- Text Size +
“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Six- Time For A Visit~**



His opens the door to his hotel room and walks slowly to the bathroom. Staring at the mirror, he shudders at what his reflection shows. His blue eyes have become dull and almost lifeless. The eyes have sunken and his skin had become ashen. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. What is he gonna do now with his life? Everything he has been working for so hard has come to an erupt stop due to Harmony. He tries to remember the happier times before he changed: the day of his marriage, the day when he first joined the group, the day when he first fell in love with his future and now wife and the day when he and other guys were the first to break the number of records sold. But no matter how hard he tried thinking about it, the more difficult it was getting to recall the facts. His memory is slowly leaving him as he slowly dies each day in what used to be his body. He knows he is physically alive but mentally and emotionally a part of him self fades away. He stares at the bathroom mirror and feels tears edge their way to the corner of his eyes. Holding back tears, he turns around to see A.J. enter the hotel room.



“Hey, how’d it go?” Brian states sadly.



A.J. nods his head and beams, his chocolate eyes lit up. Running up to Brian, he grabs his friend’s shoulders and jumps up and down in excitement. “She said she’ll help us! Isn’t that great Rok?!”



Brian nodded sadly, “That’s great. When can we talk to her?”



A.J. was gonna respond to that question but stopped as concern took over his tan face. “Rok, what’s wrong? Were you crying?”



Brian nods his head and runs his fingers through his dirty blond hair. “God A.J. each day just gets harder for me. I haven’t talked with Leighanne since Harmony came into the picture. I’m afraid my life is falling apart around me and I can’t do anything to stop it! My marriage is suffering and I wanna call my wife but I’m afraid Harmony will find out and kill her.”



A.J. nods his head and hugs Brian in a tight hug as they begin crying. The unshed tears were released and all the pain with it. “B, you’re not the only one feeling this way! I haven’t talk with Sarah since we were sent back up here to finish the job. I want my life back and I think Summer can help us!”



Brian shakes his head, pulling away from A.J.’s hug. Wiping roughly away the tears, Brian stands there as sorrow envelopes him. “J, that’s just it! How do we know she’ll really help us? How long can I keep doing this? Working for this chick and live with it day after day, night after night. I don’t know about you but my conscience is coming back strong and I can’t sleep right anymore.” Brian states quietly, wiping away some new tears that trickled down his cheek.



“We’ll meet with her tomorrow morning, I promise. She’ll clear some things up. Just call Nick. I heard from Kevin he’s taking this a lot worse than us. He’ll need your support, so be strong for him, k, buddy.” A.J. whispers quietly patting his friend’s shoulder.



Brian nods his head, smiling, “K, your right, I’ll talk with him and then go to bed afterwards. I hope Summer doesn’t hate us.”



“I’m sure she doesn’t, if she did, she wouldn’t meet us tomorrow. Look, I’m gonna go get some shut eye. I’ll check ya later. K. night.” A.J. states smiling, closing the hotel door behind him.



Brian sighs and exits his room to talk to Nick. If he knew anything about his friend, Nick is being non talkative and withdrawn from everyone. Maybe Brian can help his friend deal with the pain they’re all experiencing.

~*~



Summer yawns and closes the door behind her. “What did I just do?” She mutters quickly to herself. She didn’t know what to do. Had she really agreed to meeting with A.J. and the others in the morning? What am I thinking? Do I really think I can help the guys be good? What if it’s just a plan for me to feel bad for them and then they take advantage of me or the girls. I can’t think about this now. I won’t be able to fall asleep. Summer thinks to herself as she slips into the hotel suite she’s staying in. She passes one small bedroom where Ana and Paige are curled beneath the thin covers on the queen size bed. How will the girls respond when I tell them what I’m doing in the morning? Summer wonders to herself. Smiling, she reaches a small bedroom where a full size bed stood waiting for her. She sluggishly reaches the bed and flops down on it, not even bothering to burying herself under the smooth cool white covers like she usually does. Tonight she’s too tired for that. She shuts her green eyes and takes a deep breathe succumbing to sleep.

~*~



Aaron opened the suite to his room and hears the phone ringing. “Well, Carter, looks like some of your fans must know you arrived here.” His security guard states, the gruff voice interrupting Aaron from his thoughts.



Laughing, Aaron rushes over and picks up the cordless black phone from its cradle.



“Hello?” Aaron asks.



“Hi, Mr. Carter, this is Rebecca, the receptionist from downstairs. I’m curious to know if you’re hungry?”



Aaron sighs and confused, waits for Becky to finish talking. “Huh? Why?” Aaron manages to ask before Becky can continue speaking.



“I’m curious to know that because I have sent up some dinner for you to eat in which I will personally deliver to you if you don’t mind.” Becky states calmly.



Aaron shakes his head, “Huh? Why? Don’t you have caterers for that or something?” Aaron asks getting a little uncomfortable with the situation.



“Sir, I understand your awkward feelings, but trust me, I’m doing this because I simply wanna talk with you and doing this can maybe help ease any tension. Besides, no one comes in during this time anymore except a few exceptions and I’m bored out of my mind down here. If you let me hang with you, I can show you where the entertainment systems are, hint, hint. The X-box and the Nintendo Game cube. Plus I have rented out some videos games and haven’t used them yet. So if you’re still interested, let me know. If not then I’ll just play by my self.” Becky states sounding sadly.



Aaron laughed, “K, now that you put it that way, I would love to have dinner with you.”



Becky giggles, “K, Mr. Carter, I’ll be right up then.” And with that she hangs up the phone.

~*~



She knocks on the sturdy dark mahogany door of Aaron’s hotel room. A few minutes pass before she heard footsteps running up to open the door. The door creeks open and a blond head sticks out from the doorway. Becky smiles but realizes this isn’t Aaron that opened the door but rather his brother.



Her mouth drops open in complete surprise as she feels her blue eyes open wide. Pointing her index finger to the man at the door, she squeaks out, “Oh God! You’re Nick! Nick of Backstreet!”



The man smiles and thumbs back to the open room, “I heard you have a date with my brother, I’ll just leave you guys alone.”



Becky feels herself blush as she stands there frozen in shock. “That’s ok, we were just gonna hang.”



“Na, two’s company, three’s a crowd.” Nick states sweetly, sliding out the door and walking down the hallway.



Becky smiles as Nick disappears down the hallway to his room. Hmm… didn’t know BSB is staying here. Where was I when they came in?” Becky wondered.



Becky enters the open door and gets into the room to see a table covered in a beautiful white cloth with golden patterns of circles aligning the corners of the tablecloth. In the center of the table stood two white candles lit up, and two china plates placed in front of two wooden chairs. At either end of the table stood a bouquet of white carnations and the room smelled of sweet flowers and of air conditioning.



Becky feels a small smile on her face as she brings in a large white box where the food is in. She places the two plates of food next to the two china plates and looks around waiting for the younger Carter to appear.



“Sorry, I took a while, I was in the bedroom getting ready.” Aaron states appearing in the living room suddenly. Becky looks at the young boy and notices he dressed casually with Khakis pants and a blue long sleeved cotton sweater.



Laughing, Becky smiled pointing to the table, “You did all this?”



Aaron nodded, “Yeah, with some help from my brother. I hope it looks nice.” Aaron whispers shyly.



Becky smiles, “It looks wonderful, you didn’t have to do this though, we are just gonna hang out.” Her blue eyes following the young teenager to one of the dinner chairs.



“Well see I thought it was date, so I went all out and even dressed up a little.” Aaron states gently, his brown eyes glittering from the florescent light in the room. He runs his fingers through his blond locks, which today hangs lazily on his head.



Becky smiles, looking at her outfit: a white blouse with a red vest over it labeled ‘Marriot Hotel employee’ and at her black knee length shirt with a slit on the side exposing some of her leg. Her black heeled sandals click across the mahogany floor and she takes a seat that Aaron pulls out for her. “This is really sweet, I would have never guessed all this.”



Aaron smiles and they both begin eating talking about things that happened today to them: about work, family and what they’re interested in. Becky lets her eyes gaze around the room and smiles. “Hold on, I’m getting the entertainment system out.” Becky states running out the room and bringing in a Playstation 2 along with some video games in her hands.



Aaron smiles and quickly connects it to the TV. In a matter of minutes, they were both engrossed in the game before them. After what seemed like an hour of playing, Becky stands up and yawns.



“Well, I gotta say for a busy star, you still found time to whip my behind in that game.” Becky states laughing, pointing to the television.



Aaron shrugs his shoulder, “Boredom does that to you, you find ways to kill time like this.” He says laughing along with Becky.



Becky grabs the dirty plates and places it in a dishwasher. “Well, Mr. Carter I guess I should head down back to my post.”



Aaron smiles, “You can call me Aaron you know. Don’t make it seem like I’m a stranger to you now.” He states rubbing his fingers down the side of his pants.



“Well, ok, Aaron, and you can call me Becky.” Becky replies, running her fingers through her dark curly brown hair.



“I’ll call you Becky, but I’ll need your number.” Aaron whispers seductively.



Becky laughed, “I’m a bit older than you, but I’ll gladly give you my number so we can talk.”



Aaron smiles, “I like older women, I can learn a lot from them.”



Becky smiles and hands him a small piece of paper with her number in it.



Aaron runs over and rips a sheet of paper out of a black and blue journal, scribbling down his number. Becky’s eyes grew open as she recognized the journal from her vision. Whispering, she points to the journal, “Aaron, does that book belong to you?”



Smiling, he shakes his head, “Na, it fell out of one of my brother’s friends bag. But the book doesn’t belong to him either.”



“It belongs to Summer, doesn’t it.” Becky whispers softly.



Aaron’s eyes open wide, “How the hell did you know that?” He clutches the book to his chest.



“Aaron, trust me I know. See I get visions and I saw this book, you’re in danger holding on to this book. I suggest you get the book back to it’s owner immediately. Someone’s coming for you to get that book back and from want I know that’s not Summer coming for it.” Becky states slightly trembling.



Aaron shakes his head, “You’re freaking me out lady, I think it’s time you leave now, before I call security.” He backs away from her and points to the door for Becky to leave.



Becky sighs and leaves the room, turning her head back, she sees the door closing in front of her face. “Great, just great, I pissed off the younger Carter. Now I’m gonna hear it from the boss.” She states grumbling. She stares at the closed door of Aaron’s room and rips off a sheet of paper. She feels her heart beating fast and her nerves are on high alert. Something is definitely wrong here, she can sense it. She hastily scribbles something quickly on the paper and slides it beneath the door crack. “Let’s hope you’re not mad and read what I sent ya before it’s too late.” Becky whispers.

~*~



Aaron sees the small piece of paper sliding beneath the door. He walks over and picks up the sheet of paper. His soft brown eyes open wide as he drops the paper from his hands. He shivers a little and stares at the words on the paper. It stated clearly in bold black ink, GET OUT! Aaron stands there in the room shaking as lightening begins and the lights in the room shut off. A storm has erupted outside in the night. Gulping, he reaches around the room and holds onto something. He didn’t know what it was, it seemed like a person he grabbed. A flashlight shines in front of him and he stares at a petite woman, with brown wavy hair down her back. Her brown eyes changed color from all white to brown, sending chills down the boy’s back. Her cinnamon lipstick covered lips smiles manically, her peach complexion shines through the darkness.



The woman whispers, smiling wickedly, “You have something, I need. I suggest you give it up boy.”



Aaron stands there in shock to afraid to move, something about her eyes made him frozen to even move around. Then he lets out a scream as he see fangs emerging from the woman’s mouth. He stands there solid in fear that seized his body, he’s too afraid to do anything. “Guess you should have taken Becky more serious about her warning, but it’s too late for that now isn’t it.” Blue states whispering eerily to Aaron.



Aaron closes his eyes and hopes in all reality that he was just having another nightmare, but unfortunately when he opens them again, he finds himself staring at this vampire with his death sentence on it.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**