- Text Size +
It was the next day, and I still lay there in bed. My eyes were to the ceiling and my thoughts were towards him; a beginning ritual of sorts now.

When I first woke up, my mind shot to what happened last night immediately. He was about to kiss me…but I ran off like an imbecile. Why on earth did I do that?

Did I want him to deep down? Yes. Was I scared in the fact that he was going to press his lips against mine? Hell yes. I guess the deal with me is, we barely know one another, and it’ll be VERY difficult to fall in love with a stranger.

While I’m still in thinking mode, I hear my door being rapped upon by ones fist; Kevin’s fist.

“Nat…? Are you up? I need to talk to you.” I sat up and look over at the door. Should I open it and let him explain what the hell happened last night? Maybe I should, but now I’m not so sure. Great, now I’M the one dragging shit out of my mouth for no apparent reason.

“Nathalie?” I open the door and look up at him. Fresh from waking up (seeing that he didn’t change clothes; he just fell asleep on the couch last night without giving the king sized bed in the guest room a second thought), he stepped back, waiting for me to say something…anything.

“You’re right, Kevin…we do need to talk.” “May I come in?” Sighing inwardly, I step aside to let him in and close the door. “I’m…I’m sorry for what I did, or was about to do. It’s just…” “It’s just what, Kev?”

He sat down on a wooden blue chair, folded his hands between his legs and looked up at him with confusion misted in his eyes. “It’s just that I hate being alone…ya know?” “So do I…but I think…it was a bit fast.” He looked down at the ground; I could tell that he was feeling ashamed about what happened last night.

“Next time…I’ll only do it if you let me…” he then slowly raises his head up to meet my face. “What?” I say to him, before he got up to meet me in the middle of the room. “I said I’ll only kiss you if you want me to. Look, I know we just met…but—“I put my finger to his lips and shake my head.

“Don’t say it, Kevin…not yet. I can’t…do this right now.” He held the sides of my arms…gently squeezing them with his strong hands. “I’m sorry if I seemed too fast for your pace, Nat. Find it in your heart to forgive me?” I had to force myself to look up at him, because deep down, he was too gorgeous.

“I don’t see the reason for you to apologize, Kevin…it’s fine. I guess I’m not over--““Marsh?” I nod. “I mean, I’m over him, it’s just that I don’t want a repeat of what happened between me and him, ya know?” He smiles in agreement. “I know; and that’s the last thing you need right now, right?”

“Exactly…”

He lets my arms go, and I back up a little. “How about I make you dinner tonight? What are you in the mood for?” He stood there with his finger curled around his chin, and his eyes upward to the ceiling. “Hmm…how are you at making chili?” “Uh…not so good, I’m afraid.”

“Tell ya what: how about we go to the store and get the ingredients and I can help you out? I can remember how to make my mom’s homemade chili.” I smile at him and pat his arm, “At least some of your memory is coming back, which is great!”

“Yeah…great…”

He didn’t know how long he was going to keep it up. He didn’t want her to know of his past, but at the same time he didn’t want to lie to her.

He loved Nathalie too much to ruin any bond they’ve grown to have.

Brian and the other three men were still in a hotel room fresh from a press conference. Instantly noticeable that Kevin wasn’t present, Howie mentioned to the press that he had the flu, and was too weak to attend it. Hopefully that’ll ward off any suspicion by fans that this was the second conference that he missed.

Brian didn’t want anyone to be worried about him, but at the same time, wished that everyone would mind their own business…

“I mean, what should I tell them? ‘Oh, yeah, Kevin’s fine; he’s just out screwing off with some brunette hussy?’ The media would REALLY love us then. I can see the headline on the National Enquirer now: ‘Kevin Richardson: The Backstreet Boy Toy.’ This can NOT fall upon the media’s ears. No one outside the circle should know of what he’s become.”


“Yo, Brian, you ok?” he looked over at Nick who was drinking a diet Pepsi. “No, I’m not alright…” he got up, walked up towards the window and sighed. “I found Kevin.” Nick nearly dropped his drink when he heard the great news. “You found him? Really? That’s great!” “But where the hell is he, Rok?” Alex asked him while walking into the room.

“He’s…he’s with someone at the moment…another woman to put it blatantly.”

“…what do you mean, ‘another woman’, Frick?” Nick asked intrigued. “I saw Kevin and some woman talking near an alleyway…”

Alex scratched his head, “So, you what does that have to do with him not being here? I would be with another woman too, if I was him. His wife is such a nag.”

“And I agree with you, AJ, but what he’s doing is wrong, and he knows that!” “Then why don’t we go to this chick’s house and tell him that to his face?” “Because the place she’s in was an apartment complex, so we don’t know which room she’s in,” Howie stated and sat back down on the couch.

Nick looks back up at Brian, seeing that he’s pacing the floor with his hands in his pockets. “Does Kristin know?” “I haven’t told her yet. I don’t think it’s my place to.” “You’re right,” said Howie while grabbing his coat.

Brian stopped in his tracks.

“Where are you going?” “I’m not going to stand here and watch a marriage fall apart. I’m going to that complex and confront him.” “Howie, we’re not going yet, and neither should you. We’re going to wait it out,” the worried southerner stated as he sat back down on the bed.

Howie, feeling defeated, sets his coat back on the chair’s armrest and leans against the wall with his head tilted upward.

“How long, Brian? How long do we have to wait?”

“Just one more night. Maybe then he’ll realize what he’s doing, come back to us, and spill.”

If only they knew Kevin’s plan.