- Text Size +
"Jordan, can you please come up here and show the rest of the dancers how I would like it done. The routine isn't that hard guys, Jordan picked it up perfectly, come one girl, show them," the choreographer, Jackie, stated.

Shit. She didn't even appear to have noticed the tension that seemed to enter the room with her statement, but I noticed. Shit. I just wanted to be invisible and here I was, being called to the front of the class. Not because I sucked, but because apparently everyone else did. Shit.

So, what else could I do, I went to the front of the room and did my thing, not caring that I could feel the eyes of the other girls digging holes into my back. I just danced. And it was at that moment when the "Guys" walked in. You know who I am talking about, the Backstreet Boys, including Nick who made me want to do things I know for a fact have to be illegal in every state, and made me feel things I never wanted to feel again. So there I was dancing my heart out, trying now to not focus on the fact that I could feel a certain pair of eyes digging a hole into my back for a completely different reason. After I was finished I kept my head down and walked to my spot in the room, next to Bottle-Job Blondie (who to my surprise made it) and a little red-headed girl that was about as remarkable as I was, but had better hair.

"Everyone, Jordan can do it. I know you guys can to. We want this tour to be different, not only about sexuality, but about talent and creativity. Jordan has it. She isn't thrusting her boobs out for the world to see, or dancing like she needs a stripper pole. Please, just forget about how sexy you are and just dance. You were picked because you were talented, not because you had a nice rack or ass", with that stated Jackie told us to take five while she went and talked some things over with the guys.

During her whole speech I tried not to laugh. The only one of us, besides myself, who didn't look like they belonged in a porno was the red-headed girl I was dancing next to. Besides Bottle-Job Blondie (whose real name is Candi, of all things), there was Fake and Bake Girl (whose real name is Brandi), Chiclets Girl (whose real name I cant remember because every time she talks I can only stare at her teeth and try not to laugh), and five other girls who were chosen as back-up to the back-up dancers who followed pretty much the same pattern. And every one of them was whispering and looking my way. Shit. I tried to stay invisible to these girls. And appearance wise that was easy, you would never even look at me because you were either to busy fantasizing about the others, or thinking up some real nasty, but funny jokes about them. Dance wise was a little harder to achieve then I had originally planned.

And my life got even more complicated when You-Know-Who decided that right now, in the middle of all this Hate on Jordan fun, to come talk to me.

"Hi, I'm Nick", Nick stated like it was the most natural thing in the world to walk up to someone and introduce yourself. Like he wasn't a Backstreet Boy and this wasn't a room full of females all wishing they could be the one to fuck him on this tour.

"Hi, I'm Jordan, nice to meet you", at which I started to fiddle with my I-Pod which I had out and was trying to use to keep out the hatred and negativity. I had hoped that would be the end of this totally embarrassing day, he would go off and find someone better to talk to which wouldn't give them more ammo to hate on me.

"What are you listening to?" Nick asked. He didn't sound like he was trying to get me killed, like this was amusing to him and he would get a play-by-play later in the evening about what kind of hell I was in, no he just sounded interested, and a little insecure which made him all the more adorable.

Shit.

"Nothing much, just trying to waste time until this is all over and I can go back to my room and relax in the AC," I said trying to sound calm and collected, but instead I was screaming for him to go away and never talk to me again, and to come back to my room and enjoy the AC naked with me.

"Yea, it is hot as hell in here. I think Jackie does it to torture us to get it right the first time around. Keep us miserable so we know the sooner we have it right the sooner we can leave". I hate him. He is the most gorgeous guy I have ever talked to, and probably the one person who can make me go back on the vow I made myself in New York. Well, that wasn't happening. I was going to nip this in the bud right now. No more flirting, no more talking. I was here to do a job, and once that was done it was Hasta La Vista Baby. No more dance. No more gorgeous men to sidetrack me.

"Yea, well, I think Jackie just excused everyone for the day, so have a nice night". And I thought that would be the end of it. Goes to show you how much I know.

"Yea, hey, do you think I could come to your room later and enjoy some of that AC with you?"

Shit.