- Text Size +
“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Seven- Painful Reality~**



Brian enters Nick’s hotel suite and finds his friend sitting in a white lounge chair outside in the balcony. He looks to the clock on the wall and noted its one in the morning. Walking over quietly, Brian slides the glass door to the balcony and stares at the city below them. He looks over to Nick who seems deep in thought. Grabbing a beach chair, Brian slumps into it and stares at Nick.



“Hey, Frack, how you feeling?” Brian whispers, pulling on his own blue tank top.



Nick closes his eyes and turns to face Brian with a soft smile on his face. “I haven’t heard you call me that since I was young.” Nick states softly, smiling at his friend.



“Figured you needed some cheering up. I’m sure you heard about us meeting with Summer in the morning right?” Brian states quietly, watching his friend’s reaction.



Nick nodded, “Yeah, D, told me a few minutes ago. You know I found out my brother is staying about two floors below us. I was visiting him. Do you know what I found in his room?” Nick says nervously passing his fingers through his unruly blond locks.



Brian shakes his head no and waits for Nick to continue.



Nick’s blue eyes grew wide open as he stares over the railing of the balcony to the city below. Shaking his head, he whispers, “I found Summer’s dairy in his room. B, Harmony’s coming for him and I can’t stop her. If I try, I’m afraid she might kill my soul! He doesn’t need to die or be involved. I knew it was a bad idea giving A.J. the dairy, he lost it and come to find out my brother is holding evidence of the slayer in his hands.” Nick sniffs as his blue eyes well in tears.



Brian leans into his friend and hugs Nick trying to comfort him. “I’m sure he gave it back by now, besides how do you know that Harmony will come after him? I’m sure she has other plans than to harass Aaron. Look, just try to get some sleep, Summer will help us, I’m sure of it. A.J. said it for sure. Nick, don’t worry ‘bout it. I’m sure things will work out. I came to cheer you up and by the looks of it, I failed for the first time.”



Nick laughs bringing joy to Brian’s ears, “Whoa Nick, you’re laughing. Hey I got a great idea!" Brian states happily, jumping up from his seat quickly. He grabs Nick’s arm and pulls his friend off the seat. “Let’s go to the pool downstairs, we can chill out there. You don’t look like you wanna sleep any time soon worrying about your brother, so I say we get in some water and cheer you up! A happy Nick makes a peaceful sleep for the rest of us!”



Nick laughs and playfully slaps Brian behind his head, “Hey, I’m not that bad when I’m upset, am I?”



Brian rolls his blue eyes and thumbs to the front door, “Hey, you not the one who deals with a pissed off Nick are you?” Brian laughs and playfully pushes Nick out the door, while Nick laughs and grabs Brian pulling him by the arm. The two men take the elevator down to the pool room and didn’t hear the sound of a shrill yelling coming from Aaron’s room.

~*~



Kevin’s green eyes flew open at the screaming coming from two floors below him. He hastily jumps off the king size bed and races to throw some decent clothes out. He recognizes the yelling, it’s coming form Aaron’s room and by the sound of the screaming, he’s in danger and Harmony looks like she came for a surprise visit. He runs out of his room hoping he can reach Aaron in time. As Kevin runs down the blue carpeted hallway, he passes by Howie’s room, he knows Howie is sleeping. He passes by A.J.’s room and notes A.J. is in the shower and couldn’t have heard the yelling. Kevin continues passing rooms and notes that Nick and Brian are not in their rooms. He assumes they heard the yelling and went to help or went off somewhere to hang out. Kevin jumps down the flight of stairs and pushes a metal cold door that leads to the hallway where Aaron’s room is at. He reaches the door and notices the loud consistent yelling coming from inside the room. A young woman, the receptionist from downstairs, bangs on the door telling Aaron to leave the room.



Kevin stands next to the door and looks at the curly dark brown haired, blue eyed woman. “I need you to stand back, don’t come in the room no matter what happens ok?”



Becky trembling, nods her head, Please just save the boy, he sounds like someone is murdering him!” She screams out.



“I’ll take care of it. Whatever you do, don’t call the police or any one, K.” Kevin states loudly over the sounds of the screaming coming from inside.



Becky stands away from the door and stands near the grand staircase watching what will happen.



Kevin takes a deep breath and kicks down the door with incredible strength. The mahogany door crashes on the floor as Kevin steps over the cracking wood to enter Aaron’s room. He looks into the room to see Harmony in Blue’s body, pulling at Aaron to reach his neck.



“Leave him alone! He’s not the one involved here!” Kevin’s voice booms in the room, his green eyes showing rage within it. He stands near Harmony watching the petite brunette dressed in a laced black long sleeve shirt and black jeans. Her wavy long brown hair hangs in tight curls on her shoulders. Her brown eyes changed to all white as she stares at Kevin in anger.



“You like to interrupt me from my meal. I know you know better than to intrude on my dinner.” Blue hisses in his direction.



Kevin stands firm and walks over to Aaron who’s on the floor curled with his arms around his legs which are drawn up to his chest. “Hey buddy, it’s ok. She won’t hurt you.” He whispers to Aaron who’s trembling violently. Kevin places his arm around the young boy and holds him. “She won’t hurt you, I know that.”



Harmony smiles, rolling her all white eyes. “You got to be kidding me. This little boy is in the way of my plan. Give him to me!” Harmony demands loudly. Her voice sounded like thunder breaking through the sky. It sends chills down both males as they watch in horror as Harmony’s fangs appear before them. “Kevin, I’m only going to ask you one more time, get out the way! Move!” Harmony yelled angrily. Kevin shakes his head no and clings the boy close to him.



“Harmony, I’m telling you to leave this child alone. He doesn’t know what’s happening. I’ll promise he’ll keep his mouth shut, I’ll watch him. You know you can trust me!” Kevin states nervously, knowing that usually what Harmony wants, Harmony gets.



She places her hands on her hips and giggles slightly. “This is insane, I can’t believe this. Very well, you can keep the child. But I suggest you keep a close eye on him. Because if I see him alone, he’ll cease to be. I take no pity on no one, no matter how young they are or who they’re related to.” She states this, staring directly at Aaron. A small smile on her face, as the fangs shrink back into her mouth.



Aaron shakes and nervously looks at Kevin’s eyes. “Please don’t leave me alone!” Cries Aaron as Harmony vanishes from their sight.



Harmony walks over to the hotel balcony and smiles, her back to them. “I’ll come back to see the progress. I feel the slayer is in this very hotel. And I’m tempted to kill her now. But I don’t wanna spoil the fun for me. The time will come shortly and I can meet the slayer!” She states quietly. And with that leans over the balcony, putting her arms stretched out on either side to fall off the balcony. She disappears in the starless night, silently falling off the balcony.



Aaron gasps and points to the balcony, “Did she? Is she? I mean did she kill herself?” He states confused and frightened.



Kevin shakes his head, “No, she likes to leave a grand exit each time I see her.”



“God, Kevin if you didn’t come, I would have died!” Aaron quietly states, holding back tears in his soft brown eyes.



“I heard ya buddy, I knew she’d be here. I came here fast hoping I came in time.” Kevin whispers softly to the boy, smoothing Aaron by combing some of the blond locks with his fingers.



“And you did. I’m glad nothing happened.” A voice came from the entry of the doorway.



Kevin looks to see Nick speaking, as he and Brian come in the room.



Aaron sees his brother and tears begin falling down his face. “Why didn’t you tell me what you are? All this time you’ve been lying, keeping this freaky lifestyle from me. Why couldn’t you be a man and tell me?” Aaron angrily states, standing up to face his brother.



Nick kneels down and places his forehead on his younger brother’s forehead. “I’m sorry ‘bout not telling you this. I needed to protect you and the family. I couldn’t tell anyone. It hurts me to know that each time something happens, I couldn’t run to tell you because you would think I’m losing it. What you saw is real. Harmony is a demon, a vampire to be more clear. We work for her.” Nick states quietly.



Aaron’s eyes grow big, “What, no! This can’t be! That would mean you’re one too then right!” Aaron states scared, his voice cracking with fear. Nick nods his head sadly and tries to reach for his brother.



“Don’t! Don’t touch me!” Shouts Aaron, backing away from Nick’s grasp. “I can’t believe this! You’re a freak and you expect me to be happy about it and come running to you. Well guess what, your little brother grew up! I’m not gonna stand here and hear you tell me that you kill to live, I refuse to believe that!” He states yelling, tears splashing down his light flustered face.



Nick shakes his head sadly, “Aaron please, I didn’t say anything only to protect you from the truth. I know it hurts, I’m trying to save my life. I’m in a bigger battle that you can ever imagine! Please try to understand this. I love you, I was afraid of hurting you, mom and dad.” Nick cries out to his brother hoping Aaron would somehow understand the situation.



“Yeah, well too late, you already hurt me.” Aaron whispers angrily to him and storms into the hotel bathroom locking himself there. Nick sighs and shakes his head sadly.



“I hope he can understand soon.” Nick states sadly.



Brian pats Nick’s shoulder, “He will, just give him time.” Nick nods and follow Kevin and Brian out of Aaron’s suite. Nick and the others leave the room closing the door behind them.



Kevin whispers to the others in the hallway outside of Aaron’s suite, “He’s gonna be in there crying, trying to understand all this. But we can’t leave him alone. Harmony will come back to get him. I don’t think Nick should be there to watch him, I need someone he can trust and Nick is not the one.”



Brian stares at Nick and nodding his head, he tells Kevin he’ll watch the boy tonight. The others agreed and left, leaving Brian alone in the hallway with Becky standing there in shook.



Her blue eyes open wide, “Oh dear God, what’s wrong with you people? I had visions of this but never thought it can be true!” Becky states quietly in shock.



Brian sighs, “It sucks doesn’t it? I know you’ll be important since you already know about our condition. I mean surely your visions told you that right?”



Becky nods her head and pulls out a Cross necklace in front of her. Brian shakes his head, “Don’t worry I won’t hurt you. Just meet us tomorrow in the breakfast hall in the morning, I think we need to do a lot of talking to clear and explain things. I’ll see you later.” Brian states quietly, waving a quick goodbye before entering Aaron’s room.



Becky sighs and feels herself getting faint, “I hope I don’t lose it tomorrow. I need to change my work hours to day time, this night shift is making me lose it.” Becky whispers heading back down the stairs to finish her work shift.

~*~



“Aaron, can you open the door? It’s me Brian. Please I just wanna talk to you?” Brian whispers in front of the locked bathroom door.



A muffled respond from Aaron is heard, “No! Just leave me alone.”



“Please A, it’s just me. I know you don’t wanna talk to any of us right now. But I can help you in all this confusion. Please Aaron come on, open the door.” Brian whispers gently leaning on the white wooden doorframe. He hears shuffling coming from inside of the bathroom.



Aaron stands up shaking, grabbing the cold copper door knob. He leans on the door and begins crying, trying to drown his pain away. He hears Brian whispering to open the door, that somehow he can help out, but Aaron felt his trust broken and even the nicest of people couldn’t bring that back.



He opens the bathroom door to find Brian leaning on the doorway. Brian’s wet blue eyes fill with tears as he grabs the young boy in a hug. “Come here, I’ll protect you, we all will! We care about you and I’m so sorry that you weren’t informed of this before. But you wouldn’t have believed us. What were we gonna tell you? We’re vampires that hunt and kill to survive and we have the ability to walk in the daylight, a gift or a rather a curse to kill more innocent lives. I don’t think you would have taken that to well.”



“I don’t think I understand this? What do you mean?” Aaron asks curious, as he pulls on his blue long sleeve cotton sweater.



Brian bites his lower lip staring at Aaron, “Tomorrow everything will be clear, I promise. You get some sleep now, I’ll watch you.”



Aaron nods his head and goes to the bed changing his clothes to his pajamas. He crawls under the thin white covers and stares at Brian who settled in a lounge chair next to Aaron’s bed. Aaron smiles and whispers, “Night.” And with that shuts his eyes as sleep succumbs him.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**