- Text Size +
Chapter 4
I sighed, finally turning my computer off, not knowing why any ideas for any stories weren’t coming to my head. Just another dry spell, I guess. I jumped, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket.

“Hello?”

“Are you questioning who this is?”

“Sorry Bri. I didn’t check my caller id.”

“What were you doing?”

“I was sitting at my computer. But, I just shut it off and was on my way to do…nothing I guess.” He laughed and I had to smile, for he was beyond cute.

“Listen, AJ wanted me to call you and say again how sorry we are that we couldn’t make it out there this weekend.”

“You all need to stop, really. I mean, I can understand. You guys are busy, and your world does not revolve around us, no matter how badly we may want it to be.”

“That’s…hey, can you hold on. Nick is calling me over.”

“Yeah, sure, take your time.” I put the phone between my ear and shoulder and leaned back in my chair, almost falling as someone picked up the line.

“Theresa?”

“Howie?”

“The one and the only. How you doin’ girl?”

“I’m fine. How are you?”

“Great, couldn’t be better.”

“Did you take the phone from Brian?”

“Eh, well, maybe.” I smiled, turning in my seat to see Brittani and Adrianna right there, both of them with their arms crossed, glaring at me. “Listen, ya wouldn’t mind if I texted ya, would ya?”

“Nah, why should I?”

“Well, weren’t you into AJ?” I had to stop myself from laughing. Not just at him, but at the girls. They were looking down right pissed.

“I never claimed him as mine.”

“Well, to break your poor girl’s heart, he’s calling you, his own.” I blushed, which only made the girls give me death looks.

“He hasn’t said anything to me.” Howie chuckled on the other side and quickly grew quite. “Aight, I’m getting the signal here to hang up the phone. But, the reason B-Rok was calling to say we should be out soon, like maybe next weekend and we did want to hook up. Meet you, and these little terrors that both of them were telling us about.”

“Trust me, Howie, you have no idea.” The girls rolled their eyes this time.

“Well, hope you ladies have a wonderful night and I’ll text you when I’m not getting glares from my best friend here.”

“You do that. Tell everyone hi. Later D.” With that, I quickly slapped my phone shut and looked at the girls. “Yes?”

“That was Howie?”

“Well, Brian called, got side tracked and D picked up the phone.”

“And you were flirting with him?”

“Brit, you’re 10, you don’t know what that is.” She gave me a rather pointed look and I had to stop myself from smiling. “No, there was no flirting; only talking.”

“Right, I’m the tooth fairy.”

“Let me give you to some advice, Adrianna. I don’t need the ‘tude, the pointed stares, or the glaring. I’m in charge of you, and I can certainly punish you to any degree I want. I’m telling you; from here on out, you behave. I might just be that bitchy aunt that neither of you want, do I make myself clear?”

“Yes auntie,” both of them said in unison.

“Great, now than, what shall we have for lunch?”

-----
CountryAngel: Didn’t think I’d see you online anytime soon.

D.J.AngelEyes: Oh my gosh, I can’t get my computer. I’m thinking I might have to get my own laptop or something.

CountryAngel: I’m thinking. I see Brit pop online and I log off.

D.J.AngelEyes: *huge smile* you have no idea. They don’t leave me alone. I’m thankful I log under a different name on my computer. They would see my stories and all hell would break loose.

CountryAngel: LOL.

D.J.AngelEyes: This is not funny. Anyways, Bri called me, said…well, D said that they were planning on coming out this weekend, so you need to make a trip.

CountryAngel: I’ll see what I can do. How’s the latest D story coming along?

D.J.AngelEyes: You just have to be kidding. D’s actually being an ass. He just doesn’t want to come out and play these days. I’ve been more into Nicky.

CountryAngel: Maybe that’s why Nick doesn’t want to play. I’m telling ya, that fine ass boy, and all my pictures that I have up, he’s just not being nice!

D.J.AngelEyes: You’re telling me. It’s not fair. Sometimes…can you hold on? Adrianna is calling me.

CountryAngel: Sure, just holler when you’re back.

I stepped away from the computer and ran upstairs, never seeing Brit quickly race over to the computer, not just saving that conversation, but printing it.