- Text Size +
LOL. I’ll talk to you guys later, enjoy this chapter and don’t forget to review. Thanks!



“Resurrection”



**~Chapter Nine- Tribulations~**



Kevin leans in his seat as the others huddle closer. Kevin runs his fingers through his raven spikes and pulls on his dark blue jeans. He tugs on his white shirt over a black leather jacket. Kevin looks around the table to see Summer, Paige, Ana, Becky, Aaron, the other four Boys and takes a deep breath.



“K, guys I’m glad we can all make it this morning, I don’t have too much time to talk due to our conflicting schedule with our management and recording. So I’ll make this quick and to the point.” Kevin whispers loudly, his deep voice vibrating down everyone’s spine. Kevin goes on to explain what Harmony is doing and what her plans are.



Brian interrupted, “Kevin, I still don’t know what we can do to lure Harmony to us.” His blue eyes wide in apprehension, he tugs on his jean jacket revealing a blue shirt beneath it. He places a piece of paper in his dark blue jeans. Kevin gazes at the youngest teenager at the table. A small smile played on his lips.



“You guys, we already have a way to get Harmony to come to us. We’ll put Aaron isolated in the park out side with us hiding and watching near by for his safety. She’ll come if she thinks he’s alone. Remember what she said, if she finds Aaron alone she’ll get him.” Kevin states eyeing the young boy who’s brown eyes shot wide open.



Aaron gets up from his seat and shakes his head, “Uh, uh. I’m not doing this. You aren’t asking what I think about all this. I’m not your bait! What the hell is going on here?! This is some kind of freak show I’m involved in, I want out!” Aaron shouts waving his hands in front of him in protest. Aaron is dressed in a long sleeve green shirt and black cargo pants while his blond locks is laying lazily on his head.



Nick stands up and grabs his younger brother by the shoulder whispering, “You have no choice, you found the journal, you’re in this now. She’ll come for you if you’re not with us. Do you wanna die? Stop being a punk and take it like a man. You’re the one wanting to grow up so now it’s your turn to prove it!”



Aaron shook in fear, “I, I can’t do this! I’m scared Nick. First I find out you’re more than just a human and that your somewhat dead to yourself. Then this Harmony girl appears wanting to claim my life over some stupid black and blue journal and now I’m some stupid guinea pig to your wack plan. NO! I don’t any part of this!” Aaron croaks out shaking in fear. Nick holds onto his brother and tries to hug him, but Aaron pushes him away. “Don’t ok, just don’t! I can’t take this. I lost my brother already. Nothing you can do can make that change!” Hisses Aaron in Nick’s face and with that, races out the breakfast hall flipping his middle finger to Nick and shouting profanity.



“Wow, Nick! I didn’t know your brother knew those words. Hey, do any of you guys know what the last curse Aaron shouted meant?” A.J. asks calmly to Summer.



Summer shakes her head in embarrassment as she explains what the last naughty word Aaron shouted means as A.J. eagerly sits there smiling the whole time.



Kevin interrupts the eerie silence that enveloped in the meeting, “K guys pay attention! Listen up! We’ve all been brought here for a reason. Brian I need you to deal with Aaron after we’re done here. He’s not speaking with Nick at this point. K, now where was I? K this is the deal, Summer, Paige, Ana and Rebecca you’ve been brought here not by choice, we all have something that brought us all together. Rebecca, …



Becky interrupts, “You can call me Becky, it’s fine I don’t mind.” Becky states her dark brown curls hung beautifully down her shoulders.



Kevin nods and smiles, “k, I’ll make a note of that, Becky. We’ve all been given some sort of power. Like you Becky, you see visions of the past, present and future. Summer is the chosen one. Paige is a day walker with a soul and conscience- girl you have control over your life and that’s respect cuz Harmony can’t find you since you got your soul. Ana you’re the watcher now. Aaron well Aaron is something too. But I feel now is not the time for it to be mentioned.” Kevin states seriously, cautiously watching the other members of the group through the corner of his eyes.



A.J. speaks up, “Why not? Ain’t nothing like the present to say what you gotta say.” A.J. states, crossing his arms over his chest. He tugs on the sleeves of his long sleeved yellow shirt and drumming his black polished nails on the side of his black jeans.



Brian whispers, “A.J. now is not the time to say anything about Aaron.” His blue eyes wide open as he nervously pulls A.J. away from the table.



Kevin continues, “Summer, listen to me very carefully. Harmony looks like someone you knew very well. Don’t be fooled by her appearance, Harmony uses bodies on Earth. No one can see her true form, except us at the moment.”



Summer nods trying to understand this, “What body is she using?” She asks nervously.



Kevin sighs, not looking in her direction, his green eyes gaze at the wall. “She’s using your friend’s body. Your former watcher.”



Paige and Ana gasps as Summer feel she mouth drop open, “NO! NO, that can’t be! That’s impossible! She’s dead, I know, I went to her funeral and saw her get buried! Don’t say this to me!” Summer shouts.



Brian and Howie pulls Summer away from the table to inform her of the details about such a thing.



Ana stares at A.J. and asks, “What if she’s listening right now? Wouldn’t we be in some major trouble?”



Paige stares around the breakfast hall examining windows to make sure that Harmony isn’t listening or anywhere near the room.



A.J. shrugs his shoulder, “Don’t need to worry ‘’bout that. She really doesn’t like daytime, she likes the night cause it’s creepy. Though we should watch out for her. She can be sneaking around here somewhere.” A.J. states quietly looking at the crowd of people that was staring at them since Aaron’s little outburst.



Kevin looks at Nick who sits silently at the end of the table his back facing them. “Nick, are you ok?” Kevin whispers with concern.



Nick looks at Kevin, his blue eyes were getting blood shot due from the crying that happened after the incident with his brother. He shakes his head and heads out the hall.



“Wait, where are you going?” Shouts Howie as Nick exits the hall. Howie shakes his head sadly as places his hand on the hem of his black windbreaker and fingers the pockets of his light blue jeans.



Kevin grabs Howie by the shoulder, “Let him be. He needs to think things out. It’s been hard on him especially knowing what Aaron really is.”



Summer annoyed with all the secrets, speaks. “Alright, all of you better start explaining now or I’m walking out. Why do I need to help you? After what you did to my friend why should I bother sympathizing with you?”



A.J. smiles, “Summer you can stop Harmony. You’ve been given the gift to kill creatures like her. I understand your resentment towards all of us. Especially you Ana. But we all gotta be a team because this is the only way to save not just us but the world! Everyone’s lives depends on you Summer and I truly believe you can do anything if you put your mind to it. Please, let’s leave the past where it belongs in the past. And don’t feel you’re doing this for us. Cause in reality you’re doing this for all the families, the children, mothers, fathers, grandparents and so on. You’re doing this for yourself. If Harmony wins she’ll claim every innocent soul alive and she’ll be even more powerful to stop. So please, I’m begging you do this and tell us you’re down with this.” A.J. states clasping his hands, pouting his lower lip out and lowering his delicate brown eyes to her.



Summer smiles, “I’ll think about it. It’s not gonna be easy though. Harmony sounds tough, but if you all believe I stand a chance then I’ll do it. But I’m not making any promises, if things get to hectic, I’ll pull out of this mission and back off. I don’t wanna die trying to save the whole world. And another thing, Kevin you said we’ve been brought together by one thing, so what is that one thing?”



Kevin bites his lower lip, “It’s Aaron. He’s the key to all of this. He’s the young soul Harmony need. If Harmony gets him, it will give her the power to enter this world as she truly is. And if she does that, no one can stop her, not even Satan himself!”



Summer’s mouth drops open as she mouths out a small profanity from her lips. “Nooo. No way. How can that be possible? You’re kidding me right Kevin?” Summer says nervously eyeing Kevin, her green eyes wide open in shock.



Kevin shakes his head, “Unfortunately no.”



Paige runs over to Summer whispering comforting words. Ana stands there nervously as she slips out the Hall, taking deep breaths, “Oh dear God, this is it. The end of the world as we know it, if Harmony gets that boy.”



Brian runs out the hall and up the stairs to watch Aaron as Ana watches all the commotion in the breakfast hall. Kevin announces the meeting over as Howie’s cell phone went off telling the guys to head to the music studio to meet with their producers.



“Listen, Summer. I’ll talk with you later. We gotta go now.” A.J. states as he and the remaining three members exit the hall.



Summer steps out of the hall with her mouth open. “This is so serious stuff I’m in now, ain’t it?” She whispers to Ana. Ana nods her head and clasps Summer’s arm for security. “Let’s go upstairs, I wanna get my mind off this. I say we go shopping. Interested?” Summer asks quietly. Ana nods and they head off to the elevator.



“Wait where’s Paige? Let’s wait for her.” Ana states looking around the hallway crowded with people.



“She’ll meet us in a few upstairs. She’s finishing eating. She’ll join us shortly.” Summer says quietly in shock as she thinks off all the information that was told to her. How was she to stop a 6,000 year old creature from coming into the world? She shakes her head and takes a deep breath as the large metal elevator doors open.

~*~



She empties her tray hurries over to the table that’s empty now. Paige let her blue grey eyes scan the table and notices someone left their credit card lying on the table. She picks it and notices it belongs to the older Carter himself. She grabs the card and walks out the hall to find Nick’s room. She crashes into Becky.



“Oh, I’m sorry, Just someone left their credit card on the table.” Paige states nervously.



Becky smiles, “I can put it in the lost and found until the owner comes for it.”



“Well I already know who it belongs to. I know I shouldn’t be asking you this. But can I personally take this credit card to the owner.” Paige whispers.



Becky smiles, her bright blue eyes examining the credit card. “I know why you wanna take it to Nick.” Laughing she whispers in Paige’s ear, “He’s staying in room 802, the first door to your left.”



Paige smiles and whispers thanks as she runs over to catch a closing elevator. The elevator makes a ting sound as it reached the eighth floor. Just like Becky had said, Paige finds the door he’s in. Knocking lightly on the large mahogany door, she waits for it to open. After a few minutes, she decided to just slip the card beneath the door. She knells down and tries shoving the card through the bottom of the door but the door had a thin bottom and the card wasn’t able to go through it. Frustrated, she knocks again and notices the door creeks opens. Surprised, she pushes the door open and steps into the room. She gazes around the expensive suite in awe. She walks on the white carpet and decides to place the card on a dresser. The room had a large entertainment system in the center and black leather sofas circle the large screen television. She notices a drum set in the corner of the room and his clothes were thrown on the bed carelessly next to open large black leather suitcase. She sighs and stares around the room looking for Nick.



She sees Nick sitting in the corner of the room with his legs drawn up to his chest. He has his eyes close and his head is on his knees. His blond locks are in spikes as he buries his head on his knees. He’s wearing beige cargo pants and a white t-shirt.



“Nick, Nick. What’ s wrong?” Paige asks softly approaching the man in the corner of the room.



“Everything is going wrong, everything I do always goes wrong. It’s my fault my brother hates me.” Nick mumbles, his eyes still close not looking at her.



Paige smiles painfully and touches Nick on his shoulder, “This is all new for all of us. I can’t even relate to what you’re dealing with.”



Nick smirks as he opens his blue eyes, “I figured you’d be the last person I would be talking to. Paige, can you imagine what it’s like to lose one’s life? You had a choice to keep your life. I didn’t. Harmony took mine as well as the other guys and I did nothing to stop her. You hate me don’t ya?”



Paige shakes her head and places her hand on his face stopping a tear from going down his face. “I know about Harmony and I hate your actions but I can never say I hate you. I don’t know you like that to say I hate you.”



“But you still despise me though?” Nick whispers, sniffing, holding back tears. He suddenly pushes Paige away from him. “Don’t take pity on me. I don’t need this.” His voice comes out gruff.



Paige moves away from Nick and smiles, “I know you feel everything is going downhill since that time, but Summer, Ana and I are gonna make sure you get back your normal life again. I’ll leave you alone now. I don’t wanna be a pain staying longer. I just brought back your credit card, you left it downstairs. You gotta be careful with stuff like that, if I wasn’t a nice person I would have used that card.”



At that remark, Nick smiles, “Lucky you’re nice huh?”



Paige nods her head, “Don’t worry ‘bout your brother. He’ll talk with you later. He’s just scared, don’t push your relationship with him, it’ll only scare him farther away. Just be a brother for now. I think that’s all he wants right now.”



Paige heads back to the door to leave but turns around when Nick calls her name out.



“What?” Paige asks as she turns to face Nick.



“Thanks” Nick says softly, his blue eyes lit up.



“No problem, you’re welcome.” Paige states as she opens the door and steps out the room.



Nick walks over to the king size bed and throws himself face down on the bed hoping to get a nap, maybe at least for an hour or so he can forget about his messed up lifestyle and think of times when killing was only on TV and not done by him.

~**~



**~TO BE CONTINUED…~**