- Text Size +
Anyways my people, here is the next chapter to the story. Enjoy and drop me a review when done. Thanks!!



“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Twelve- Complications~**



He opens his eyes tiredly as the bright morning sunlight invades his vision. “Ugh, damn sun!” Mumbles A.J. aggravated, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. The sunlight splashes through the glass panes and the sliding balcony door. He struggles to sit up and notices his friend Brian sitting on the edge of the bed. He looks up to see Summer appearing from A.J.’s closet , staring down at him.



A.J. looks at both of them and smiles, “Why, I feel so violated with you two staring at me while I was resting my head on this pillow.” A.J. states jokily.



Brian and Summer looks at A.J. seriously as Summer throws a black t-shirt and worn out jeans on top of A.J.



“Get dressed quickly, we got a lot to discuss.” Whispers Summer seriously. Brian moves and stands near A.J.’s bed as A.J. tiredly gets up from the bed, mumbling some form of profanity.



“I get woken up by the sunlight hitting my face and now you’re all rushing me to get dressed. Man, when did the meaning of the word privacy turned to this.” A.J. grumbles, running his hand through his black hair tinted in red.



Brian looks at A.J. and responds quickly, “Something happened last night with Howie and Aaron. Nick saw them last night and it wasn’t good what he saw.”



A.J. drops his jeans and feels his heart pick up pace. He takes a deep breath, and quickly whispers, “Wh, what exactly did Nicky see?”



Summer looks away from A.J. as he continues dressing and softly answers his question. “We’ll explain to you in a minute. I just don’t know how’re you’re gonna respond to it when we tell ya.” States Summer nervously.



A.J. didn’t like where the conversation is going. “Ok, tell me. I can’t take this suspense.” Mutters A.J. as he zips up his jeans and steps in front of Summer with concern and worry on his face.



Brian sighs, “K, this is the deal, before we go to eat and tell ya, do us all a favor?”



A.J. shrugs his shoulders, “Fine, what’s the favor?” He states seriously.



Brian smiles, his bright blue eyes shining like a naughty child, “For my sake and Summer’s, go brush your teeth.”



A.J. stands there in shock as Summer and Brian laugh playfully. A.J. rolls his eyes and grumbles, walking to the bathroom. “First you wake me up, then you diss me. That’ s foul guys, real foul!”



After fifteen minutes, A.J. steps out of the bathroom refreshed. “Ok, now that I’m awaken from my beauty sleep: what about Howie and Nick that I should freak out about?” A.J. states, trying to joke to comfort his uneasiness.



Brian’s eyes change a darker blue as concern and worry crosses his face. Brian, who’s wearing a red jacket over his black t-shirt, stands nervously in his beige Khakis. “A.J. last night after Nick visited you, he went to see Aaron. When he got to Aaron’s room, the place was in total darkness. Nick found Howie knocked out with a rope tied around his neck. Howie is fine, the attacker didn’t choke him with the rope. Aaron however is a different story…”



“Uh, uh, NO! Aaron’s fine right!? I mean he isn’t hurt in any way right? RIGHT?” Shouts A.J. scared, his chocolate eyes wide open.



Summer steps up to A.J. and puts her hands on his shoulder. She’s wearing a white thin strap cotton top over dark blue hip huggers. Her short blond locks are loose on her shoulders as she licks her cinnamon colored lips. Her green eyes hinted in gold specks, as the hazy sunlight shows the scattered freckles on her face. “Aaron was found with blood on his neck, the thing is, that’s not his blood. It looks like someone’s blood was splashed on him for some reason. Aaron is in shock. He’s not speaking, let alone not really moving around too much physically.”



Brian whispers nervously, “Aaron’s ok, just not all there if you know what I mean.”



A.J. drew a confused face and stared at his friend, “So you’re saying he’s lost it, like gone crazy.” A.J. states quietly not wanting to believe this.



Summer nods her head, “Yup, by the looks of it. Whatever Harmony did to him, he’s not speaking about it. I kinda wish he’ll say something.” Summer whispers softly.



A.J. draws in a sharp intake of air and stares at Brian, “Ok, what about Howie?”



Brian smiles, “D’s fine, just resting now. You can talk with him a little later, I think he needs it.”



“So Howie’s not hurt right?” A.J. asks quietly.



Summer nods her head in reassurance, “Yup, he’s fine. We’re gonna go talk to Nick, see how everything is going with him. He’s taken all this pretty hard, I think we should all be there to support him. Harmony is out to destroy and she’s breaking Nick down pretty good.” Summer states sadly.



A.J. nods his head and angrily swears out loud, grabbing his leather jacket on the way out the room. A.J. takes a deep breath in relief to know Howie is fine and follows Brian and Summer out the door. Maybe Nick can explain in more detail what happened last night.

~*~



Nick stares at the cop putting away his scribbling something down on his notepad. “Thank you Mr. Carter for answering some of the questions. I know it’s difficult for you. I promise to find the cause of all this blood shed.”



“Sir, thanks but we’ve already hired someone to investigate this situation, someone who has valuable information within this case.” Ana states, her bluish green eyes narrow in annoyance.



The man tips his police cap towards both of them and head out the door, “Well, I think this is something we should look into as security reasons, Miss.” The cop states, his grey eyes eying Ana and Nick.



“It’s ok sir, I understand you’re just doing your job to help the safety of all of us. But I think my friend has a point, you’ll just be overworking yourself. Besides we’re paying a private investigator who’s already looking into this problem. But thanks so much.” Paige responds softly, smiling at the cop and leading him to the door. Paige tugs nervously on her black ruffled shirt and tugs on her beige velvet skirt, her blonde hair tied up in a high ponytail and the brown and red streaks reflects in the sunlight filtrating the dim lit room.



“Private investigator?” Ana states laughing. “Is that what you just thought of?”



“Well, um, yeah, I figured anything to keep the cop at bay.” Paige states feeling a little nervous.



Nick smiles, “It’s ok, Paige, you did fine. The cops can’t get involved in this. The less people know about this, the more we can the real culprit- Harmony. Besides, the cops will die if they just get in Harmony’s way.”



Ana smiles and pats Paige’s shoulder, “Good job, good job. Because you did so will, it’ll be my treat for breakfast.”



Nick smiles, “That’s ok, I’m not much for eating right now.”



Ana smiles, “I didn’t say I was gonna treat you. I said Paige!”



Nick laughs and shakes his head in glee. After a few minutes, Nick stands looking at the blood stains and sorrow struck him. He walks over to a table and violently smashes a glass vase on the mahogany planks of the walls. “Dammit, Aahhh!! This is bull! I hate Harmony, I wanna rip her head off if I can!” screams out a frustrated Nick. Suddenly the hotel phone rings in the room and Ana rushes over to answer it while Paige tries to calm down Nick.



Hanging up the phone, Ana wearing a green laced peasant top and black hip huggers, her light blond hair in one braid down her shoulders, stares at Nick. “K, that’s Becky with Aaron, she said you can come see him now. He’s asking for his brother. Maybe it can help Aaron talk about the problems last night.”



Nick sighs and trudges out the room. “Wait, hold up! Nick, you’re not leaving wearing that right?” Paige asks curiously.



Nick shrugs his shoulders, “Who cares, at least I’m not naked.” He states annoyed as he glances at his white t-shirt and blue boxers.



“It’s just that there are fans down there and the media will get the scoop on this if they see you walking around like that.” Ana states as she throws in his direction a pair of dark denim jeans and a red jersey.



Nick catches the outfit and heads to the bathroom to put on the clothes before seeing his brother.

~*~



His deep brown open to a bright white blinding light. He tries to sit up and realizes he’s on a doctor’s operating table. His vision is unclear and blurry. He sits on the table as a dizzy spell passes him. He tries recalling how he got here, but he couldn’t remember. Then it all came back. Last night was the night he truly believed he almost died.



He remembered seeing the same petite woman that came at him before. She just walked into Aaron’s room last night and attacked Howie. Howie was caught off guard and was knocked almost unconscious. He remembered how Howie was slammed on the floor by the small woman and tried fighting her off of him. She whispers, her voice like a strong wind slamming into a window, sends chills down Aaron’s back. She places a rope around Howie neck as he tries to tackle her. She was too fast and knocked him out. She was strong, she lifted Howie in her arms and places him a seat. His body slouches over, as he was knocked out. Aaron remembered during the fighting occurring between her and Howie, he tried calling for help out the window and on the phone. But nothing was working. The windows were mysteriously locked and the hotel phone wasn’t cooperating with Aaron. He remembered looking around the room to find a way out but the only way out is the front door which was blocked by the young woman. He remembered how scared he was, chills running through his body as his heart slams in his chest. He remembered rushing to the bathroom to find his cell and hears a voice, her voice.



“Hey Aaron, are you looking for this?” The woman states, her all white eyes and fangs gleam in the moonlight that had managed to seep through the curtains. She held up his phone in the darkness of the room and Aaron truly believed he was about to die. She approached him and laughed all the while enjoying the horrid look that crossed Aaron’s face. Some how by some miracle he recalled Howie throwing a sharp blade towards Harmony’s neck before Howie went completely unconscious. Her neck gets cut by the blade and her blood splashes on Aaron’s neck. He remembered how she pulled out the knife from her neck, a spray of crimson liquid poured on Aaron as he screamed horrified about all this. He heard her mutter something under her breath and saw her run out the room quickly.



Aaron recalls as he glances as Howie who’s knock out completely from Harmony. Howie saved him and for that he was glad he’s able to live another day because of him. He recalled as he curled on the floor to comfort himself and cried, cried because he thought he was gonna die and cried because he’s so miserable. He remained curled like that for a while, shaking in terror and letting his face stain in his tears. Then he remembered his brother calling out, finding him like that, screaming and shaking at the sight of his younger brother in pain. He remembered Nick holding him and comforting him, shaking in fear, whispering that things will be ok. But somehow Aaron believed he can never be ok after what he been through.



His thoughts are disrupted as Nick entered the small doctor’s office. Nick who seemed as if he received no sleep last night walks over to his brother. The blue eyes bore into the brown ones.



Shaking, Nick passes his fingers through Aaron’s blond locks. “Hey, lil’ bro, how are you?” Nick’s voice cracks as he stares at the pain Aaron has on his face.



Aaron gulps and stares at his brother. Aaron feels the cool wet tears sliding quietly down his pale face as his lower lip trembles. Aaron simply looks away and doesn’t respond to the question.



“It’s ok, you don’t have to say anything. It’s my fault all of this is happening. Harmony is using you to get to me. And she’s doing a great job. Aaron you know I would do anything for you, I promise to watch over you. And if I have to die to save you then I’ll do it. You know that.” Nick whispers softly, the tears sliding out of his bright blue eyes as he embraces his younger sibling. Aaron hugs his brother and lets the pent up tears come crashing down. All his pain and anguish released as he held onto his older brother. He looks at his brother and wished he can be as strong as him in handling such a situation, and maybe one day he can. But as for now, he’ll let Nick do that, because that’s what big brothers are for.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**