- Text Size +
Another day has gone by, and it’s been over a month since Kevin’s ‘disappearance’. The only people that knew where he was were his three best friends and his disappointed cousin. Brian sat in the den at his apartment not far from where his cousin in law was located and waited for her arrival.

His fingers lightly rapped upon the wooden armrest of the couch and he looked up at the clock; even the ticking made him edgy. Why? Because one only knows what Kristin was capable of once he tells her what’s going on. He didn’t tell her sooner, because he didn’t feel it was his place to tell her such things; that it was between a cheating husband, and a worrisome wife.

The front door opened and closed, and a soft holler soon followed. “Brian?” “In here.” Soon, he saw Kris walk into the den; when she saw his position and facial expression, she knew quickly that something wasn’t right.

“What’s going on, Brian?” With his hands folded between his legs and his eyes shifting up towards her, he finally breaks the ill-gotten silence that fell upon the room.

“It’s about Kevin.” Tears immediately fell from her stark brown eyes and onto the carpeted floor. She was frightened to ask of his whereabouts, but she wanted to know; no matter how good or bad the outcome. “We found him…he’s--““Oh, my God…no…”

Brian looked up at her and raises his eyebrow up. “What, you think he’s dead? I can assure you that he isn’t.” Kristin let out a sigh or relief as she places her hand upon her chest.

“Thank God for that…I swear I don’t need that mess right now.” “Huh.” “Now that I know he’s not dead, where the hell is he?” he stood up and walked up to her with his bottom lip pursed in-between his teeth. “Last I saw him he was at an apartment complex…nesting it up with some brunette woman.”

She felt frigid.

“…what? Ke….Kevin’s cheating on me? Why?” “I don’t know, ok? All I know is that me and Howie saw him and the other woman outside getting very close. The problem is we don’t know which room they’re in.” “You didn’t ask anybody inside?!” she screeched and he backed up a little.

“I didn’t want to cause a scene, or be seen. We also didn’t want the media finding out about this. It’s no one else’s business but ours.” “So…you didn’t call the police if he was truly missing? You are such an idiot!” “AND DO YOU WANT THE MEDIA UP YOUR ASS IF WE DID?!” she stood down as he finally blew up in front of his cousin’s arrogant wife.

“At least people would have known, Littrell…” “No. It’s so that YOU can find out, and hoard the attention for yourself! Ever since I’ve known you, you’ve been such the media whore. I never liked you. I swallowed every negative thought I’ve had for you just to save face for Kevin…”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” “Woman, you know EXACTLY what I’m talkin’ about. You never really loved him; you’re only around to mooch off of him every chance you got. In fact, that’s the only reason you married him.”

She shook her head, desperately telling him that what he’s saying is not the truth. She loved Kevin…well, the idea of him; part of what Brian said was part true, that she was there for the money and fame.

She was nothing before she met him, and now she’s close to a something as she can get while being at his side. She didn’t want her ‘mooching’ side to come out whatsoever, but to have Brian see it in a blink of an eye was just phenomenal; he read his ‘cousin in law’ like a book.

“If you really love that man, stay here so you can confront him.” “Stay here? Why can’t we just go over there?” “Just listen to me; I know what I’m doing. You just…try to be interested in what he’s done; we all know that you don’t really care what he does.”

“That’s not true.” “Really now? Enlighten me, Willits.”

“I really do care for him…now. He showed me things no one else did, and that was outside the glitz and the glamour. He showed me Kevin Richardson, not Kevin the Backstreet Boy. And now that he’s with another…I don’t know what I’ll do without him.”

“Are you practicing for the Golden Globes?”

She clasped onto his collar, tears beginning to fall down her face again. “You don’t understand, Brian...I love him. I can’t live without him, ok? I know I’ve made mistakes in the past; I know I blew him off in front of my friends…but I’ve changed since then, I really have! And if you don’t believe me, then I can’t change how you feel either.”

Kristin lets him go and hangs her head down. She was sure that she could never get through to him, not right now. He’s too stubborn to listen to reason at times, but at this point, he was too stubborn to listen to her at all.

“Fine. You don’t have to believe me. I’ll…I’ll just go, alright?” I grabbed my purse and proceeded to leave his house. Feeling as if my sleeve was caught on a loose nail, I felt something tug at me. Brian’s hand was wrapped around my upper arm, and pulled me back to him.

“You had better not be lyin’ to me, Kris, or so help me God…” I shook my head profusely as he tightened his grip on my arm. “I swear, I’m not lying to you…just bring him back home.”