- Text Size +
“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Two- Brother’s Keeper~**



Flashes of colors from the TV screen splashed out as noises of the animated film squeaked out. Aaron stared at the TV, not focusing on the images on the television. His mind is somewhere else and he looks around the living room waiting for the arrival of his brother. After finding the journal yesterday, Aaron was left disturbed about the so called truth. He wanted to talk to his brother, hoping Nick can answer some questions. Aaron couldn’t sleep tonight, his mind was racing with ideas. Although, he should get some sleep because he will have to get up early to head to the studio to work on his upcoming album, he couldn’t erase the ideas that something is wrong with his brother and the others. Curiosity was eating away at him and he needed answers now.



He tried concentrating on the animated martial arts film in front of him to keep his mind busy, but it wasn’t helping. He stares at the television depressed about the situation he got himself in. “Man, I gotta get some sleep.” He mutters softly staring at the clock on the wall, which read one in the morning. He sighs and leans back on the black leather sofa, closing his eyes.



Suddenly the front door opens softly and Nick slips in locking the door behind him. He moves towards the television to turn it off. Aaron opened his eyes quickly to see Nick turning off the TV.



“Hey.” Aaron says quietly, combing some of his blond strands lazily to the side.



Nick smiles gently and sits next to Aaron. “Hey A, whatcha doing up so late? You should get some sleep, you gotta get up early later on.”



“I know, I couldn’t sleep.” Aaron whispers, staring upstairs to see if any of his family members have woken up.



“Why? What’s wrong?” Nick asks concern, pulling his younger brother close to him.



“I, I got a lot on my mind that’s all.” Aaron whispers, he can feel his heart speed up in fear and his breathing increase slightly.



“Care to share?” Nick whispers concerned, his blond locks lying lazily on his head.



Aaron thought the question over his head. What will he say? Oh, I found a journal that belongs to woman who’s a slayer who wants to kill you guys because you’re some demented vampires that takes lives. He shook his head knowing that saying will cause more problems than he can handle. He simply responds, looking at his brother’s blue eyes, “About girls, the usual.” Aaron managed to say.



Nick smiles, “That’s ok, tell me what’s the deal? You into someone?”



Aaron grows annoyed, Nick decided to act like a brother now and wanted to be all his business. “It’s nothin’ really, Nick, trust me. It’s not a big deal.”



“Alright, then, but if it wasn’t, you wouldn’t be up so late.” Nick states curiously, eyeing the younger blond next to him.



Aaron stands up, pointing up the stairs, “I was just waiting for you to come. Now I can go to sleep.” With that, Aaron creeps up the white carpeted stairs to his room.



Nick stands up and follows his brother up the stairs. Aaron walks into his room and Nick comes to a closet pulling out some shirts and folding it into his black leather suitcase. “Hey thanks for letting me use your closet, I have to clean out mine’s in the house but I never find time to do it.”



‘Never do, wonder what you do to that takes up so much time.’ Aaron thinks to himself, sitting on the edge of his full size bed staring at his older brother in the room. Nick continued folding clothes quietly as Aaron looks on. He wanted to ask Nick what he found and get him to talk but what would he say. He gazes at Nick who’s wearing a blue tank top and black shorts. Finally, he gave up the mind battle and opened his mouth to speak. “So, where you guys heading off too?”



Nick shrugs his shoulder, “Actually, we’re going to hanging around here, No traveling as of yet. I’m mean we just got back from New York, so we’re all be chillin’.”



Aaron gulps softly at this, “Hanging around here then, huh?”



Nick nods softly, smiling. His blue eyes grew bright as he folds the last clothes and zips up the suitcase. “Aaron, I know you have it.” He whispers eerily.



Aaron stands up nervously, “Huh?” He asks confused, “W, what are you talking about?” He squeaks out, tugging on his navy blue t-shirt and placing his shaking hands on the side of his blue jeans.



“Don’t play dumb with me, little one. You know what you have don’t belong to you. When were you gonna give it back? You know A.J. almost went crazy thinking he lost it.” Nick quietly states, sending chills down Aaron’s back.



“Look, whatever you’re looking for I wouldn’t know, k. If A.J. lost something that’s his problem, I didn’t find anything that could have belong to him.” Aaron states confidently yet the fear in his stomach was nagging at him.



“Man, you make a horrible lair, Bro.” Nick stands up, leaning over his brother. Aaron stands up near Nick and smiles hoping to cover the fear that his body showed. Suddenly the soft brown eyes open wide to see Nick revealing his fangs grabbing Aaron’s neck. “Yo, AC, maybe you should’ve given things back like you were suppose too. You could have avoided all that’s about to happen to you.” Nick whispers manically. Nick leans down and tears into Aaron’s neck as Aaron let out a blood curling scream.



Flinging his arms in the air, he struggles to push away. He hears his brother whispering his name, softly at first then louder until it seemed it was coming from next to him. “Aaron, get up, wake up! Aaron!”



The brown eyes open wide as he stares at Nick. Nick seemed frightened and hugged his brother comforting the younger sibling. Aaron sits in the sofa shaking, realizing he fell asleep while waiting for Nick to arrive home.



“It’s ok, it’s ok buddy. What happened?” Whispers Nick staring at his brother soothing the frightened Aaron by gently hugging him.



Aaron looks around the living room and holds back tears. “God Nick, it was horrible. I had a freaky nightmare.” Whispers Aaron, gazing softly at his brother.



Nick smiles back and walks over to pick up his suitcase. “It’s ok, Aaron, you’re fine, that must have been quite a nightmare, you were screaming and practically fighting whatever was in front of you in that dream. You shouted my name a couple of times like I was hurting you somehow. You know I would never hurt you in any way right?” Nick whispers quietly. Aaron nods his head and stares as Nick grabs his suitcase and heads out the door. “Aaron, are you sure you don’t wanna tell me what’s bugging you? Maybe I can help?”



Aaron shakes his head, “Na, must be the stress of recording and all that stuff that’s getting to me.”



Nick laughs pointing to the T.V. “That or you’re watching too many of those vampire movies.” Aaron looks at the TV to see “Interview with the Vampire” playing.



Aaron smiles, “Yeah, maybe that’s it.” Nick shakes his head and waves a quiet goodbye, closing the front door behind him quietly.



Aaron walks to the window and peeks out to see Nick get into his black Jaguar. Aaron believed the moon must have played games with his eyes, for he couldn’t have seen fangs coming from his brother, ‘I mean those things are fake ,vampires and stuff are fake.’ Aaron thinks to himself. But what he saw outside didn’t match with his theories. Then he looked at what Nick was wearing and it was the same outfit worn in Aaron’s dream. Things weren’t adding up, none of this made sense. “Man, I gotta get some sleep. I don’t think right this late in the night.” Aaron mutters to himself, walking away from the window and heads towards his room.

~*~



She grips the steering wheel tightly to her silver Honda Acura, passing roads quickly in the highway. She wanted to leave the state and just drive down anywhere to escape the pain.



Ana yawns in the backseat and stretches out, lying on her back in the white furry seats. She smiles, “So, Summer, you know where we’re going? Or you’re just driving to where ever it leads us?”



Summer shrugs her shoulders and concentrates on the road in front of her. “I guess wherever we end up in.”



Paige sitting next to Summer in the passenger seat smiles, “Hey I know where we can go!” She exclaimed happily, pulling out a road map. Paige scans the map as her blond hair loose down her shoulders, blows in the wind from the car window, the streaks of red and brown appearing in her hair. Her blue grey eyes sparkled as she circled in a red marker an area on the map.



Ana leans over to the front seat to see what Paige is doing. Laughing, Ana takes the map from Paige’s hand. “Figured you'd be interested in going there.”



Paige glares at Ana for a second, “Hey, what’s that suppose to mean?” Ana laughs and Summer joins in the laughter. It felt good to laugh after all it’s been a tough week. Summer for the first time saw Blue’s family at the funeral and her heart broke to see that Blue left behind a younger sister. Summer remembered talking to the young girl at the funeral. Her name was Janice, and her big dark brown eyes held tears that were unleashed. Summer remembered how tall the young girl looked, almost Summer’s height already, her curly black hair hung down her shoulders tied in a ponytail. The young girl’s complexion was light brown, she almost resembled an native American with her dark skin tone. Summer recalled the sadness in the young girl’s voice and how terrified she was of vampires and the job Blue had taken up. She remembered what Janice had told her, in a soft low voice, the girl said that she knew that somehow the job Blue had taken up was one day gonna kill her.



Summer shook her head and focused back on the road in front of her. “We’ll be on the road for a while, it’ll take days before we reach Florida by car.” Summer mutters softly.



“That’s fine by me, we can take this time to know each other more.” Ana states, her light blond hair in a tight French braid down her neck. Her bluish green eyes take in the passing roads and she begins humming a song. She traces the seam of her navy blue hip huggers and stares at her black strapped sandals. She tugged on her blue tank top and yawned.



Summer smiles running her hand through her blond locks which today is in a twist, “Maybe this can help us be a stronger team.” She looks at her green thin shoulder strap tank top and black shorts. She pushes the pedal of her car with her black strapped sandals.



“I like that.” Paige states softly, pulling on her grey halter top. She picks up the map and folds it, over her blue capris.



Summer smiles and drives down the road, maybe she can get herself together before finding the ones that killed her friend.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**