- Text Size +
“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Seventeen- In Her Hands~**



He opens his soft brown eyes and gaze at the dark room. It was quite creepy, the wind howled outside the window panes as the rain splatters against it. He sees an elegant mahogany table in front of him with an graceful gold lining at the corners of the large rectangle table. In the center, stood a small glass vase with the crimson blood filled to the top casting shadows on the grey cobblestone floor. A.J. scans his eyes and notes that candles hung around the grey stone walls. A chill was in the room as A.J. looks at the very dimly lit room.



“What the hell is this?” He whispers as he notices movement next to him. He sees Kevin chained on his hands and feet against the wall. A.J. realizes he himself is chained up, the thick metal cuffs wraps on his wrist tightly as well as on his ankels. Nervously he tries to see if Kevin is ok. Whispering to him, he looks at him hoping Kevin is alive. “Kev. Yo, bro. You awake?” He stares at his friend in his leather long jacket and black button down shirt beneath it and dark blue denim.



Kevin’s head turns to the side and his green eyes open slowly staring around the room dizzily. “A.J. what happened? Where are we?” Kevin whispers hoarsely, his black spikes glinting in the dim yellow florescent light.



A..J. shrugs, “I was just asking you the same thing? I think this is it. I mean this is when Summer faces her! Oh God, Kev. Our lives are in her hands.” His black hair with red streaks hidden beneath his black baseball hat.



“You think she’s ready?” Kevin whispers, his head wavers a little from the grogginess of the tranquilizer.



A.J. nods her head, “She had to be, she’s our only hope.” He sighs and stares at his black t-shirt and worn out light blue jeans.



Kevin leans close to A.J. and whispers, “I trust Summer, she’s smart, I know she’s ready and the fight won’t even be so big with the slayer’s wit. She’s ready, I can feel it.”



“Feel what?” Blue speaks entering the dungeon hidden beneath the cemetery, her medium brown hair is now in tight curls tied in a high ponytail. Her locks pass down her shoulders and her soft peach complexion glows in the dim light. Tonight she is dressed in a snug black leather tank top and a long length black leather skirt with a small slit in the middle of it. Her black strapped sandals click as its heels hit the ground softly. She approaches A.J. and smiles, “Soon, precious soon, I’ll have the power once I destroy that slayer. And then my children, the real party will begin.”



Kevin sneers and shouts a profanity to her, “You won’t win. I know that!”



At this Blue laughs and roughly grabs Kevin’s neck, “And to think, you kiss your wife with that filthy mouth of yours. Think what you wanna believe, but trust me when I say, that little wench won’t touch my lovely emerald.” She states seriously, her voice like deadly river crashing onto the river banks. She fingers the gem, which today hung off her neck attached to black leather choker. Her cinnamon lips smiles and she whispers, “I’m going out to get some more company, I want this to be our little, how shall I say, last supper.” She whispers manically and she stares at A.J. She caresses his tan complexion gently with her fingers down the right side of his face. He twitches from her touch and stares at her in disgust.



“I can’t believe this, leave Summer alone!” A.J. shouts with concern.



Harmony laughs, “No way sweetheart, she’s the main entertainment in this dinner and once I destroy her, Hell can come to earth once and for all.” And with that she leaves the drafty dungeon to get the others.



A.J. stares at Kevin as he trembles, “Ke, Kev, Kevin, I don’t know if we’ll make it out of this alive, I just want to live a normal life Kev. I don’t know if we can!”



“Don’t worry ‘bout it J, Summer can do this, have faith in her, I truly believe Harmony’s gonna get what’s coming to her before you it!” Kevin states with confidence in his voice.



A.J. swallows hard and nods his head, trying to let Kevin’s words sink in. Summer can do this, he believes in her. He closes his wet brown eyes to stop any tears from spilling because he has to keep faith, that Summer can release him and the others from such a life.

~*~



Paige sighs and stares as Nick angrily explains to the pothers that Kevin is captured as well. Brian holds up his hands and tries to calm Nick down, “K, buddy, listen up. I know how you feel. I want this chick as dead as you do, but all our lives are at stake here and we’re helpless to do anything. Only Summer can do this and you know it, so stop it, k.”



Nick sighs and throws his hands up in the air, “You’re right, I’m over reacting, I see what Harmony is doing. She’s trying to split us apart and get to Summer. You think we can get away before she gets to us!” Nick states as he looks to the exit of the hotel.



“Nick, you don’t expect us to leave A.J. and Kevin behind do you? This is all part of Harmony’s plan, I’m serious about this, we gotta help them and if takes the fact that we all get caught then so be it! But I’m not leaving my cousin and friend because you wanna be safe yourself!” Brian shouts: his blue eyes bright in the moonlight as he tugs on his red jacket and fixes his black t-shirt beneath the jacket. He pulls out a piece of paper from his beige khakis and writes something down, handing it to Becky. “Look, if our management calls or any of our relatives call, tell them what’s on the paper. I don’t want them thinking we’re hurt or something.”



Becky looks at the paper and frowns, her blue eyes cast a sad look, “Wait this sounds like a good bye note or something. You’re not expecting me to tell them this, are you?”



Brian nods his head, “Yeah, just in case we don’t make it out of this.”



Aaron screams out, “Huh? What! I don’t wanna die, I was almost killed by Harmony twice! Iif it wasn’t for Howie and Kevin, I would have died already. You know they say three strikes you’re out, what if the third time I don’t make it!” He cries out frantically. Nick pats his brother’s shoulder.



“A, it’ll be aight. We got Summer with us, she won’t let anything happen to any of us, right Summer?” Nick states softly as stares at Summer sadly.



Summer nods her head, “Since you put it that way, of course I’ll watch over all of you. You got the best slayer in town tonight!” Pulling on her thin strapped white cotton shirt and fingering the dark blue jeans happily.



Howie smiles, “Well great, I guess we stick together then.”



The others nodded. Nick looks around and asks quietly, “Um, you guys where did Paige go?”



Becky looks into the hallway, “She went real quick back to the arcade. She left her purse there, she’ll be back in a few.”



Brian shouts, “Hold up, I think we gotta stick together, we can’t let each other go wondering around. I’m going after Paige to get her. I can’t have her wondering around here by herself. I’ll meet you all in my suite, I’m getting Paige and we can load up on weapons, k. I’ll see you guys in a few.” And with that, heads out to the arcade to get Paige.



Paige lets her blue grey eyes scan the arcade and she spots her small furry beige bag right where she left it: in the driver seat of the car game. Smiling she grabs her bag and spots a mirror near the end of the arcade. A mist the large crowd and people’s laughter, Paige makes her way to the small mirror and fixes her black ruffled shirt and beige velvet skirt. She twirls one of her blonde tresses and fixes the brown and red strands into a high ponytail. She stares at the mirror and notices Blue approaching her from behind. Paige feels the goose bumps arising and her heart begins to bang in her chest. She scans the area to find a smooth way out of the arcade without drawing suspicious. She can’t endanger others lives in this area and if anyone of this people call the police it will cause more lives to die in Harmony’s hands. Taking a deep breath, she tries casually to walk away without acting scared, but her legs weren’t cooperating. Her legs begin shaking and she seems stuck unable to move. Biting her lower lip, she watches through the mirror as Blue reaches her. Out of the corner of Paige’s eyes, she spots Brian calling for her.



“Well answer the boy, he’s looking for you.” Harmony whispers in Paige’s ear from behind her.



Paige tries to turn to look at her enemy but feels in her back a sharp object. “Stand still sweetie, you don’t wanna piss me off.” Whispers Harmony in her ear. “Move and I’ll hurt ya like I did your friends.”



Paige nods and waves her hand to draw attention to Brian. In a few seconds, Brian reaches and stops next to her to see Harmony.



“What the hell are you doing here?” Brian growled at Harmony.



Harmony laughs, “I came to invite you guys to a little dinner party I’m having at my place. I mean A.J. and Kevin are delighted to be setting up the place and it would be a treat to have you guys come and join.” Harmony whispers harshly, glaring at Brian.



Brian stares at the small pistol Harmony has pressed against the small of Paige’s back. “It’s loaded in case you’re curious.” Harmony answers, noting what Brian is staring at.



“So is that a yes or what?” Harmony whispers quietly.



Brian gulps and nods sadly to Harmony. “Great, the others will be excited to see you. Oh and by the way, I’ll need ya to go to the basketball court with me real quick.” Harmony says quietly pointing to the court nearby.



Brian and Paige walk out the arcade as Harmony follows closely behind with the weapon in her hands. No one notices anything and that’s what Harmony liked about it.



“Ok, my little children, since you’re going to my place, I’ll need to do something to you before you guys join the party.” Harmony smiles, pointing the silver pistol to Brian’s chest. “I promise it won’t hurt, it didn’t bother A.J. or Kevin so this will be fine.”



Brian yells out, “Hold up, you’re gonna shoot me! Why? What did I do? You’re getting what you wanted: a chance with the slayer, why are you gonna kill us?” He says shaking in fear.



“Man, do you all work on the same brain wave. Your friend said the same thing. I don’t need you, nor the girl, nor anyone. I just needed a distraction and you were all it. And you Paige, trying to run away from me the day I try to take your life. I was this close.” Harmony states, putting her thumb and pointer close. She continues, “And I’m a bit upset you left without saying goodbye, little one. But I’m sure you can make that up tonight right heaven.” She glares at Paige.



A silent shot filld the air as it struck Brian in the chest, knocking him to the ground. Paige screams at the sight and knells by his side. Caressing Brian’s sandy blond locks, her heart bangs in her chest as Harmony approaches Paige with the pistol.



“And now for you to get some sleep, I understand these past nights have been hectic and all, so I figured I’ll help you get some sleep, so you can be up for the party when it starts and all.” Harmony whispers softly, pointing the pistol at Paige’s head. “You look like you sleep like an angel. Good night and see ya at the party.” Harmony states pulling the trigger and releasing the silent bullet. It struck Paige on her neck and she collapses, with her head landing on Brian’s chest.



“Aww, you guys look so cute like that.” Whispers Harmony as she picks up the sleeping bodies in her arms and carries them away to her place.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**