- Text Size +
BRIAN’s POV

"You've got to be kidding me."

AJ said while slowly shaking his head. He couldn’t believe the story we had just told them. Well, who would believe it? A innocent boy believes Howie or AJ was father. That wasn’t fair, to Howie or AJ and to the little boy. His mother must be a crazy fan and I wonder what does his real father thinks about this.

"He looks just like you Alex." I heard Nick told AJ

"Is this one of your pranks Nickolas? This is not funny." AJ warned Nick, I laughed when I saw Nick looked at Leighanne for help. It takes a lot of courage for Nick to ask help from Leighanne, and I was enjoying it every time.

"It's true, Alex, he really looks like a mini version of you." Leighanne explained and smiled at Nick.

"So? Does it mean AJ is the father?" Howie asked and scratched his head “Leigh won't talk to me until I proved to her I don't have a illegitimate child."

My wife laughed and stood up. She gave Howie a concern look.

"I'll talk to her, Howie."

My wife went to the couple’s room upstairs. We continued in our meeting but I could see AJ was not paying attention. He was thinking hard about something and I could only guess he was thinking about the little boy.

After couple of minutes I saw my wife and Leigh climbing down the stairs. Leigh sat beside her husband and whispered she was sorry. Howie kissed his wife on her forehead, hugged her tight and touched her growing tummy. I smiled to my wife and she smiled back.

"Hey guys! what do you want for dinner?" Leighanne asked.

"Anything. Actually, I'm starving." AJ was the first to reply.

"Sorry to disappoint you, guys, but Leighanne and I are not in the mood to cook." Leigh announced.

I laughed when I saw the looks on Nick and AJ's faces, they looked like they've just been told they didn't make it to the Grammy's.

"Any suggestion?" Leighanne asked laughing

"Pizza..." Nick replied with a big smile on his face.

"Why am I not surprised with your suggestion?" AJ teased Nick.

"Maybe because we have the same idea?" Nick laughed when AJ nodded

"Pizza with lots of cheese and more cheese and more cheese." I added.

"I love cheese." Nick said while licking his lips

"Ok. I'll go and buy pizza." Leighanne stood up and picked up her purse on the table

"Baby, you don't have to. Let's just have it delivered here.” I suggested. I grabbed her in the arm to stopped her.

"Brian, the pizza parlor is just a couple of blocks away." She explained "I'll just pick up the pizza myself, ok?" She kissed me in the cheeks and headed towards the front door.

"Be careful, I love you." I shouted before she closed the door

"Ew! Rok! you're so corny." AJ threw a pillow at me.

"What can I do? I'm in love." I answered laughing, AJ threw another pillow to me "Wait till you fall in love, Alex, and you'll know how it feels." I stopped laughing when I realized what I just said.

One look at AJ and I wished I could take back those damn words. AJ's smile faded slowly, he took the paper at the table and pretended he was reading the ideas Howie and Nick just wrote. I saw the pain in his eyes. I was so stupid to forget he has already fell in love and was mending a broken heart. It has been four years but AJ couldn’t forget her. Sure, Alex had lots of girlfriends after her but they all know he was pretending, living up to the image of being the biggest flirt of the group. He'd love no one else but her.

I saw Nick gave me the duh look. I could almost hear him cursing me on his mind. We have always been careful with that topic around AJ.

"I'm sorry, J. I didn't mean to ----"

"No harm done." AJ cut me off and tried to smile