- Text Size +
“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Thirteen- No Friend Of Mine’s~**



He darts his green eyes around the backyard of the hotel as the young girl, Janice comes running out the porch.



“Kevin, something’s up with Aaron. There was an attack last night and it seems Harmony was involved.” Squeaks out Janice, her big brown eyes open wide, her dark brown curls tumbling down on her shoulders in a braid. She pulls on her blue fluffy cotton long sleeved sweater and stares at her black loose jeans. Her copper skin shines in the moonlight as she stares at Kevin nervously.



Kevin gulps and heads back into the hotel following the young twelve year old. He runs into the lobby to see A.J., Brian, Summer, Ana, Becky, Nick, Aaron and Paige inside the small medical room.



“What’s going on?” Kevin asks, his voice shaking a bit as he feels nervous.



Summer smiles and points to Nick and Aaron sitting on the medical table, Nick consoling his younger brother. Nick explains the problem and the incident that occurred last night.



Kevin could feel his mouth drop as Nick goes on in detail about the problem. “Damn! It’s Harmony! She did this. We have to be on guard, she wants to have her fun especially since she knows Summer’s here.” Kevin states as he runs his fingers through his black raven spikes. He pulls on his long leather jacket and stares at his black button down blouse beneath the jacket. He places his hands on his dark blue denim jeans and sighs.



“Harmony, figured.” Mutters Janice as she walks over to Aaron and stares at him smiling. “She didn’t hurt you, did she?” Janice asks quietly.



Aaron shakes his head and stares at her with wet brown eyes. “Are you Blue?” He asks softly.



Janice nods her head, “Yeah, sort of. I don’t look like this, just using my sister’s body for now.” She states smiling.



Aaron confused, stares at the others to explain the strange situation. “What did she mean by that?” He asks, staring at Brian.



Brian laughs, “Long story AC, I’ll tell ya later.”



Aaron stares at the others and attempt standing up but a dizzy spell took over. A.J. and Nick each grab Aaron’s arm to steady the boy.



“So I guess the plan is off for today huh?” Ana asks, her bluish green eyes question the others.



Kevin nods his head, “Yeah, until Aaron is ready we can’t do anything. I suggest Summer starts training now before Harmony appears. And Ana I’m gonna need you and Janice to work on research with me and Brian. Nick, you stay with your brother, I think you should chill after all you’ve been through. A.J. I want you and Becky to check on Howie and then go with Paige to train Summer. Harmony’s no joke and Summer has to ready no matter the deal.” Kevin states seriously, eyeing Ana who has a cross look on her face.



As Kevin stated that, Summer noted that A.J. winked at her when Kevin mentions to train her. Summer smiles and hold in her laughter as Kevin continues in a serious tone.



“Kev, today is girls night out. That sucks that we gotta work, can’t we do this another day.” Ana states, her light blond braided hair swings over her shoulders as she pouts to Kevin.



Kevin sighs, “You’re kidding me right? You know all your girls are expensive to be staying in this hotel. And I have to be the one paying for you girls. But… I think it’s imperative we don’t slack off. Remember Harmony is around here and you never know what she got planned for us. K.” Kevin states calmly, his bright green eyes on Aaron who is now able to stand without help.



Paige’s blue grey eyes lit up as she whispers, “Well, if Kevin could put on one of his long skirts, he would fit in with the girls day we had planned for today.”



Suddenly laughter erupts in the room as everyone begins to snicker in enjoyment at Paige’s small joke.



“Ok, Ok, ha, ha! Good one Paige, you got me!” Kevin states smiling as the medical room empties out: One after another each person files out the room with a grin on their face. At least the anxiety left for a little while but it won’t take long until destruction begins again and lives are torn apart again.

~*~



He opens his brown eyes and stares around the room as the front door to his hotel suite is opened. He looks at his red sweater and blue jeans he’s wearing. Groggily eyeing the door, he sees A.J. and Becky sliding into the room. Howie feels his head banging as a large headache appears.



“Ugh! God it hurts.” Howie moans in pain as he clutches his head tenderly. A.J. rushes over to his friend’s side and stares at Howie.



“Yo, D, you ok? God I wish I was here last night. I can’t believe she did that to you, I would have never let her touch you.” A.J .whispers as he hands Howie an aspirin. “Take this, I hope it helps.”



Howie takes the pill and swallows it, leaning his head back on the soft pillow. “Man A.J. Are you sure Summer can take her? I mean she hasn’t seen Harmony yet. I’m afraid when she does, she’ll let her emotions take over.” Howie whispers softly.



Becky sighs deeply, her curly dark brown hair tied up in a ponytail, she pulls on her hotel uniform. Her blue eyes gaze over Howie and smiles softly, her soft pale skin glowed in the dim hotel room light.



A.J. sighs, “That’s what I’m afraid of. But we can’t think that way, Look, I came to see how’re you’re doing? I gotta go downstairs and help Paige train with Summer. But I’ll be back up to see how’re you’re doing. Just take it easy and sleep. K, buddy.”



Howie nods and smiles and they do their handshake. “You guys, can we really get our lives back?” Howie asks quietly.



A.J. nods his head and closes the door leaving the room, “Yup, I really think so.” A.J. states quietly.



“I’ll stay here and watch Howie in case of anything, k.” Becky whispers softly to A.J.



A.J. nods his head and smiles.



Howie yawns and closes his eyes, he feels tired and the aches in his body is slowly throbbing. Maybe when he wakes up it will be gone, until then sleep is his only answer at the moment.

~*~



Summer trains vigorously for three hours taking short breaks in between. She swings the swords with profession and handles all the weaponry with ease. She back flips and lands on her feet accurately. She’s wearing a pale blue thin shoulder strap shirt with black sweats and white sneakers and her short blond hair is tied in a high ponytail.



“K, that’s about it for now.” Paige states suddenly, pulling on her black ruffled shirt and staring at her beige velvet skirt. A.J. pushes the stop watch in his hand and stares at Summer, beaming.



“I gotta admit, you were kicking some butt, I’m afraid of you!” A.J. states smiling at Summer, his brown eyes watching Summer’s face blush.



“Thanks, that’s the slayer instinct taking over!” Summer states wiping sweat away with a small green towel across her face.



“I can’t believe you learned all those moves I showed you. It’s crazy. That’s that slayer thing ain’t it?” A.J. whispers, eyeing the slayer.



Summer nods, “Yup, that’s the skills showing. I can’t help that.” Summer states giggling as A.J. rolls his eyes jokily.



Paige smiles and scribbles some stuff down. “K, girl, I’ll leave you to change, I’ll be with Kevin, Brian, Janice and Ana if ya need me.” Then she steps out the room, closing the door swiftly behind her.



“Well, A.J. I got to change.” Summer hinted, hoping A.J. gets the idea to leave the room.



“Oh, go right ahead, I’m not stopping you.” A.J. states as he leans against the gymnasium wall.



Summer laughs, “I’m gonna change, but you can’t be here, you’ll have to leave this room.”



“Why? Man I always miss the good stuff. Fine, be that way. It’s unfair really, I mean you saw me in my most intimate moment…” A.J. states suddenly interrupted by Summer’s laughter.



“Please you were sleeping, and you were quiet too!” Summer states her green eyes wide open as she giggles.



“Fine, I see when I’m not wanted.” A.J. states jokily, sucking his teeth. He opens the door and whispers to Summer, “Yo, I’ll meet you in the library with the others, aight.” And with that shuts the door leaving Summer alone to change her clothes.



In a few minutes, she was done dressing and was about to open the gym door but stopped dead on her tracks. In front of the gym door stood a familiar face. Summer’s green eyes water immediately staring at Blue.



“Oh, God! NO! How? I can’t believe this!” cries out Summer, as she holds on to the wall for support. She felt she was gonna pass out if she didn’t hold on to the cream colored walls.



The deep brown eyes bore into Summer, as Blue whispers, “Summer, are you ok? Please tell me you’re ok? You seem scared.”



Summer stands there, placing her hands over her mouth in shock. Tears trail down her pale complexion, staining her white cotton thin shoulder strapped shirt. She places her right hand on the side of her dark blue denims, gasping and shaking to see her friend before her.



Blue’s brown eyes grew sad, “It’s ok, shh, I know it’s crazy, listen, something weird is happening. Harmony managed to switch to my sister’s body. It’s like we traded places or something. I can’t explain this but trust me.”



Summer shakes as Blue tries to touch Summer’s arm, “It’s ok. Calm down I know how you feel. All of sudden you see your dead friend back to life and it’s confusing. I know, Summer, I’m scared, I can’t figure out what’s happening with me. Harmony is causing chaos, and I don’t know what else to do. I was with Kevin one minute and the next I see me walking down this hallway bumping into you.” Blue states her voice cracking in fright.



Summer cries out, “Get away from me! You died, I saw it! I know you died, I went to your funeral! Don’t do this Blue!”



Blue runs her fingers though her medium wavy hair, which today is held up in a bun. She pulls on her green tank top and pokes at her black jean skirt. “Summer, please, I don’t know what to do!”



“I can’t hear this, I can’t be around here with you!” Screams Summer as she runs away, her tears splashing on the beige carpet.



Blue smiles as Summer disappears from view. Harmony can feel her fangs emerging as her brown eyes changed to all white. Laughing, she whispers, ‘Soon, Summer. Soon!”

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**