- Text Size +
Story Notes:
**Due to an accidental selection, I have to re-post this story. It was known that I had CH 11 posted twice, and I erased it...along with chapters 1-10.

EDIT: All the chapters are re-posted for your viewing pleasure. :)
The sun begins to set over the California horizon; the sky was a vibrant baby blue, but now it's stricken with strands of teal, orange and purple. It was like a painting, and I wish I took a few photos of it.

I sit in my car, listening to the radio; hearing Seal's “Kiss from a Rose” ring throughout the corridors always made me feel good. I sing along with him as I started the car, making my way towards home.

I look over at the sands of Sunstar Beach and instantly enjoyed the sights; the evening sky simply made the sands attractive with its tertiary glow.

Why should I worry about not having someone to hold, to caress, when the beige sands are there for me to wander in? I guess, in a way, life isn't so bad when I have these things, and when I think about it, I'm not really alone.

Summer had finally arrived, my favorite season of all. To enjoy it fully, I let all of my windows down as I drive past the beach and intake the sweet smell of the warm air and the ocean. It was invigorating. The sky's colors start to fade, and it saddens me a little, quickly perked up that I'll get to see it again tomorrow night.

Something tells me to stop the car and bury my feet into the sands. So I decided to do so. I park my car by a blue and orange flagpole and got out the car.

My sandals were thrown to the back of the car, as was my cap. The shore was calm; there were no waves, so I was able to lie in it, having nature take me away to bliss.

I lie on my back, and close my eyes, feeling the warm wind waft through my hair and slip into my skin. “Oh...this is heavenly…”

I say to no one at all; I was so engulfed by nature, I made sand angels. They didn't last, for the wind's current washed through the sands causing each angel I made to disappear.

I lay on the sand motionless for a moment just wanting to hear the water clash upon nearby rocks and such.

Everything's upside down now; the faint moonlight cascading down the warm ocean floor as the soft, subtle waves clash against the rocks and a man lying against it.

Wait. What?

I quickly sit up and get a closer look at what I thought I saw, and sure enough, it was somebody washed up onto shore. ”Oh, my God...” I mutter to myself, and I run to the person's aide.

Before the ocean enveloped him again in its watery embrace, I grabbed him by the legs and pull him back onto the sands.

As he lies there motionless, I straddle his legs, and try to pump life back into him. I get a closer look at him; lifeless he seemed, but I was stricken with enthusiasm to wake him up.

I lean down, and press my lips on his, performing amateur CPR. Compressing his chest and continuously breathing life back into him wasn't working at all, but I was still determined to do everything I can. Everything was happening so fast at the point, but I didn't care.

He gasps for air sharply, and he coughed heavily...he was alive. I got off of him and landed on my knees, looking him over again. He sat up fast and turned to me with a weak smile written on his face. “You saved me...thank you so much,” he said while still trying to clear his air passages.

“It was the least I can do...” “I thought...I thought I was a goner. The last thing I remember was swimming around in the water, and I ended up here....I can't remember much else...” he held his head, shaking it lightly trying to jar his memory back in place.

“Come to think of it...” I crawled back to him, “What?” “I don't remember much of anything...I...” he clenched his strands of dark brown into his pruny hands and growled lightly. I crawl faster towards him and hold the sides of his arms. “God, I have a headache…”

“Did...you lose your memory...?” he looks onto me with his emerald colored eyes, clouded with confusion. “Yes....I don't remember anything...I don't even know who I am...” I turn his face to mine, and flash him a promising smile.

“Maybe I can help retrieve your memory, if you'll let me, that is.” He nodded in affirmation, and then touched my leg.

For some reason, my body was on fire when he touched me. “I want you to...because you saved my ass out there...please help me…” he then, out of desperation, pulled me close and held me tight as if I was to leave him where he sat.

Never.