks in the darkness to find where his brother is. The flashlight scrolls the carpet and Nick feels his breathing become quick as the light shone down revealing splotches of blood spread out on the carpet. It wasn’t a lot of blood but enough to cause a fright in him. He follows the trail of dry spots of blood across the carpet until he reaches a small body shaking violently, curled in a fetal position.



“Aaron, Aaron! Oh, God are you ok?” Nick whispers loudly, reaching his brother’s body. Nick picks up the teen and wraps his arms around the shaking Aaron. He shines the flashlight on his brother’s face and feels his mouth drop open in shock. Aaron’s face was ashen and pale and the brown eyes are dull and in pain. But that wasn’t what frightened Nick, it was the fact that Aaron’s neck was soaking in blood. “Oh, God, Bro, hold on!” Nick whispers in fright as he flashes the light on the hotel phone on the night stand. He reaches with shaking hands and grabs the phone. He dials the emergency number and the talks with Becky.



“He’s still breathing right?” Becky calmly states.



“Yeah, yes, please hurry, he needs medical attention now!” Nick cries out.



Becky states the ambulance will arrive in a few minutes and she’s coming up with a medical kit to see if she can help out. He hangs up the phone and takes a shaky breath. He feels tears trying to edge their way to his eyes, but he fights it as he cradles his brother.



In a few minutes, Aaron’s door opened and in came Becky followed by a paramedic and a security guard. Becky flips a light switch hidden behind a dresser. The bright light infiltrates the room as Nick adjusted to the sudden bright light. Becky rushes over to Nick as the paramedic takes Aaron to check for his pulse.



“He’s alive.” The paramedic states as he places Aaron on a wheelchair. “I’m gonna take him downstairs to the clinic in this hotel and if he needs serious medical attention we’ll take him to the hospital. Ok.”



Nick nods shaking as the paramedic wheels away Aaron out the door. Becky looks at Howie in frighten. “Oh man, someone came in here to hurt them?” Becky asks scared. Her blue eyes staring at the slouched figure on the chair.



Nick nods his head, “By the looks of it. I don’t know what happened here. I found my brother like that in the corner of the room, bleeding from his neck. Howie was like that when I came in.” His voice cracking sadly as he thinks about the suffering.



“Who could have done something like this? We have the best security here and yet someone broke into this room. I don’t understand?” Becky whispers sadly as she takes the rope off Howie’s neck to examine him farther.



“Harmony, who else? This looks like her work.” Nick states with anger in his voice. “Becky did you see this in your visions?” Nick whispers sadly.



Becky shakes her head, “Unfortunately no. You know if I see this I would have been here and told you before any of this happened.” She whispers.



Nick nods his head and looks at Howie. “He’s ok. He’s breathing. I think someone tried to knock him out before getting to Aaron.” He whispers softly hugging himself for comfort.



Becky’s dark brown curls are pulled up in a messy bun as she stares at the crime scene before her. “I’m going to call the police to investigate this, k. Just try to get some sleep. This looks like it’s gonna be a long night.” Becky states quietly comforting Nick. She picks up the hotel phone and dials for the police to examine the room. “I’ll be here for a while, you can chill here then head back to your room, I won’t let the police question you too long, k.”



Nick nods his head and slides down the wall, sitting down on the carpet almost ready to scream in anger. He closes his eyes and waits for the police to arrive, he knew he wouldn’t get sleep for a long while now.

~*~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**