- Text Size +
RACHEL’s POV

August 28, 2009
The Hermitage Hotel, Nashville, Tennessee.

Nick and Lauren were officially Mr and Mrs Carter. The newlyweds were beaming and grinning from ear to ear.. They got married in a small church an hour ago and now it was time for the big reception. The couple has invited approximately 200 guest and those are just relatives and friends of the Carter and Kitt families. I was in the same table as Leighanne, Brian, Howie, Leigh, Kevin and Kristin. Baylee and Alexis were somewhere playing with Mason, Kevin’s son. And AJ hasn’t showed up in the hotel yet, Brian said we must have left him in the church and he got lost trying to get in the hotel. We stopped laughing when Nick took the centerstage, Lauren just stayed on the side, smiling. As if it was their cue, Howie, Brian and Kevin stood up and went to the stage too.

“Backstreet boys re-united.” One guest commented and everyone screamed in excitement. Nick held up his hand to make the guest stop, and there was silence.

“This is my wedding day. I am supposed to be the star of the day right?” Some of the guest nodded, some of them shouted ‘yes’ and some of them just smiled knowing something funny or exciting will come up. “But I love my friend so much I am willing to share the stage with him, and see even these guys are willing to support him.” He paused for a moment then laughed softly “ Brian’s going to play the guitar, Kevin will play the piano, Howie would be the back up singer. I wanted to play the drums but my wife said, Damn! It feels so good to say that, my wife.” He looked at Lauren and mouthed I love you and in return Lauren gave him a flying kiss, the guest cheered them. “As I was saying, my wife said I would just ruin the romantic setting so I’ll just play the guitar too”

I felt a little nervous. The four guys were on stage and AJ was nowhere to be found. I hadn’t talked to him because he was avoiding me in the Church. The way Leighanne, Leigh and Kristin looked at me, I knew something was up. I heard Nick spoke again.

“Ladies and gentlemen, my dear friend AJ McLean.”

I froze when I saw AJ came from the backstage, he took the microphone from Nick.

“Sorry, Nick, for taking the spotlight from you.” He chuckled. Nick gave him two thumbs up. AJ looked at Lauren “Thank you, Lauren, for being so supportive of my plan.” Lauren just smiled “I want to dedicate this song to the only woman I’ve loved. After four years of searching, I’ve found her and I want to tell her that I never stopped loving her even for one second. That I am sorry for everything that happened between us.” AJ turned and looked at the direction where our table was “Rachel, you have and will always be my everything.”

It's not that I can't live without you
It's just that I don't even want to try
Every night I dream about you
Ever since the day we said goodbye
If I wasn't such a fool
Right now I'd be holding you
There's nothin' that I wouldn't do
Baby if I only knew

The words to say
The road to take
To find a way back to your heart
What can I do
To get to you
And find a way back to your heart

I wiped my tears, it felt so good to hear AJ sing one of my favourite backstreet songs. I glanced at Kristin, she was smiling and obviously still touched by this song. Kevin wrote this song for her when they broke up for one month. I saw AJ coming down from the stage and walking towards me while singing.

I don't know how it got so crazy
But I'll do anything to set things right
Cuz your love is so amazing
Baby you're the best thing in my life
Let me prove my love is real
And made you feel the way I feel
I promise I would give the world
If only you would tell me girl

AJ was now singing in front of her, tears flowing from his eyes.

Give me one more chance, to give my love to you
Cuz no one on this earth loves you like I do
Tell me...

I turn back time
To make you mine
And find a way back to your heart
I beg and plead
Fall to my knees
To find a way back to your heart

AJ kneeled down, took a velvet box from his pocket and opened it. My mouth dropped when I saw a canary yellow diamond engagement ring inside the box. I covered my mouth with my hands. With tears flowing from his eyes he started to speak.

“I’ve loved you since the first day we met, and after Seven years I am still in love with you and loving you more each day. We’ve been through so much, I lost you four years ago and I would never let that happen again. You are the best thing that happened to me... You have and will always be my everything. You made me the happiest man in the world when you give me a beautiful and wonderful son, Thank you so much for that. I am very blessed to be able to ask you this, Rachel Anne Stewart, will you marry me? I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever.”

I was too stunned to answer, I could hear Leighanne and Kristin telling me to say ‘yes’. I was just staring at AJ, tears were flowing from my eyes.

“Yes! AJ, yes I will marry you” I was able to answer after a few minutes. AJ was relieved. AJ helped me to stand up. “I love you too AJ, so damn much!” I was still crying, AJ cupped my head with his hands.

“It’s Alex, sweetheart, It’s Alex.” Then he kissed me senseless for about three minutes. We only stopped when we heard the guest cheering for us. AJ smiled and took the microphone from the floor “I guess we’ll see you again in our wedding next month.”

“Next month?” I protested “That’s too fast, we wouldn’t be able to pull off a nice wedding”

“What can I do? I can’t wait for you to be mine.” He kissed me again. “Let’s get out of here”

“What? Why?”

“Let’s give back the spotlight to the newlyweds” he chuckled.

“Where are we going?” I asked him while tracing his lips with my fingers. AJ fanned me with a magnetic card. My eyes widened and blushed “AJ!!! You don’t---“

“I knew you’d say YES so I already reserve a room for us. I miss you, soon to be Mrs McLean, and I can’t wait any longer.” He grinned, obviously with dirty thoughts on his mind. “Plus you look absolutely gorgeous and sexy with that purple dress.”

“What about Alexis? Our son?” I reminded him.

“You guys go to your love nest, I’d take care of Alexis.”

Leighanne said while playfully pushing us away. We run to the elevator as soon as Leighanne was finished talking. We spent three hours in that room, making up for those wasted years. We did nothing but show our love for one another. One month from now the wedding will take place and nothing or no one can separate us again.