- Text Size +
“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Eight- The Morning After~**



She paces around the hotel suite she’s in, waiting for Ana to get out of the bathroom. Summer stands in front of the mirror and fixes her white blouse. Her few freckles appear on her face as she ties up her blond locks in high ponytail. She smoothes out her black pants and taps lightly on the floor with the heel from her beige boots. She stares at the clock on the wall, her green eyes open wide as nervousness tickles her stomach.



Almost eight thirty and they’re still not up. Summer thinks as the bathroom door from inside their suite opens. She watches as Ana wearing a blue ruffled top and light blue jeans steps put of the bathroom. Her light blond hair was tied up in a twist. Ana was beaming as she examines herself in the full length mirror before her.



“Man, I look good.” Ana states happily with a small smile forming on her painted pink lips. Summer can see the many earrings and piercing Ana has on her ears and smiles. Summer laughs and waits patiently for Ana to finish looking at her self. Ana turns to look at Summer and her bluish green eyes lower in curiously. “You know, you never told me exactly where we’re all going. So I’m curious, Summer dear, where are we going?” Ana asks batting her eyes to Summer.



Summer giggles, “Look, I already told you, we’re gonna eat in the breakfast hall in the hotel. I heard the place is amazing and the food is free for us that is.”



“Hmmm, we’re not meeting anyone, are we?” Ana asks her curiosity arising.



Summer shakes her head as her heart begins banging on her chest, “Um, no why do you ask? Look I’ll tell ya when Paige gets here k?”



Ana shakes her head, “Why can’t you tell me now? What are you keeping a secret? I thought we were all close and stuff like that.” Ana says softly almost whining.



Summer smiles, “I’ll tell ya in a few, just give Paige a few minutes to get out the bathroom and we can head downstairs. I don’t wanna be late. I was told to come for breakfast not brunch.” Summer states, pointing to the clock on the wall.



“Why in such a rush?” The soft voice of Paige responds as she steps into the room. “You know I prefer using the bathroom in this room than the one in the hallway. But if Somebody wasn’t in there I would have finished faster.” Paige states staring directly at Ana. Paige is dressed in a one shoulder yellow top and a blue jean skirt. Her blonde hair along with her streaks of brown and red are in a braided bun.



Ana smiles and shrugs her shoulders, “Hey you snooze, you lose sweetie. Next time, get up before me and I’ll get the bathroom in the hallway.”



Summer rolls her eyes and points to the door, “K, girls, let’s go before all the food is taken.”



The three women step out the room and wait for the elevator to arrive. Paige looks at Summer smiling, “You never told us why we’re eating in such a fancy place. You know the food must be expensive.”



Ana cuts in, “”It seems the food will be free for us and Summer doesn’t want to tell us really why we’re getting such a special treatment all of the sudden. Isn’t that right Summer?” Ana states smirking in Summer’s direction.



Summer shakes her head and licks her lower lip, “It’s not a big deal, really it isn’t.”



Paige notices how nervous Summer is getting with the question and smiles, “Ana, leave her alone. She wants to be nice to us. Stop being a bully and enjoy the fact our friend wants to hang out with us.”



Ana smiles and hugs the girls, “I’m just messing with ya girl, I trust ya. If Paige says you wanna hang with us then I’ll stop being a pain.”



Ana hugs Paige gently and Summer uses this as advantage to mouth out a thank you to Paige. Paige smiles and gives Summer from behind Ana’s back a thumbs up sign.



The elevator arrives with a ting as the wide metal doors open wide allowing the three women to board it. Summer feels her heart hammering against her chest. She has to tell the girls now or she’ll feel like she would be lying to them. Finally mustering all the courage in her, she faces the girls as the elevator is slowly descending them to their floor.



“Um, guys, I have to tell you something and before I finish I want you to understand why I decided to do this, k. Please don’t interrupt me as I tell you this, k.” Summer whispers, the butterflies in her stomach were racing around so quickly, Summer had to place her hand over her abdomen to relax her self. Paige and Ana stare at Summer waiting for the answer to their unheard question.



“See, this is the deal, last night I bumped into A.J. in the hallway.” Summer states.



Ana interrupts softly, “Oh boy, I know this was coming.”



Paige shushes Ana and looks back at Summer to finish.



“I was talking with him, I thought he was gonna attack, but come to find out, he was crying out for me help him and the others. He told me about Harmony and what their deal is with her. They all need our help in saving their lives. You guys! They’re slaves to a vampire queen who has a hold of their souls in a necklace. I did some research this morning while I was waiting for you guys and found out that Harmony is the first vampire, demon ever and she can claim lives. She chose Backstreet as her next project and now they do what she wants or they can lose their lives!” Summer states quickly getting some air finally after the long statement.



Paige drops her shades on the red carpeted elevator floor with a thud and stares at Summer surprised.



Ana shakes her head, “How can you think or even believe what he said. He tried to kill us last week!! And now out of the blue he comes begging for your help. That’s bull Summer and you know it! You’re a slayer, you destroy demons lives! That’s what you’ve been called to do. You just don’t stop that and join the other side! You’re a traitor if you decide this is the best way to go about it. Everyone’s lives depend on you and this is your best judgment? Summer you have no idea how strong Harmony is. No slayer has even been able to stop her! They died trying. Now that we’re this close to getting to know how to defeat day walkers, you stop and want to talk with them! I knew I should have walked with you down the hallway, my instincts were suspecting something fishy last night.” Ana angrily shouts, leaning the back of her head on the bright mahogany planks of the elevator.



Paige stands there shaking in fear, “Sum, Summer, why? How could you? I can’t believe this. You’re risking all our lives meeting them today. I don’t understand what you’re thinking agreeing to this.”



Ana adds, “Yeah, well she wasn’t thinking that’s why!” The elevator doors open and Ana grabs Paige tugging her out the elevator. Ana storms off down the hallway trying to get away from Summer.



Summer shouts, “What the hell is your problem? I’m trying to do something to help others and you just walk away. I least I thought of something, if you didn’t like the idea, why don’t you come up with something yourself. After all you’re the watcher or used to be!” Summer screams down the vacant hallway.



Ana angrily turns to face Summer, hurt by what Summer stated, she glares her bluish green eyes at her. “That hurts Summer! How dare you? I try helping you and this is what I get. I spend all my time trying to prove to you I’m on the right side proving my innocence and this is what I get. I’m trying to help you! But I can’t understand why you could do something like this?” Angry tears formed in Ana’s eyes as she states this and she tries to hold herself together. “I thought we had a real friendship here, but I guess I was only dreaming it.”



Paige interrupts, “Stop it! Both of you! I can’t believe you two are fighting against each other. We’re all in this together and I’m determined to stick this out all together. I will not allow the both of you to go your separate ways. We’ve been through too much with each other over the past week to be acting like this. Ana, let’s go talk and meet the Boys. Summer wouldn’t put us in danger. She’s the chosen one, she knows if A.J. really meant to get our help. Don’t go down her throat about this. We gotta support each other and maybe now others need our help. No matter the past, stay focus on the present, and this is it. We’ll meet them and things will work it. I’m sure of it.”



Ana shook her head gently and muttered a curse under her breathe before walking down the hallway to where the breakfast room is at. Paige stares at Ana and tells her to give Summer a hug. Ana turns her head. Paige grabs Ana and pulls her to Summer. Summer still angry about the earlier outburst stands with her arms crossed. Paige sucked her teeth and told them to stop being immature about it. Summer feels a little embarrassed getting corrected by someone younger than her and waits for Ana to hug her.



Ana blushes in embarrassment and whispers a soft “Sorry I over reacted like that” to Summer.



Summer nods her head and whispers “Sorry, I should have told you guys earlier and I didn’t mean anything about the watcher thing.”



Ana nods her head, “It’s ok, you were angry, I’m good at pushing people’s buttons.”



Summer smiles and throws her arms wide open, “Come here girl, this fight is officially over.” Ana smiles and both women hug.



Paige smiles and points to the doorway at the breakfast room, “I think they’re waiting for us, let’s go in.” The girls nod and gives Paige a hug whispering a thanks and for having the sane mind through all this. Paige laughs and places her arms on Summer’s and Ana’s shoulder. They enter the grand room and walk over to an empty large table.

~*~



Aaron yawns and stumbles down the steps with Brian right behind him. “Yo, A, you not mad ‘bout last night?” Brian asks curiously.



Aaron shakes his head as he steps into the grand breakfast hall. “Na, just dealin’ with the fact I almost died last night. That’s all.” Aaron whispers, laughing happily.



Brian laughs and grabs a seat in the back of the breakfast hall. A large oak mahogany table with ten seats scattered around it laid ready with empty plates. Nick and Kevin were already at the table with food on their plates. Aaron grabs a seat next to Brian and stares at his brother across from him. Brian silently begins eating waiting for the others to arrive.



“So.” Brian states trying to break the silence. “How’d ya sleep?”



Kevin smiles, “Well and you?”



“Good, and you Aaron?” Brian states.



“Me what?” Aaron asks confused.



“Whoa, must run in the family, We got another Nick in the group.” A.J. states suddenly appearing with a plate full of food. He pulls up a seat next to Nick as Nick glares at him.



“That’ s not funny.” Aaron states, clearing his throat.



Kevin eyes the young teen and sees Becky appearing in the doorway to the exquisite room. Becky’s dark brown curls hung in a high ponytail still wearing her uniform from earlier in the night.



Summer looks around the room and sees the guys there waiting for her and the others. She hears Ana sighs loudly as she sees the Boys.



“Know what, I’ll get the food, Paige wanna come?” Ana states.



Paige nods her head and walks over with Ana to the buffet table. Summer walks over to the table and takes a seat farthest away from the boys. A.J. smiles and whispers a thank you for coming.



“I didn’t think you were gonna make it.” A.J. whispers softly.



Summer nods her head, “You didn’t think I’d pass this up, seeing my enemy in front of me.” She states smiling as A.J. acts surprised, “Well I never!” Jokes A.J. enjoying the look on Summer’s face.



“Who else are we waiting for?” Aaron asks nervously looking around.



Summer points to buffet table where amazing cuisines were laid out showing Paige, Ana and Howie grabbing plates and ordering food.

~*~



Howie bumps into Ana’s shoulder by accident as he reaches for the same plate Ana was. Ana taken by surprise and pulled her hand away immediately in disgust. Howie stares at her for a moment before guilt washed over him.



“God Ana, I’m so sorry for what happened before. If it helps, I’m being punished for it in my life.” Howie states quietly. Paige grabbed her plate and walked away from the two talking.



Howie lowers his eyes to the ground and shakes his head. “Ana, I know you can’t forgive me. I just hope that once we can talk this out, things can be ok.”



Ana gulps, holding back tears, she hated getting emotional in front of him. He smiles and brushes his fingers down the side of her face as she shudders from his touch. “I know I can’t take back what I did to you, but I need you to help me. Free me from the spell that Harmony got us. I know you can do it.” He whispers softly.



Ana looks away and grabs a plate, “I think we should head back to the table.” She states quietly, feeling a lump in her throat. She feels upset and angry all at the same time. She wants to strike him, push a stake threw him, hug him and have him hold her all in the same time. It’s the eyes, it has to be! Ana states walking away from him.



He pulls on her arm gently and hugs her, “Please tell me you forgive me! I’m so happy to see that you’re ok. I promise I won’t hurt you!” Howie whispers loudly in her ear over the loud conversations in the large breakfast hall. She feels his strong hold on her and she wanted to push him away yet stay in his arms forever.



The tears splash down on her face as she whispers, “Man, I hate you.” She smiles as Howie wipes away her tears with some soft tissue.



“You can hate me all you want, you have my permission.” Howie states. Ana smiles and laughs for the first time with the man who last week wanted to see her dead. He grabs her hand and walks with her to the table where the others where. The meeting was about to begin and everything will be cleared up once and for all.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**