- Text Size +
NICK’s POV

"This place looks good. Nice and cozy."

I looked around the diner, off to the left side was the counter, the two waitress there were too busy to notice us. There were like twelve tables and only two of them were occupied. I smiled when I smelled the aroma of coffee. I was about to choose a table when I noticed a cute little boy running towards me. He was wearing a white shirt and red shorts, he was holding "The Flash" action figure on his left hand.

"Uncle Nicky!"

“Say what?”

I felt the little boy’s excitement when he hugged me tightly. I looked at him with confusion.

"What are you doing here Uncle Nicky? Are you having a concert here? Is dad with you?"

I didn’t know what to say, I have no answer to his questions. He was driving me crazy.
"Uncle Brian! Aunt Leighanne!"

The little boy’s smile grew wider when he saw Brian and Leighanne behind me. He hugged them both, Leighanne smiled and hugged back though I know she had no idea who the boy was. Brian stared at the little boy as if he met a friend he hadn't seen in years.

"Hi Baylee! how are you doin'?” The boy asked shyly

"I'm fine. Thanks" Baylee answered with a smile

"Wait. You know us?" I knew that was a dumb question but I couldn’t help but ask.

"Yes!" the boy replied with a smile

"How?" I asked

"Because you are my godparents." The boy replied proudly

"You're what?!" I didn’t mean to raised my voice but damn, I was surprised by his answer.

"Don't you recognize me, Uncle Nicky?" The boy asked softly, I could tell he was hurt. I pressed my lips together, I didn’t want to hurt the boy more. He turned to Brian as if he was asking for help "Uncle Brian?"

"You look very familiar," Brian said finally, and the boy's face lit up "I think I've seen you before."

The boy smiled, I looked at Brian to see if he was telling the truth or just leading him on. But knowing Brian, he was telling the truth.

"Aunt Ally!" the boy called one of the waitress in the counter.

We all looked at the counter to see the person he was calling. The girl he called Ally looked up and I saw she was shocked. After staring at us for like thirty seconds she immediately runs towards us.

"Look who's here, Aunt Ally." The boy said in a very excited tone "Daddy might be home right now I gotta go tell mom" He looked at Brian and then me before he run towards the door.

Ally followed him but he ran so fast. She was sad and disappointed when she came back inside the diner. We were still standing on the same spot.

"I'm sorry about that." Ally said when she came back “Did he said anything?" she added nervously.

"Well, he was just saying that we are his godparents and asking us if he's dad is with us" I shrugged "Why did he say that anyway?"

"His mom is a big backstreet fan, he grew up seeing your pictures around the house. Maybe he believed it when his mom told him once that you are his godparents." Ally explained without looking at us.

"I thought no one in this town knows about us." I looked at Brian

"Don't worry no one will recognize you here except for his mom and me" Ally explained

"What about his dad?" Leighanne asked Ally "He was asking us if he's dad is with us" Leighanne tried to look Ally straight in the eye but Ally kept avoiding eye contact.

"I'm sorry you must be starving would you like something to eat?" Ally asked and gave Leighanne an apologetic smile.

"Yes, please" I answered when Brian and Leighanne didn’t say anything.

Ally led us to a table near the counter, she took our orders and went to the kitchen.

"Hey, Rok! What are you thinking? You look serious." I asked Brian while playing with the cheaply laminated menu, it looked as though they hadn't been replaced in years.

"That boy really looks familiar." Brian finally answered.

"Baby, Ally looks familiar, too. I think I've seen her in one of your concerts." Leighanne explained
Brian looked at Leighanne "Baby, have you seen his eyes? I think I've seen those eyes before, I just can't remember."

"So? Who do you think is his father? Howie or AJ?" I chuckled, the seriousness on their faces drove me crazy.

"That's it!" Brian snapped his fingers "He looks like AJ, he has AJ's eyes." Brian breaks into smile while explaining.

"I kinda noticed it, too. I was just not sure" Leighanne said.

"Do you think he is AJ's son?" I asked Brian seriously. I looked at him like he had gone crazy.

"We're not sure about that." Leighanne said

The food arrived a few minutes later and we continued our conversation as we ate. Brian and Leighanne were arguing about whether to tell AJ about the little boy. Brian said they were not sure if AJ was the father that little boy was asking about, it could be Howie or any guy related to the backstreet boy. It must be a coincindence that the little boy looks like AJ and they have the same eyes. Leighanne explained that the little boy must be referring to Howie or AJ because Ally said his mom was a backstreet fan. She pointed out again that Ally looks familiar and she was sure she has seen her before in one of our concert. She said something that bothered me, She said if Ally was really a fan why didn't she freaked out when she saw us instead Leighanne saw fear and anger in Ally's eyes. Though, I’m pretty sure Ally was shocked when she saw us, I couldn’t tell if it was because I am backstreet boy or she has other reasons. In the end we all agreed to tell Howie and Aj about this, they have to know that there was a boy claiming one of them as his father just because his mom was a BSB fan. We finished our food, after the bill arrived I put some money on the table and motioned for us to leave.