- Text Size +
RACHEL’s POV

I stared at AJ and Alexis who were both sleeping at my bed. I made sure that they would be sleeping when I came home. I didn’t want to deal with more drama. It has been a week since that dramatic confrontation in the kitchen and I was thankful AJ gave me the space I needed. He didn’t talked to me unless he really needed to or if it was about Alexis.

For the past week we had been a family in my son’s eyes. Every morning AJ would beat me in preparing breakfast. AJ and Alexis would bring me lunch in my office and every night there would be dinner for me in the table with a sweet note from AJ and Alexis. It has been the happiest week for Alexis and it hurts to think it would all end tonight.

Tomorrow morning AJ and the rest of the boys would leave the town to start their new world tour for the Unbreakable album. Brian has tried talking me out in letting Alexis come with them on tour. I had been thinking hard about that. I wanted Alexis to spend more time with his father but I was worried about it. Leighanne promised me she’d take care of Alexis whenever the boys were on stage or interviews. I knew that Leighanne, Brian and most importantly AJ, would take good care of Alexis. But living in two suitcases can be abit crazy sometimes and Alexis was not used to that kind of life. He might find it difficult in the road and I won’t be there to assist him, but his father would be.

I sighed heavily before getting my son’s backpack and my travelling bag. I started packing Alexis’ clothes, personal stuff, his favourite toys, DVDs and everything he might need for the next two months of being with his father. I have spent three years with Alexis and AJ was asking for only two months, how selfish can I be? I smiled after packing all Alexis’ stuff, I bent over to kiss Alexis’ cheeks and I saw AJ opened his eyes. He was awake the whole time I was packing.

“Thank you.”

AJ whispered and smiled at me. He was so gorgeous I had to control myself from kissing him too. I just nodded then turned around to get out of the room. I had to move quickly or I won’t be able to control myself anymore, and I would ran back to AJ’s arms. AJ stopped me from closing the door, I didn’t notice he got out of bed. He stared at me and started brushing my cheeks with the back of his hand. He looked straight into my eyes.

“You are so beautiful.” He whispered. His fingers touched my lips.

I was breathless and I felt my knees were getting weak. I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop AJ if he would try to kiss me. I wanted him to kiss me. I needed him. I closed my eyes and savor the moment. He moved his face closer to mine.

“I wanted to do this the first time I saw you again.”

His lips touched mine. He kissed me sweetly and passionately. It felt like we wanted to make up for all those wasted years. His hands started to travel around my body but I slightly pushed him away when I felt like someone was staring at us. I looked over my shoulder and I saw Alexis sitting up in bed. I blushed. I walked back inside the room.

“Go back to sleep, baby, it’s only 11 pm.”

I said while helping Alexis lie down again, I tucked him in “I’ve got a surprise for you tomorrow, so you better go back to sleep now because you’ll be needing a lot of energy tomorrow.”

Alexis smiled before he closed his eyes. I stood up and walked towards the door, AJ was still at the door, he was smiling.

“Good night, AJ.” I said as I walked past him.

“Good night, baby.”

I made sure I woke up earlier than AJ the next morning. It would be my turn to prepare breakfast. I checked on AJ and Alexis first, they were still asleep. I smiled when I saw how tight Alexis held on his father. I carried the backpack and the travelling bag downstairs and placed it in the living room. I went to the kitchen and started cooking breakfast. After an hour I heard AJ and Alexis laughing as they walked into the kitchen. I smiled and greeted them.

“Good Morning, Boys.”

“Morning, mom!” I bent over so Alexis could kiss me, I looked at AJ and he smiled.

“Morning, baby.”

I smiled and tried to ignore the endearment AJ has been using since last night. I quietly ate my breakfast while the father and son couldn’t stop laughing about something.

“As I’ve told you last night I have a surprise for you, sweetheart.”

I said as soon as Alexis pushed his plate aside. I motioned for him to come with me in the living room. He was surprised when he saw the travelling bag and his backpack. He threw me a questioning look.

“You are going with your Daddy for two months. I am going to miss you, honey.”

“Thank you, Mom! You are the best!” Alexis hugged me so tight, then he looked up to me again “Aren’t you going with us?”

“No, baby, I am really sorry. You know how busy mommy is right?”

“But Aunt Leighanne comes on tour with Uncle Brian and Baylee.”

“Aunt Leighanne can bring her work with her on tour but I cannot... I have to stay here. I am going to call you up everyday and you need to tell me everything, ok?” Alexis nodded and hugged me again “Now go upstairs and fix yourself, you and Dad has to be prepared in an hour.” Alexis ran upstairs

“Thank you, Rachel.” He said seriously

“Just enjoy your time with him, and please make him
happy.”

“I will. Thanks. Do you want to talk before we go?”

I slowly shook my head and gave him a hope-you-understand look. AJ nodded and went upstairs to prepare. The boys will pick them up in an hour. I went back to the kitchen to wash the dishes and when I’m done I waited for Alexis and AJ in the living room. I opened the front door when I heard a car coming, I saw the boys getting out of the car. I opened the front door and greeted them.

“Well I guess it’s time to say goodbye.” I said while looking at everyone

“I’m gonna miss you, angel. It’s a good thing I have your number now.” Nick chuckled

“Please don’t call me five times a day.” I rolled my eyes , then looked at Brian “Please keep your promise, Brian, take care of my baby.”

“We always take care of AJ, don’t worry about that, angel.” Nick grinned

“Not funny!” I gave Nick a warning look

“We’re done!”

AJ said as he and Alexis walked into the living room, everyone was happy to see that Alexis will be joining them on tour.

“Ok then, Let’s go!”

Howie said and helped his wife to stand up. We went outside and I said goodbye to everyone. I hugged and kissed each of them. Then it was time to say goodbye to Alexis and AJ.

“Be a good boy, honey, always obey your father. Don’t forget to pray at night and Mommy is going to call you everyday, ok?”

Alexis nodded, kissed and hugged me. He was very excited. I held on Alexis for a few moments before letting him go. Alexis got inside the car, now AJ was the only one left outside. I handed him a paper.

“I wrote everything there from when to take his vitamins to foods he is allergic to. But you can always call me if you want to ask anything.” AJ nodded while checking out the notes.

“Wow! This is a very long list. I think you covered everything.” He gave me the smile that always made my heart beat faster.

“Take care of Alexis, kiss him for me every morning when he wakes up and everynight before he close his eyes.”

“I’ll never forget that. Bye Rachel. See you soon, baby.”

He kissed me on the lips, it was too fast I didn’t have the time to stop him. The kiss lasted for only three seconds but the effect will last forever. I caught Nick’s teasing smile. AJ smiled and waved at me before he closed the car’s door. I sighed when the car pulled away.