- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
okay, sorry for the lack of updates. I'll try my best to make it up to you :)
„Tell her! Tell her!“ his mind was screaming.

“You would ruin your mothers happiness. Remember how happy she looked when they left?” another voice in his head said firmly.

“Brian!” Lucy snapped her fingers in front of Brian’s face.

He still hesitated. He looked into Lucy’s worried face. He knew he had to come up with something, or simply tell the truth.

“You won’t tell mom, okay?” he noticed his voice was barely more than a whisper. He was sure he shouldn’t do this, but in his head, a decision had been made.

Now Lucy seemed to be really concerned. “Please Bri. Tell me.”

“I…I was running around here playing Batman when I slammed into the door with my shoulder. I can’t tell mom. Please. She’ll phone ten doctors and will put me in bed for the rest of my holidays.” He was crying by now.

“Show me your shoulder please, Bri.” Lucy was relieved that nothing too serious was wrong with Brian. On the other hand she wasn’t sure whether she really shouldn’t tell Jackie about Brian’s accident.

“It happens” she thought and Brian was right. Ever since Brian had been that sick some years ago Jackie was over protective with her son. Okay, she had her reasons. The doctors had been telling her to make funeral arrangements since her son had a zero percent chance of living.

Brian had removed his shirt. Judy gasped when she saw the big blue and purple bruise on the small boys shoulder.

“Don’t tell her!” Judy looked into those deep blue eyes of her best friends son.

“It’s just a bruise. Okay, it is a big bruise. But nevertheless.“ Judy thought and smoothed the blond hair. “I won’t tell her.”

Brian was not yet satisfied with her answer. “Promise.” he plead.

“I promise that I’m not going to tell her!” Judy smiled and got up from her space on the couch.

“I’ll get some ice for you. It’ll help.”


They played another round of their board game until Brian couldn’t suppress a yawn and Judy made him go to bed.

Brian did not want to, but he never argued with his mom or Judy about something he should do. He normally just did it. And he was quite sure Judy hadn’t totally bought his shoulder story, so he did not want to make her any more suspicious about him.

So Brian brushed his teeth, chanced into his pyjamas and lied down. He could hear Judy sitting in the living room reading when she turned a page of her book or drank something. He felt save having her around. She was nice, although she had brought Frank around.

Frank. He knew he was save here with Judy around. But his mother? What if Frank hurt his mother? He did not have a father or any other family.

He would wait until Frank and his mother would be back. He wanted to be sure she was alright.

While he was waiting for their return lying there in his bed in the dark room, the room where Frank had shown him what he was able to do, he made a promise to himself.

Frank could do whatever he wanted to with him. But Brian would make sure that Frank would never harm his mother.