- Text Size +
“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Four- Meeting Again~**



She gazes her blue eyes to the clock on the wall and yawns lazily. It just seemed like another day or rather night at the job, working as a receptionist at the exclusive Marriot hotel near the JFK airport. She drums her fingers against the large thick mahogany counter waiting for anyone to come in. “God, this so boring!” She mutters loudly glaring around the beautiful wooden polish furniture scattered through out the lobby of the hotel. The leather sofas shine happily in the florescent light as Becky tries to hold in another yawn. She sees three young women enter through the thick glass door in the entrance. Her blue eyes open wide as she tugs on her shoulder length curly dark brown hair as she recognized one of the women in her vision.



A 5’7 inch woman stood in front of Becky, her light blond hair swept up in a delicate twist and her bluish green eyes darted around the area staring at Becky.



“Hey” the woman states to Becky. “I wanna rent out a small room with three beds in it. How much would that cost?” The young woman asks nervously.



Becky smiles, knowing full well the girl before her was underage. “You have to be eighteen years to rent out a room. Show me your ID then I’ll check to see if I have any rooms available.”



The girl rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath, before walking away. Another girl of average height races to the counter, her blue grey eyes lit up. The girl seemed younger than the rest and her blond hair had two different colors of streaks across her hair: brown and red.



The young girl stares at Becky questioning her thoughts, “I know it’s weird but we really need a room for tonight, please say that you can do this. We don’t have a place to stay tonight ‘cept here. Look we have money, just do this secretly or something. Please help us out!” Begged the young teen before Becky.



Becky thought about it for a few minutes. If her boss found out what she will do, she’ll be fired. Shaking her head no, Becky points to the exit of the door. “I’m sorry, I can’t do this. Too much is being risked here and I really don’t wanna be involved in it.”



The three girls sigh and finally Summer approaches the counter before Becky, “Look,” Summer states leaning near to read Becky’s name tag, “Rebecca, I can pay, I’m the oldest here, I’m nineteen, just give me a room and I’ll pay for it.” Summer states confidently sliding her ID to Becky.



Becky feels her heart chill as she gazes at Summer. She remembers her visions, the one she meet her at a mall with a girl named Janice. Yet the other two girls she had never had visions of. Becky takes Summer’s ID and types on the computer. “Will you be paying with cash or credit?” Becky states nervously.



Summer takes out a credit card and slides it across the counter to Becky. “Credit.” Summer states quietly. Becky nods and types in some information.



“We have a two bedroom suite for five hundred a night. Are you gonna stay?” Becky states as she stares at the green eyed, blond haired woman before her.



Summer nods her head, “I’ll take it.” Becky hears gasps coming from the other two girls.



“Whoa wait, Summer are you sure you can afford that? That’s a lot of money to stay in this hotel, maybe we can stay in the car.” Paige states nervously.



Summer shakes her head, “Nope, we’re staying here. I wanna sleep on a bed not on a seat. Besides, it’s no biggie, I’ve never used the credit card before hand, so I got enough for tonight.”



Paige gulps, “Well ok then, but I feel bad.”



Summer shakes her head, “Don’t worry ‘bout it. I got ya covered.”



Ana smiles and gives Summer a small hug, “Thanks girl, I’ll pay you back somehow.”



Summer laughs, “No need too.” And puts her credit card back in her wallet. The three girls walk away and Becky stares in shock at Summer.



“So, I guess I should tell her then.” Becky mutters quietly to herself.

~*~



Summer steps out of the hotel room as the other two girls get accommodated in the rented room. Summer runs her fingers through her short blond locks and lazily reaches the bathroom at the end of the hallway. She hears footsteps coming from behind, and she turns expecting it was either Paige or Ana but instead sees someone she was not prepared to see.



“A.J.! Why the hell are you still alive? You should have died after what you put all of us through!” Summer reaches in her pocket pulling out a small stake.



A.J. puts his hands in front of him in surprise, a slight fear passes through his chocolate eyes. Summer narrows her green eyes to him and she lowers the stake, still gripping it in case he attacks.



“Look I just wanna talk to you. Is that ok?” A.J. states quietly, lowering his hands down.



Summer nods her head, “You? Wanna talk? Then go ahead.” She watches as he drops to his knees and stares at her frighten.



“Look, I know you want revenge! I understand how you feel. My fiancé life is in endanger because of what I am. I’m begging you to help me. Instead of fighting me, let’s join together to defeat the real enemy…” A.J. states suddenly interrupted by Summer.



“I can’t believe this! You think I’m gonna fall for that! Tell me, why should I even help you, when you have plans to kill me later on anyway!” Summer shouts, disgusted with him.



A.J. sighs and begins weeping, his tears crashing down on his tan face. His black tank top drip with his tears and he grips his black cargo pants. His eyes were hidden behind tinted shades yet the tears didn’t stop.



Summer confused and surprised, slowly touches A.J. on his shoulder, “Why are you crying? Shouldn’t you be out hunting with your other sick friends, killing lives.”



A.J. takes off his shades and stares at Summer in hurt and pain. “I work for a stronger force. Stronger than me and you. I can’t stop her! You have to watch out for her!” A.J. says scared, shaking in fright.



Summer looks at A.J.’s eyes to see if what he is saying have some truth to it. “Why should I believe you?” Summer whispers manically.



A.J. sniffs, holding back more tears. Whispering quietly he responds, “Because we’re both are on the same mission to destroy the person who is really behind all this. Besides who else are you gonna trust?”



Summer shakes her head, “My friends, my real friends, the ones who won’t turn their back on me ever.” Her green eyes bright with tears in it.



A.J. looks down at the dark blue carpet and trails his brown eyes over the seams of Summer’ s black shorts. He smiles gently, “You know, you are the first slayer I’m truly scared of. There’s something about you, a spunk unlike any other slayer I’ve seen. You have motivation with all that you’ve been through. And your also one of the prettiest slayers I’ve seen so far.”



Summer feels a small smile crawling on her lips. “Well you must really want something, cuz the fact you complimented your enemy without gagging or even twitching is interesting.”



A.J. smiles and laughs, “I guess you’re right about that. So my dear Summer is that a yes, that you’ll help me and the guys out stopping this Harmony chick.”



Summer raises her eyes brows and asks about Harmony, “Who exactly is this Harmony that we must all stop?” She states crossing her arms across her chest.



A.J. goes in to detail who Harmony is and what she did to them. She feels her heart beat just a little faster at the mention of how A.J. pretty much died for Harmony to use his body.



“I’m sorry about that, you didn’t deserve that. No one does. You must have been so scared, yet no one was there to stop her.” Summer states quietly, smoothing out her green thin shoulder straps on her tank top.



“That’s ok, it’s not like any one could have stopped that. I just want my life back. I wanna wake up knowing I enjoyed a day and that people are safe. That somewhere I didn’t hurt anyone and that people are safe from creatures like me. But I can’t! Every night after I hunt, I cry myself to sleep, thinking about if I had control over my own body that things would be different. Do you know what it was like for me to kill someone the first time? I felt no control, I screamed at the sight when that man fell dead after I tore his neck with my bare teeth!! Summer, do you know how long I stood there just screaming for this nightmare to be over but it never ends! I still live it! Summer, please help me!” A.J. cries out to her, reaching his hands to her. He was surprised to feel Summer’s warm arms embraced around his body.



She whispers in his ears quietly that she will help him, “I’ll help you get that freedom back.” She hugs him tightly and rubs her hands on his back to comfort him.



He nods his head and whispers a soft “thank you.” Falling into Summer’s embrace, he weeps quietly letting his tears splash down on Summer’s bare shoulders. Summer breathes in his cologne mixed in with a soap smell.



Running her fingers through his black and brown hair, she smiles and gives him a small peck on the cheek. Standing up, she pulls away from his embrace and walks away to her room. She turns back before going in the hotel room and smiles, “I hope tonight you get no nightmares. We’ll discuss the plan about Harmony in the morning. Get some sleep, you’ll need it. It’ll be a long day tomorrow.” With that she enters her room and closes it behind her.



A.J. stares as she disappears in the room and smiles, “Thank you Summer, I’ll be free soon because of you.” He stands up and takes an elevator to where his room is at. He just got back into the city due to Harmony’s orders and the rest of the guys are not too please about that as well.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**