- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first ever fan fic written in 2009. Last night (08/14/2011) I started re-writing this. I shifted from horribly written third person POV to hopefully better First person POV. I hope you'll like this.
AJ’s POV

"We're here."

I heard Brian informed us while looking at the passenger seat where his wife, Leighanne and son, Baylee were sitting.

"Finally." I said while putting on my sunglasses "What a long drive."

I grabbed my bag and stepped out of the car, the rest of the guys followed me.

“I think I should be the one complaining since I am the one who drove for couple of hours from the airport. “ Brian said with a smile

“I am not complaining, Rok. I just stated the obvious.”

"Do you think it was a right decision to leave our bodyguards? Will it be safe for us to stroll around this town?" Howie asked while looking at his pregnant wife, Leigh.

"Don't worry, Howie, Jen said no one in this town knows about the backstreet boys, so you're pretty much like just regular guys here." Leighanne explained while helping Baylee carry his backpack.

We all looked around, there was a small convenience store across the street and I silently wished it has everything we’ll need in our two weeks stay here. Except for our car, there were only three cars on the street which means we won't deal with traffic for the next two weeks, I smiled at that thought. Few people were passing by and no one gave us a second look, which would never happen if we were in another town. It was a small and quiet town, just what we really need right now. I smiled when I saw Howie reached for his wife's hand and held it tight.

"So, where are we staying?" I asked as I pulled out my pack of cigarettes from my pocket. I opened it and tried to light one cigarette but I stopped when I saw Baylee looking at me. I slightly shrugged my shoulders and put the cigarettes back to my pocket and smiled at Brian’s mini version. The cute little boy smiled back.

"There." Brian pointed at the two-storey house in front of them. "That matches the description Jen gave yesterday. She said it has three beedrooms in the second floor."

"Three? Does it mean I have to share a room with Nick?"I looked at Nick over my shoulder and saw him wearing a you-can't-do-anything-about-it smile. Nick laughed out loud when I rolled my eyes.

"I told you, Alex, get married too so you won't have to share rooms with me anymore." Nick teased

I felt a sudden pain in my heart. I was thankful my sunglasses were covering my eyes or everyone would have seen the pain I was feeling. I was really sensitive when it comes to that topic, I was so close of proposing to the love of my life. But she left me.

"You know, I still can't believe a place like this exist." Nick said while slowly shaking his head, I knew he was desperately trying to change the topic. I saw Howie and Brian gave him a curious look.

"I mean, are you sure no one here knows about us? They won't recognize who we are? They have no idea how big we are? Is that really possible?" Nick continued.

"Whatever, Carter!" Howie answered with a smile

“Come on, we’re famous! Right, J?”

I tapped his shoulder and gave him a warm smile, hoping he would get the message that everything’s fine. He knew Nick was trying his best to change his mood. Nick might be the youngest but he has his own ways of making sure everybody’s Ok. He nodded.

We noticed a long wooden table and six wooden chairs in the porch when we reached the front door. Brian smiled and pointed at the table "That would be perfect for our daily meeting."

Everyone nodded in agreement. The management gave us two weeks to come up with at least three or four brand new songs. They told us that the fans wanted to hear songs that were written by us and expecting it on the next album. That ain’t easy but we will do everything we could for them.

Howie opened the front door and we all went in. I looked around the house, there was a small living room in the right, a kitchen and a bathroom. Though everything was tidy the house looked as though it hadn't be updated in years. The house was nothing compared to our elegant and big houses in LA and some other cities but they I feel very comfortable here. This was one of the rare moments where I can be just me.

"Daddy, I'm hungry."I heard Baylee told his dad. Brian looked at his watch, I did the same and realized it has been four hours ago since we ate.

"Ok, baby." Brian said softly while touching Baylee's cheeks "Let's just get our bags inside our room and we'll find something to eat."

"I saw a diner down the street." Nick informed the group

"Are you coming with us, Howie?" Brian asked Howie

"Leigh?" Howie asked his wife

"I'm a bit tired I want to rest first." She answered while touching her tummy

"I'll just buy our food later you guys go ahead" Howie told Brian "How about you Alex? are you going with them?"

"No. I'm not yet hungry and I want to take a nap. I'm tired too" I lied down to the couch, yawned and close my eyes.

"Ok. then let's go. just a reminder Bone, Jen said there is no McDonalds here" I heard Nick laughed before closing the door.