- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
First chapter. Here we go...
Summer vacations. 8yrs old Brian Littrell ran home from his bus stop as fast as he could. Which was really fast. He was known to be very athletic. That was one thing about himself that he was really proud of. Being sportive meant his only way of being acknowledged by at last some guys in his school. Due to his social status with his single mom and their residence in a district where most of his schoolmates weren’t even allowed to go Brian always had problems finding and keeping friends.

Not even a little bit out of breath, he reached the front entrance of the mean house he and his mom rent a small apartment in the third of 6 floors in. He opened the unlocked front door and did not even try to use the elevator since he knew it would be broken as usual.

Taking two steps at a time he reached their apartment door within seconds. Brian knew at once that something was very wrong. The door was not locked. His mom never forgot to lock the door when she left for work after he had left for school. His mom was working as a dental assistant at a local dentist who was the only dentist in the district having non insured patients two times a week.

Brian hesitated for a moment. Calling the police would help nothing. Policemen weren’t fancying this part of the town. They would come. Sure they would. But when? He knew his mom was still at work. She never came back early.

Brian took a deep breath. He opened the door to find himself in a mess that used to be their living room. He noticed at one that the old TV was missing as well as the small stereo set his mom had given him for his birthday. Dishes and glasses were shattered on the floor, along with papers and documents. Brian carefully walked through the mess trying to avoid stepping onto one of the many broken pieces of glass.

He entered the small kitchen finding the same sight. Everything seemed to be broken. Cupboards had been pulled open so hard that their doors were hanging loosely or were torn off.

Tears build up in Brian’s eyes when he entered his bedroom. It was small, but his mom had done everything to make it Brian’s favourite place in the world. Know his mattress was ripped open. The walls he and his mom had painted together drawing Mickey and Donald onto it was sprayed this red and blue ink saying “You suck”. His toys had been broken and thrown around and his favourite toy of all, and old looking and single-eared stuffed bear named “Chuck” had lost his head and some legs and arms. Brian was not sobbing but tears streamed down his cheeks. He picked up Chuck’s head and cuddled it in his arms sitting down next to what used to be his wardrobe. Chuck was all he had left from his father and brother. Chuck had been a gift from both of them when Brian was just born. Brian could not remember his father of brother. Most time he did not even wanted to.

His parents got divorced when Brian was just 3yrs old. Brian never knew why his parents did not get along anymore and he had hardly ever asked his mother. Every time Brian asked questions about his father or brother, his mom would become really sad and Brian could hear her cry at night when she thought he was asleep. His brother had stayed with his father since he had already been in school, having friends and stuff. His mother took Brian along. They left their home town Lexington in Kentucky for good and settled in Detroit. No contact had been made ever since. Not even when Brian fall seriously ill two years ago. Doctors found a hole in his heart and he had almost died from a infection he had gotten. His mother had stayed with him all the time which caused her to loose her good paid job at a high profile dentist in middle town. They hat to move since their old apartment had been to expensive for his moms now low wages.

Suddenly he heard a noise from the front door of their apartment. Brian held his breath. Were the burglars coming back? What would they do if they found him here? Everything was quiet. For seconds not a single noise could be heard.
Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what ya think!